What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Arma 64 bit crashes / freezes

RickE

Basic Boy
I know i made a topic about this but i didnt go into detail that much, here is a newer version

so i bought my computer maybe 3 years ago. and havent changed anything except ram and graphics card. arma has worked completely fine without crashes or sudden framedrops et.c

but then came the 64bit update to arma, this really screwed my arma up. everytime i came to the menu where you can go to servers, singleplayer, editor and profile et.c it freezes  instantly when i try clicking anything. this is weird because i have a 64 bit pc. so it should run it fine, when i try opening task manager the Arma 3 cursor is still on the screen and i cant click anything so i am forced to restart my whole pc.  i have gone to supports on teamspeak and asked what can i do, most of the answers we're that i should go to parameters on the launcher and change it from 64 bit to 32 bits, it did not really help, still freezes after trying to move around and clicking stuff, i have also gotten answers like verifying game cache and restarting pc, making sure my drivers are up to date. and it is still not working, i have given this a thought that my CPU is to blame, but i have runned arma with it comepletly fine before so i dont know what is causing the problem, i have contacted bohemia support but it takes weeks for them  to respond, so any sort of help would be lovely. Thanks

Have you actually tried running Arma in 32bit?

You can do this by opening your launcher, going to parameters > advanced > change to 32bit from 64bit [or something like that].

I'm not a tech wizz but it might be useful for people to help you if you tried running it like you used to above, and seeing if it is still working (in which case it is likely not a hardware issue)

Have you actually tried running Arma in 32bit?

You can do this by opening your launcher, going to parameters > advanced > change to 32bit from 64bit [or something like that].

I'm not a tech wizz but it might be useful for people to help you if you tried running it like you used to above, and seeing if it is still working (in which case it is likely not a hardware issue)
I have tried switching it from 64 bit to 32 and then running arma. it did not do any difference except it did not crash that fast

Go to your Arma 3 launcher/Parameters/Advanced Settings/Memory Allocator and set it to JE Malloc. Hopefully this helps 

Try using the JEM allocator,It's a pretty weird problem,have you maybe tried running the game in differnet mode,like Fullscreen windowed instead of fullscreen or the other way around?It kinda sounds like a RAM issue if you asked me though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rip, im out of solutions then.

Try using the JEM allocator,It's a pretty weird problem,have you maybe tried running the game in differnet mode,like Fullscreen windowed instead of fullscreen or the other way around?It kinda sounds like a RAM issue if you asked me though.
It worked. thanks so much guys. i was just stupid all along, i had 32 bit with the allocator, not 64 bit, that was the problem

Back