What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Arma Crash - Arma 3 crash error: 0xC0000005 - STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Ponty

nah nothing mate
Ever since playing Tanoa I have found that each time I log into Altis and try to load the game after selecting a slot my game will crash giving the error above. After verifying my game cache several times it still comes up with this crash message. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I am pretty good at fixing this stuff normally, but I have the same issue, I have done everything apart from reinstall arma to try and fix it.

if you try live 10 times you eventually get in.

I am pretty good at fixing this stuff normally, but I have the same issue, I have done everything apart from reinstall arma to try and fix it.

if you try live 10 times you eventually get in.

I'm yet to reinstall as well, bit hesitant to do so as it requires redoing my settings, just hoping for an actual fix.

This works for me and a few others
90d4f8ae546a39df5814ee6fa4492b31.png

I can confirm the methods listed above with the Malloc works.

I'm having the same problem. The malloc fix solved the memory error that i was having as well. But no this one unfortunately.
I'm able to get in the server eventually, but it takes a lot of tries. And sometimes it makes my computer freeze as well, forcing me to restart it. It's being a pain to play.

This all started after the Apex update. Bohemia must have screwed something up.

Arma 3 troubleshooting.png

You need to change the bit where it says CPU to the amount of cores your processor has
 yeah you need to allow arma to automatically detect cpu usage.

Alright so windows 10 has a "special" memory and system compressor and basically what has happened is that Arma+steam is having some bug that causes the windows to not be able to process the malloc properly with it being left un proccessable the memory for the game can not say active for the time its supposed to, Now there is no fix for this but a simple 2 step procedure to get through it.

1. Paramaters>Advanced>Malloc+WindowsAllocator[system]

Make sure malloc is checked off and windows allocator is selected in the drop bar.

2. Restart steam every time this happens

It will allow the compressed memory in steam to erase and restart allowing arma to try to "malloc" properly again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im also reciveing this error, I've verified gamce cache numerous times, re-installed the game and restarted my pc. Im gonna try some of that malloc stuff even though i dont know what it means!

Pretty sure @Drewhas a confirmed fix for this 
There is about 10-15 differnt fixes nocking around the forum. Iv come to the conclusion there is NO fix. It just somtimes works then other times it wont work.

So you might try one thing and then the game works, but is that due to the fix you did or the game just randomly working again?

There is about 10-15 differnt fixes nocking around the forum. Iv come to the conclusion there is NO fix. It just somtimes works then other times it wont work.

So you might try one thing and then the game works, but is that due to the fix you did or the game just randomly working again?
isnt that the reference memory error?

anyone who has tried all of these fixes are we all on windows 10? im thinking about installing windows 7 or 8 to try if we are all on windows 10.. see if thats the issue?

Back