What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

ATC Radio + Jobs

Chilli

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police Trainer
Currently:

As some people may have seen. Police have been shooting down a few aircraft. I believe it is a little too much. However from police side there is a reason. Helicopters get to close in order to talk and NPAS struggle to tell people to leave airspace without doing flyby while shouting.

Suggestion:

Add a new keybind that acts as ATC. This only works when in a helicopter or ATC room. Helicopters can talk to other helicopters close to them and closest ATC tower. ATC tower can talk to any aircraft near them. That way NPAS doesn't have to get close and can give warnings on why RAF would be called. And Pilots of other helis can also make their intentions clear to NPAS.

The reason for a new keybind instead of radio frequency. Is because pilots wouldnt use hand held radios and also means you can still speak on radios. Civilians to friends and police to police. Thats why suggesting a new keybind for it like how radio keybind works.

what about trolls?

Lock ATC talk access behind a pilot licence. Anyone can still receive meassages. This means that only people with pilot licences can speak on ATC. So anyone who doesnt respond is considered a threat as Currently how works most of time.

This looks like it only helps police!

Well what about if there was a new Civilian Job who manned ATC towers. With this new ATC role. They have ablity to check all aircrafts. When in a ATC room they should also be able to contact anyone on their area. Example Los santos International tower can do everyone from airport to the vinewood sign. Sandy shores can do the north. And maybe if some level or soft whitelist given by police to good ATC people. ATC control in fort zancudo. ATC should also be able to track all aircraft currently flying.

How does this help?

It stops people being shot down quickly and completly if they had a valid reason.

Roleplay aspect?

No more what feels like RDM or power gaming by RAF being able to shoot down on request of police. Since RAF can also have access to ATC or police can get new frequency to RAF or the current method used.

Gives people a ATC job and can control airflow and give aircrafts Callsigns.

Gives police ablity to declare areas as a no fly zone if its temporary.

Does this change balance of server?

Yes and No. Yes police get a little more power. However currently police act with that power anyway. It just gives the current victims a chance to comply easier

Last edited by a moderator:
Being in an ATC tower would probably be even more boring in this game than it is IRL. I would hate that part. I cant see it being popular at all. However, access to UHF/VHF radio onboard the aircraft is a great idea so you get a plus one for that. 

Being in an ATC tower would probably be even more boring in this game than it is IRL. I would hate that part. I cant see it being popular at all. However, access to UHF/VHF radio onboard the aircraft is a great idea so you get a plus one for that. 
with it atc tower is optional. no one has to do it for it all to work. its just there if domeone wanted to.

with it atc tower is optional. no one has to do it for it all to work. its just there if domeone wanted to.
100% agree but how would one know if there is "traffic" so to speak. Its not like helicopters are as prolific as cars and with the no go areas it makes flying one more difficult. Also there isnt that much to do with one that couldnt be achieved in a car. I used to have one and barely used it, for just this reason. 

Im supportive of the idea absolutely, if you want to be a tower nerd go right ahead. I just think the radio thing has a huge chance of being implemented but for me personally I would find the ATC element a bit too much like busmans holiday but thats my biases showing through. 

Back