What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Attacks in London, UK - Two Minutes Silence

Tadworth

In the shadows
Dev Team
It's become all too common that I'm having to make these posts now, the last I made was back in July for the attacks in Nice. It's unfortuante that the world we live in is affected so much not only by violence and hatred but also prejudice, which ususally stems from attacks like these.

As I said in my last post, we must not let attacks like these divide us, we should take pride in our values as a society and should unify to stand up to protect them, these attacks are not just against those who are physically injured, but are attacks against the basic values and principles which we all live by. We will not let the tiny minority divide us.

-----

Due to the latest attacks, two minutes silence will be held at Kavala Police Station on this Sunday 26th of March, for all those who wish to attend to commemorate those who have died or been injured during not only this attack, but all those which we have seen, from the attacks on the 22nd of March last year, to those on the 13th of November, July 15th in Nice and in London 22nd of March, this year.

This will take place after the 8PM Restart on Server #1.

Rules of attendance: 

• No firearms may be visible from both police officers or civilians/rebels in the station.
  • The police will not make any arrests on people who are attending until they have left the station for at least 5 minutes.
Rnp8c1c.gif

I don't live in the UK but I'll definitely be there. Honestly i'm impressed. I've never seen a community come together like this on a game before but then again, i've never been in any war zones or in the midst of any attacks.

I don't live in the UK but I'll definitely be there. Honestly i'm impressed. I've never seen a community come together like this on a game before but then again, i've never been in any war zones or in the midst of any attacks.
I too think it's really rather heartwarming, tbh. I mean, this game seems to practically pivot around the topic of cop-killing roleplay, and we do it daily, over and over. An idiot MOTP might be forgiven for thinking (if they believed all those media-arseholes who think videogames are the devil's spawn) that we'd be de-sensitised to it, or that we might even glorify such behaviour... but the reality is very different.

Sometimes by roleplaying the unthinkable, it actually makes us think more, and serves to highlight just how important human life is, and how many other brave people put themselves into the firing line for us on a daily basis, quietly, without fanfare and with nothing but a sense of duty and an approachable attitude to protect them.

This community does make me proud sometimes. So do those people whom we remember at times like these. 

Code:
<hr color="blue" size="thin">

Last edited by a moderator:
Back