What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

ATTN: EVGA 1070/1080 ACX Users - Thermal Failure Warning

Zeito

Computers are just well organised sand
VRM components may overheat and fail on EVGA GTX 1070 or 1080 GPUs with ACX coolers

GTX 1070 and 1080 GPUs from EVGA have been facing some thermal issues when using the companies own ACX cooler design, with Tom's Hardware pointing out that the GPUs VRM temperatures could get as high as 1-7-114 degrees celsius when under full load. 

More information at the below link:

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/vrm_components_may_overheat_and_fail_on_evga_gtx_1070_or_1080_gpus_with_acx_coolers/1

VRM components may overheat and fail on EVGA GTX 1070 or 1080 GPUs with ACX coolers

GTX 1070 and 1080 GPUs from EVGA have been facing some thermal issues when using the companies own ACX cooler design, with Tom's Hardware pointing out that the GPUs VRM temperatures could get as high as 1-7-114 degrees celsius when under full load. 

More information at the below link:

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/vrm_components_may_overheat_and_fail_on_evga_gtx_1070_or_1080_gpus_with_acx_coolers/1
Ripp

Is the for All 1070's and 1080's or Just for the OC ones?

I've got a GTX 1070 from gigabyte, should I be worried? Or is this 100% only with EVGA?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a GTX 1070 from gigabyte, should I be worried? Or is this 100% only with EVGA?
as the article says - it is only 1070/1080s from EVGA using their own-design ACX cooler.

Damn... Just installed two of their 1080s with the ACX cooler on, requested two sets of the thermal pads from EVGA.

Damn... Just installed two of their 1080s with the ACX cooler on, requested two sets of the thermal pads from EVGA.
xD Rip But Well maybe its only few gpus issue not All the Gpus that published

It's only under certain heavy load conditions from what i've read, but yeah last thing you want is a 114C spike and the thing to start a fire!

Back