What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Aviation Rules

Haywire

Escaped Convict
Hey,

I have a few questions about the aviation rules on the server. Although I am sure I haven't broken any because I am very cautious when in the air, I have heard lots of different stories about how high you can fly and where you can fly and they have all been different. I was hoping I could get some answers to make my time in the air a lot more enjoyable, thanks! :)

Helicopters

What are the rules above cities such as Kavala and Athira? To clarify, I don't mean laws. For example, how high are you allowed to hover?

Jets

This one bothers me the most. Is there a rule as to how high you can fly your jet? I currently stick to 300m however I would love to fly lower if it isn't against the rules, I understand the engine is loud and all.

I can't seem to find these rules written down anywhere and I have got a mixture of responses, sorry if i'm being an idiot!

Thanks

The rules aren't really set in stone, It's just about how much you affect role play of other people on the server mixed with a little common sense. I think with the introduction of Earplugs, the admins, from a server (not in-game laws) perspective are a tiny bit more relaxed about it.

Out in the red zone for instance, I don't think the admins will mind too much if you drop to 100 meters in a Jet, as long as you steer clear of any other flying vehicles.

Constantly hovering over a town below 150 meters, or flying a jet repeatedly over an area where people are trying to role play (UNMC border for instance) will probably start getting an admin's attention.

But honestly, I've done the odd pass over in a Jet at 100 meters at the border when no other helicopters are in the air, and it's usually not a problem... as long as its only once.

The best thing to do is watch other vehicles doing the things you're worried about, how loud are they without earplugs, etc?

After a while you generally learn what kind of heights are acceptable for people and what aren't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, @hatchingdraggon you'll need to get your jet out and do some formation flying with @Al P.. and @Proxeum and me.
Once Prox finally get's off his lazy butt and gets his Jet.

Also, @hatchingdraggon you'll need to get your jet out and do some formation flying with @Al P.. and @Proxeum and me.
Once Prox finally get's off his lazy butt and gets his Jet.
Haha will be sure to do that. Thanks for the response, to be honest I was hoping to do lower flying. Under telephone wires and soaring 5 minutes above the frog swamp. I have no intention of trolling..showing off..maybe :3

The main thing I hear is, do not fly low to towns for extended periods of time. You are going to interrupt roleplay situations, and make it hard for players to hear each other, even if they do have their ear plugs in. Make sure not to VDM anyone also, by purposefully crashing into other air vehicles.

The main thing I hear is, do not fly low to towns for extended periods of time. You are going to interrupt roleplay situations, and make it hard for players to hear each other, even if they do have their ear plugs in. Make sure not to VDM anyone also, by purposefully crashing into other air vehicles.
If you fly low close to cities/towns that have a number of players in (Kavala for example) you will indeed be interrupting RP and the police will issue an aviation warning to any helicopters flying above, if you ignore that warning then the police will issue warning shots and if you ignore those warning shots you will be shot down. I generally think that helicopters should try and avoid major cities/towns just because it's an annoyance to anyone who's in that city/town.

Sniff...sniff...

I can smell an Alits Aerobatic Display Team coming together ;)

Technically speaking i believe all towns are supposed to be no fly zones. you can only land in towns when you have authorisation, you aren't supposed to fly over them at all, but we also don't have anything written in stone to accomplish this. Might need some more info, maybe @Neo would know?

Technically speaking i believe all towns are supposed to be no fly zones. you can only land in towns when you have authorisation, you aren't supposed to fly over them at all, but we also don't have anything written in stone to accomplish this. Might need some more info, maybe @Neo would know?
Back in the day all of the spawn cities used to be greenzones, they were not what they are now. You only couldn't land hour chopper inside or it will get scrapped by the police. This is how I met @Vladic Ka just outside of Agios one day :p

The ability to fly over towns at high altitude (300m) is when passing over.. We have no issue with choppers going from A to B over a town. The no fly zone is more of a no loitering zone due to pollution, and emergency traffic (NHS and Police Choppers). It's not that we hate choppers flying over, it's the noise they make.... Even with ear-plugs it's not perfect, and not everyone knows to use them.

So if you're hovering over a town, expect the worst, warnings/ warning fire (tracer shots in front of windshield), and shots to Hull, mainly to force a retreat out of the area.

Landing inside of a towns limits can and will result in it getting scrapped.. this especially goes for those landing at a garage as that's exploiting a game mechanic.

Solution: AA Guns for Polie and medics :)

It's now classed as exploting to land at a garage? LOL
I know, I already gave alot of suggestions to @DainMK who will discuss it with the admin team. It regards things that every day rebels would like to see implemented for them and a possible fix for some community issues we have been dealing with for a long time.

Back