What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Ban Posting of frag montages on discord and forums

Custard Cream

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
Los Santos NHS
idk about other people and im expecting this suggestion to get downvoted to hell but frankly im sick of seeing frag montages getting posted on the forums and to discord channels. Back in the ALUK days posting anything of that form in this community was highly looked down upon and was only really prevalent in the other popular servers that didnt have the dedication to roleplay RPUK had at the time. 

Since arma had its inevitable decline and the "Fraggers" from the game had started to move onto other pastures it seems like the majority of them started to come here. And with that the downfall of roleplay that RPUK was so well known for. With this also came the rise of these frag montages and "Fragger mentality" that is so common on the server today and its just abit shit tbf. The 4:3 Low res packs with people using crosshair x and stuff is just really disheartening to see on this community coming from a long term member and now its starting to flood the discord and forums. Majority of the time the videos have the usual "This video doesn't represent RPUK as a whole as its a serious roleplay community and lots of serious RP led upto this war" when lets be fair it hasnt most the time.

Anyway slight rant over my suggestion is that we have a rule that prevents the posting of these videos to discord and the forums. Combat is part of the game and thats fair enough but the videos that are coming up makes RPUK look like a typical V Menu 1M or die server and its just abit shit tbf. Make people who post this stuff have posting restrictions or stuff or straight up game server removals because its very clear they are here for nothing but frags imo. This with the addition of the new post by stavik about people with stretched res ect being removed on a case by case basis I think would be a good step in not promoting the fragger mentality and instead actually promoting the community as a place were you can get some good honest fun roleplay in a public capacity.

Thanks for reading.

people should be able to upload whatever they want, it happens in the game so only makes sense people can upload it. 

200.gif

Nothing better than seeing a cheeky speed boost flick onto someone's dome with a 3second meme clip after the kill , let people upload what they want to upload, some of the "frag montages" as people would call them have supplied more entertainment to people in this community than most other videos.

-1 People prefer different stuff, some people like watching the wars between 2 gangs and some don't, Dont think they should be banned its content at the end of the day

200.gif

idk about other people and im expecting this suggestion to get downvoted to hell but frankly im sick of seeing frag montages getting posted on the forums and to discord channels. Back in the ALUK days posting anything of that form in this community was highly looked down upon and was only really prevalent in the other popular servers that didnt have the dedication to roleplay RPUK had at the time. 

Since arma had its inevitable decline and the "Fraggers" from the game had started to move onto other pastures it seems like the majority of them started to come here. And with that the downfall of roleplay that RPUK was so well known for. With this also came the rise of these frag montages and "Fragger mentality" that is so common on the server today and its just abit shit tbf. The 4:3 Low res packs with people using crosshair x and stuff is just really disheartening to see on this community coming from a long term member and now its starting to flood the discord and forums. Majority of the time the videos have the usual "This video doesn't represent RPUK as a whole as its a serious roleplay community and lots of serious RP led upto this war" when lets be fair it hasnt most the time.

Anyway slight rant over my suggestion is that we have a rule that prevents the posting of these videos to discord and the forums. Combat is part of the game and thats fair enough but the videos that are coming up makes RPUK look like a typical V Menu 1M or die server and its just abit shit tbf. Make people who post this stuff have posting restrictions or stuff or straight up game server removals because its very clear they are here for nothing but frags imo. This with the addition of the new post by stavik about people with stretched res ect being removed on a case by case basis I think would be a good step in not promoting the fragger mentality and instead actually promoting the community as a place were you can get some good honest fun roleplay in a public capacity.

Thanks for reading.
-1 people should be aloud to be post what they like

-1 from me, as someone who loves video editing i love it, making the azteca one was good experience for me personally. I love watching everyone’s videos and the memes that come from it. Leaves good memories from wars etc, they get unnecessary hate from people when they’re just tryna have fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
-1 on this imo, i feel like montages bring life into the city, without videos being put out of wars and by not having things like war reports it would be dry and boring for the server, plus like Kenneth said above there are people who love editing videos, i personally feel montages leave a staple on the server 

It’s a game at the end of the day and people come here to have fun and if a frag montage is fun to people then why not?   

-1 people should be able to post what they want. If you don't like frag montages then don't watch them. At the end of the day they're just a bit of fun

People think just because theres kills in a video it makes it a frag montage when in reality it shows more than that theres often a bunch of funny moments and memes the community enjoys 

Back