What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Banned for RDM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebu

So me and my 3 buddies have been playing on this server for a while. My brother got banned yesterday for RDM and when I joined today I noticed that I was also banned for the same reason.

I think it's unfair to ban us for RDM because we were flying to Kavala with a Hummingbird when the COPS started shooting at us. I think it's fair that we can defend ourselves with weapons. We all had rebel licences so it's just stupid that when a cop shoots at rebels it's fine but if the rebel shoots back he gets banned. What's the point of becoming a rebel then? We worked our arses off to get rebel licences and then we get banned for basically nothing.

Could the owner/admins please think about this for 5 minutes. Our names are [DG] Sebu and Kasperi.

Thank you!

I don't recall either of those names, so it was most likely Wilco (the server-owner) that wielded the ban-hammer on this occasion. I'm sure he'll deal with this when he is free. Bear in mind he is *incredibly* busy at the moment.

Having said that, if your actions boiled down to "multiple rebels engaging in a firefight in a city without prior approval from an admin", then that's a breach of the server-rules (you have read the server rules, I hope?), and your ban is likely to stand, unless you can convince Wilco that you're aware of the rules, and extremely, humbly sorry.

Anything much less is likely to get you a one-way ticket to Oblivion on the ban-bus...

#justsayin'

If you were flying over kavala or any city for that matter, the police will start shooting at you because you are not allowed fly in city airspace as it says in the rules, and if you land and open fire at the in the city it is a rebel attack which if you are more than 1 person has to be asked permission from the admin to do.

If it was 2 hours after a big rebel attack, unless you were part of the gang involved in the attack, and its organisers had received admin approval, AND it was still going on two hours later (which I doubt), then frankly, I don't think you've got much to complain about, Sebu.

Sounds to me like you took advantage of someone else's attack to follow it up with one of your own, unauthorised attack.

If that's not the case, please elaborate.

That is propably one of the stupidest things I've ever read. If someone breaks the law police should do something about it. Like ask for backup or something like that. Only thing that the police really do is drive around the city givining tickets to people who didn't stop their car in front of a STOP sign. When there is something big happening they just go and ask the admins to ban people. I wouldn't say that it was a rebel attack since there were 2 of us + the pilot who was supposed to fly away but came back because the cops started to shoot at us. I know RPG is fun and I really do like this server but right now I find more action in runescape. If this is the case I recommend the owner to remove the rebel licence or decrease the price because right now it's a scam. I know you're suppose to ask a permission if you're attacking a city but like I said that wasn't an attack. It was me and my friend entering Kavala.

Propably the biggest thing I hate about the cops is that they are always good friends with the admin. If they say something the owner/admin will just obey...

If it was 2 hours after a big rebel attack, unless you were part of the gang involved in the attack, and its organisers had received admin approval, AND it was still going on two hours later (which I doubt), then frankly, I don't think you've got much to complain about, Sebu.

Sounds to me like you took advantage of someone else's attack to follow it up with one of your own, unauthorised attack.

If that's not the case, please elaborate.
Like I stated it wasn't an attack. Would be just stupid if I was attacking Kavala with only one friend. I mean the police HQ is there. And also the pilot landed next to the checkpoint at the Kavala border. If we were attacking it would make no sense. He should have dropped us on the roof of the hospital or some sniper hill.

Sebu: You're the chap who tried to get the good Lord Sandisk to join your "biggest cartel on the server" before stealing his vehicle in Athira. 

On top of offending the server's Lord and saviour you're being rude to admin. I humbly urge you to be polite to admins. They work hard and are the guys who decide whether you should stay or go. Stick your hands up, have humour and be nice and you'll get on a lot better than telling them what they've said is stupid.  

:)

TBJ is one of your Judge and Jury members... Be nice to the guy!

I admit I kinda overreacted when this happened. It was just annoying because I think we got banned for no actual reason. I know much work the owner needs to do to keep up server. I also have an Arma 2 DayZ Epoch server. So I apologize for my behaviour.

Oh and that Lord guy was hilarious tbh :D love that guy. Wish I met him again. But yeah I know the owner decides how he wants to run his server and what kind of rules will be there but I can still give a friendly advice: he shouldn't give bans so easily since usually the bans are permanent. He would have a much bigger community if he wouldn't just ban everyone who do something wrong. He could friendly tell them to stop or at least warn them before he bans them. I know this because I've been reading these other ban appeals and I see that there are several people who have had a same situation.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to be offensive.

Yeah our biggest cartel. I had played 3 minutes on this server when I said that. I thought people actually have a sense of humor...
Funny "sense of humor" you got there. Does it always lead to vehicular theft and eventually bans via RDM? I'd love to hear of your many legendary stories of unfathomably spectacular adventure that you've accumulated with that barrage of incredibly sassy humor.

Kiddo, you must have the sense to know your group of buddies are gonna get shot if you go stumbling into Kavala with a Hummingbird. You've broken a law, and you really should've considered the fact a firefight was gonna happen, and the consequences if you engaged in a firefight without the Admins having prior knowledge of the event.

Also, don't try putting me down to a lack of experience in this area, because I've been under the ol' hammer once before for the same thing. I recognized that you should really consider what the hell you're doing before you do it - it's how we have fun.

Trust me, last time a proper operation went down in Kavala and me and the rest of my current gang were there, it was damn toasty :D

If you're gonna try and support that kind of thing, properly, i'd welcome you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if that was illegal I'd love to be taken to prison rather than get banned. I mean I mean what's the point to have cops when you can just ban everyone who is breaking the law. I didn't know that anyone is gonna get butthurt if me and my one friend defended ourselves. I don't call it any kind of rebel attack if two rebels try to enter the city of Kavala. I mean the guy didn't take us to the center of the town. He dropped us at the checkpoint...

Christ, you're an impatient one, aren't you?

I've gotta say you're not exactly 'elaborating' in any way that's likely to assist your case. In fact, I would go so far as to say that you're making a prize twat of yourself in public.

You've clearly not read the rules of the server, or, worse, you're one of those types that thinks that they don't apply to YOU, simply because you don't like them, or don't agree with them. So you'll interpret them your own way (i.e. carry on doing just what you did that got you banned in the first place) and have the gall to tell the owner (who is not me, btw, it's Wilco. I'm just his bitch) how to run his server!

You have more front than fucking Margate, pal!

You then go on to bitch about the cops, whilst knowing precisely nothing about how they actually operate, or how the reporting of bans by the cops (and by the other civs) is handled on the server.

I see absolutely ZERO reason to revoke the ban, personally. You have not exhibited any indication of having understood what you did wrong. Instead, you just argued the toss about the 'multiple rebels in cities' rule, and said that my second response to you was one of the stupidest things you ever read!

I'm grateful to the Reverend for his interjection, but to be quite frank, you're not listening to him any more than you listen to me. Why on earth would I believe that you will then go on and 'listen to the rules' if we let you back in?

Oh, and just for reference, we have one of the largest Altis Life communities on the planet. Not that we are complacent about that at all - we are extremely grateful and humbled by this popularity - but we feel we have gained it by careful, if swift, use of the ban-hammer in times of crisis, followed up by a process of fair opportunity for perpetrators to state their cases and or show their understanding of the rules, via these forums. Please, don't tell us how to manage our community; it isn't your call, and most of our players (who fill our server to the brim and beyond every single night and much of the day) seem to think that we do things right. We act fast to PROTECT THEM - and quite frankly, fuck the banned; they can answer for their crimes later, after everyone else who understands the rules and behaves, has finished their playing. Nine times out of ten, we get it spot on. Once in a while, we hit the innocent, but we always rectify that situation - and most often, the person concerned will understand WHY they were plonked into the sin-bin - for the protection of everyone else - and take it on the chin.

Some, however, wriggle and whine like childish twats, show no remorse or concept of understanding, and invariably, those are the ones for whom the BAN STAYS.

Oh... look... there.... I've said it.

You have more front than fucking Margate, pal!

Lol love it
- Yep, even Christ took 3 days to Respawn.
[SIZE=10.5pt]Reading these unban requests is almost as much fun as playing the game although I must say that my productivity output at work has taken a hit of late, hmmm there must be a correlation between the 2 some where[/SIZE]  :p

It's TBJ: He sets the comedy bar so others might follow. 

I've started posting in different areas, more or less to keep admins entertained under the mass of whining and refund requests. ;-)

It's TBJ: He sets the comedy bar so others might follow. 

I've started posting in different areas, more or less to keep admins entertained under the mass of whining and refund requests. ;-)
You are doing this server a civic duty sir, may Lord SanDisk bless you with a prize marrow  :eek:   ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back