What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

banned for RDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vertigo

ok i was driving down to this fancy nightclub and parked my car really slow and somehow i killed HDGamer because where i parked my car there was no PLAYERS at ALL they were on the other site of the road and right after i saw it in chat i want over to the cops to talk and then bang

BANNED FOR RDM AND ADVERTISING

(Several unhelpful and distracting posts deleted)

I would heartily recommend that unless you are Vertigo, you refrain from 'soiling' his unban request thread. Entering into private wars may either ruin his chances and/or bring about disciplinary action for your own conduct whilst here.

That is all.

Last edited by a moderator:
So vertigo, Please explain why you think its OK to advertise a server on our team speak ?

This is 100% against the rules 

I find this a little bit of a dick move when it was only the other week I was wishing you the best with your server, I was being advised of your advertising moments before you killed HDGamer.

Please explain yourself

i did not advertise about it and i think it was desync that made me kill HDGamer

if i would advertise my server and steal from this here i would say 

take screenshot of you inventory and you get the same as you have on altis rpg and a month free donation status

but i don't

i told that we have a server so it was up to them what they want not me

that is not advertising

and i have been told that more have servers on the way up 

i told that we have a server so it was up to them what they want not me

that is not advertising
That is advertising, the fact your mentioning another server on AltisLife.co.uk/Teamspeak or our game server is against the rules.

So what if more have servers on the way up... everyone is allowed to give it ago... but telling people about your server in our teamspeak ?

100% Dick move.

take screenshot of you inventory and you get the same as you have on altis rpg and a month free donation status

but i don't
In English please ?

I have only told people that I know well from this server about my server and some of them have also told me they are starting servers too but won't stop playing on this server since your guys server is awesome and I actually love it, sure I bitch sometimes but sometimes thats actually part of my RP.
And I am sorry if you have interpeteted this as advertising I did not mean it as advertisement and I will stop completely with my server talk if you want it and keep it on my own teamspeak server.

(TC) Simpan said:
He basically meant that if he really wanted to advertise the server he wants to set up he would do it in a way that would be a real dick move. 

Like running around telling everyone about it and give every new player 1 month free access to the donator shops but he didn't because he likes your server and didn't want to be banned or steal your players because he likes this community and he likes you and Ed! And so do I and it really saddens me that you two did not just talk it out before dropping a bannhammer and actually maybe just give him an warning so he really understands it.
So you expect me to treat him differently than other members ?, Its an instant ban for breaking the rules RDM is nothing compared to telling people about your new Altis Life server.

To be honest its a dick move that he has advertised considering i wished him the best with this project.

I have only told people that I know well from this server about my server and some of them have also told me they are starting servers too but won't stop playing on this server since your guys server is awesome and I actually love it, sure I bitch sometimes but sometimes thats actually part of my RP.
And I am sorry if you have interpeteted this as advertising I did not mean it as advertisement and I will stop completely with my server talk if you want it and keep it on my own teamspeak server.
Vertigo, I am going to sleep on this decision as right now I am disappointed in you and to be quite frank very pissed off that you would even consider advertising a server here...

Do not give me threats, No one will join a empty server with a free months donator status if you think that you are delirious, Its been nothing but blood sweet and tears to get this community to where it is today, I can show you hundreds of empty Altis Life servers.

I will make my decision tomorrow morning.

(more irrelevant posts removed)

Again, already... Will those of you that are not admins, or not Vertigo, kindly SHUT THE FUCK UP.

This is not a matter for open discussion and every wannabe rules-lawyer to start chipping in with their interpretation of things. It's for Vertigo to explain the accusation that has been made, and for the admins to respond. In some cases, we solicit open input from other affected players, but not on this occasion, because everyone only has opinions to offer, not facts.

We have been given facts from other sources who have told us that they have been approached by Vertigo with a view to joining his new server. Whilst he may not have handed out IP addresses and passwords, or made offers of inventory-matching or donator-status, that is not the point. The point is, he is using the servers operated by AltisLife.Co.Uk to promote, persuade, entice, interest, and attract (i.e. 'advertise') the existence of his server with a view to getting a head start when it comes to populating that server.

What makes it worse, is that (after initially telling myself and Wilco about his intentions to create a server) we made it clear to him that whilst we wished him every success, clearly, we would not tolerate any abuse of our goodwill if he attempted to promote his server on our systems. He agreed at the time that this would be silly - yet we know *for certain* that he has approached players here with that exact intention.

I find this duplicitous and deceitful at best - at worst, it's a complete disregard and contempt for the rules and a virtual 'two-fingers' up at Wilco, myself, and the rest of the community that have worked hard to make this place what it is.

I recommend that this thread be deleted once a decision is reached - I agree that it's unhelpful and counterproductive to have it sitting here acting as a 'de facto' advert in itself. But we pride ourselves on fairness and openness here - within reason - and so Vertigo gets his 'day in unban-appeal court' same as everyone else. He also gets a chance to demonstrate to everybody what kind of person he is - whether he is apologetic or unrepentant. Everyone else also has the opportunity to know the bare facts of why he was originally banned and the rationale behind it. I believe we have established that the VDM which was the trigger for the 'immediate action' was actually desync, but the fact is, we were made aware of the 'advertising' problem only a matter of an hour or so before - so the VDM ban was really just karmic timing. It would probably have happened pretty soon afterwards anyway, had it not been for the on-going event.

The thing is, I would personally be a bit sad to see Vertigo banned forever. He's a longstanding regular and a well-known player that a lot of people enjoy roleplaying with (even if he is, by his own admission, something of a bitcher when it comes to, well, practically anything, lol). I can live with that, but I'm not sure I can sit back and watch someone attempting to 'headturn' members of our community on to his servers, using our own communications systems against us. I would want some cast-iron guarantees that there would be NO DISCUSSION of his server on our TS or in-game, on pain of perma-ban - because let's face it, how would it be perceived if we did the same thing on his TS, or in-game on his server? Or on any rival, for that matter? It just ain't fair - full stop. It is simply 'not done' - here or anywhere else.

Wilco will have the final decision. I'm tempted to give Vertigo benefit of the doubt (after suitable grovelling and apologies, etc). I have sometimes had this kind of 'open-mindedness' used against me in the past, and I am something of a 'nice guy' in that regard, perhaps even when I shouldn't be. But I am also very good at enabling shitbags to 'show their true colours', by giving them enough rope to hang themselves, so it works both ways, sometimes.

It will all boil down (for me) to what kind of guy Vertigo really is: someone we can trust to do the right thing, or someone who's going to abuse his guest-rights here to 'steal' or divide this community. I await the answer with considerable interest and concern.

it was stupid of me to talk and i will not do it anymore

im sorry for it all  :(

Vertigo

I have decided to unban you, However if I hear about any advertising of your server on our team speak / website or server then I will re-ban you and make it very public.

Your server IP you sent via message on teamspeak, that is how i found your server today.

I also want you to avoid bothering the admins so much going forward, I would say your ban Friday night was around a number of factors.

Please do not make me regret this decision and continue to have fun here.

Ban lifted on the server & teamspeak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back