What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Bar gates ?

ScottyUK

Former SGT Paros
You know how police have the option to place down road barriers and so on is it possible if we can have bar gates just to make checkpoints a little more unique ?

And H barriers! But only police can pick then up. That will literally be a checkpoint.

The amount of times I have seen abandoned barriers is not great especially when responding, and I have to turn around and take a different route to the incident as I have no time to await police arrival to remove them, as well as spike strips left on bridges, I have drove over at least 2 with no reason of them being there. I have messaged police in-game to remove barriers etc and received no reply, and they have been there until server restart - I think this needs to be addressed first before any new sort of barriers to be introduced. (Just my opinion and experience) 

EDIT: I'm on server 2 more than server 1 so whether it is different on each server I'm unable to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, no and no! Bar gates are massive, they're heavy and they cause a lot of issues.

The amount of times I have seen abandoned barriers is not great especially when responding, and I have to turn around and take a different route to the incident as I have no time to await police arrival to remove them, as well as spike strips left on bridges, I have drove over at least 2 with no reason of them being there. I have messaged police in-game to remove barriers etc and received no reply, and they have been there until server restart - I think this needs to be addressed first before any new sort of barriers to be introduced. (Just my opinion and experience) 

EDIT: I'm on server 2 more than server 1 so whether it is different on each server I'm unable to say.
Just to give an possible answer to this, if civilians find road barriers, spike strips etc laying around, they will deploy them on the middle of roads and in dangerous turns to surprise people passing by, and there is no reason to blame cops for doing it, I have seen many medics trying to block of roads because they respond to someone who's dead on the side of the road.

Back to what I wanted to say, Medics carry them, some cops carry them, if the manage to crash their vehicles and die, or are getting killed some civilians or rebels will pick these items up.

BUT, if cops are deploying any of these things, and aren't cleaning it up, it will be taken up in the next meeting. (sometimes cops do loose firefights, leading to spike strips or other objects being on the roads)

Just to give an possible answer to this, if civilians find road barriers, spike strips etc laying around, they will deploy them on the middle of roads and in dangerous turns to surprise people passing by, and there is no reason to blame cops for doing it, I have seen many medics trying to block of roads because they respond to someone who's dead on the side of the road.

Back to what I wanted to say, Medics carry them, some cops carry them, if the manage to crash their vehicles and die, or are getting killed some civilians or rebels will pick these items up.

BUT, if cops are deploying any of these things, and aren't cleaning it up, it will be taken up in the next meeting. (sometimes cops do loose firefights, leading to spike strips or other objects being on the roads)
Thank you I do think it is something that needs looking at, as multiple time now it has happened especially coming into cities. I have video evidence if you need it of the main locations of them being left(Kavala garage>bridge area) and medics do not carry barriers of any sort and have not done for a while now it is only police.

Back