What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Barking up the wrong Tree (Wood Changes) / God you've spilt so much Oil America wants to invade it (Oil Changes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ

Brief Summary: At the minute picking wood is so painful, takes roughly 2 hours to pick a truck of wood/Oil, which no one wants to do they would rather sit in a taxi and make money than go pick wood and rp selling it on.

Detailed Suggestion: Currently you chop down a massive tree and get 1 plank of wood, my suggestion would make it similar to fruit picking where you get anywhere between 1-4 planks per tree/Oil Canister, that way it would speed up the process and you wouldn't have to spend 2 hours standing out in a cold forrest with no sense of rp there at all, could also then make more people collect and store the supplies to then sell on tweedle and create more business rp

The Pros: More time rp'ing leess time stood in a field 

The Cons: Dev Work and possibly seen as cutting a jobs time down

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Don't think so,

Last edited by a moderator:
I sort of agree with this, however i'd say make it exactly the same as fruit picking, it's bad enough having to pick oil by myself for 2 hours straight in the morning which would only net me enough oil to make 250 plastic sheets (£65,000 worth by economic standards - which is also very bad) i've had requests to wood as well and people aren't even offering 65k for cut wood, so something needs to change, I won't go anywhere near the cedar field because it's not worth my time or effort, I run a manufacturing business and am desperately trying to provide RP opportunities at every turn, but it's limited heavily by the products we can make, in fact it's that bad money wise for us we end up losing money selling fruit and lose money making smoothies, I enjoy the RP I do get but it's a cash drain that will slowly empty my bank account

• Love
Reactions: DJ
I sort of agree with this, however i'd say make it exactly the same as fruit picking, it's bad enough having to pick oil by myself for 2 hours straight in the morning which would only net me enough oil to make 250 plastic sheets (£65,000 worth by economic standards - which is also very bad) i've had requests to wood as well and people aren't even offering 65k for cut wood, so something needs to change, I won't go anywhere near the cedar field because it's not worth my time or effort, I run a manufacturing business and am desperately trying to provide RP opportunities at every turn, but it's limited heavily by the products we can make, in fact it's that bad money wise for us we end up losing money selling fruit and lose money making smoothies, I enjoy the RP I do get but it's a cash drain that will slowly empty my bank account
didn't realise oil was the same so added it to the suggestion ❤️

I fully agree with this, if I've just cut down a massive tree then it should be the same as fruit picking. even if it was a skill you did the higher you go the more you cut but keep it balanced. as of now, everyone runs to the jobs that make money,  because things like wood and other jobs take far too long with very little reward.

I agree with this suggestion, and as HyperG1 has added, possibly the higher skill level you are the more you can cut down in one tree? +1

Fully agree to this, Cutting wood / gathering oil is such a ball ache. Honestly would benefit the server. Also would be nice to not see mass taxis everywhere. 

it would also bring new companies in for the wood people would be more willing to go up there in truck loads doing wood selling them to groups and so on. it maybe change it so you have to have an axe on you to be able to do the wood cutting 

Someone posted a thread a while ago that i remember about making tools to speed up the job (like the mining pick is used for mining). So a buzz or chainsaw for example would be in your inventory (crafted by players) and you would use that to cut the wood and get 5 logs which you then take to the logging factory to turn into the cut wood.... It might have been me that suggested it I dont recall but it was a good idea. 

No idea what you'd use for the oil.... maybe an oil filter? Again crafted by players and would be usable and (maybe) consumable also perhaps to help the manufacturers keep making these tools and people can buy and use them (like the repair kit economy) and then it creates more throughput in the economy. 

+1 It would also be nice to add skill to cutting wood and refining oil higher your skill slight speed boost in cutting/refining reward people grafting with having graft a little less.

+1 sick of how long things are grafting, feels like people spend more time grafting than rping, so anything that incentives' less grinding big +1

+1 Anytime. Would make it so much more efficient as you mentioned, no one wants to stand on a field for two hours. Massive +1 

Brief Summary: At the minute picking wood is so painful, takes roughly 2 hours to pick a truck of wood/Oil, which no one wants to do they would rather sit in a taxi and make money than go pick wood and rp selling it on.

Detailed Suggestion: Currently you chop down a massive tree and get 1 plank of wood, my suggestion would make it similar to fruit picking where you get anywhere between 1-4 planks per tree/Oil Canister, that way it would speed up the process and you wouldn't have to spend 2 hours standing out in a cold forrest with no sense of rp there at all, could also then make more people collect and store the supplies to then sell on tweedle and create more business rp

The Pros: More time rp'ing leess time stood in a field 

The Cons: Dev Work and possibly seen as cutting a jobs time down

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Don't think so,
I know this suggestion is old-ish but this is something I feel like would help the server so much!

Even if it's adding [E] Collect Oil/ [E] Chop Down Tree instead of using the eye, that'd make it so much easier, I do hope this gets changed!

I also agree the +1 Oil Container / +1 Wood gets a bit boring sometimes I would love like a random amount each time.

1+

Implemented - You can get more than 1 when harvesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back