What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Best Headset as voted for by the community

lionel

Destroyer of Shit Tech Advice
So This post is for people to recommend their headset preference, we get a few people asking so lets see by majority what you think

Feel free to pick multiple headsets & change your vote, 

Please if you have a recommendation please pop the details down below in the following format and I will add it as an option.
[Make]&[Model] - [price] - [shop]

Prices are taken from a quick google shopping (reputable stores only please), if anyone can find discrepancies please point them out.

The headset's are not listed in any order apart from when added. - If you want, please add your thoughts about this headset in your post for more information.

To vote Go Here.
https://goo.gl/forms/Wz103Oz9rpTbEZFy2

To View the responses go Here
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSebn9mh6mxk5GeDT70PTxWcqk4bNqqhQQ1xIAQ0Y0Gs0d3nJg/viewanalytics

Last edited by a moderator:
Corsair Gaming Wireless 2100 - £80 - Amazon.co.uk

Memory foam ear pads, great battery life, super comfortable, good wireless range.

you got a price and source for that ?
Hmm, for some reason i can not get in to amazone or ebay atm... Sorry. But just get in there and see. Sennheiser is a bit pricy, but worth it!  The game zero has been out for a while, so the price is kinda good now :) Sorry Mr.

There you are :) Restarting ruter helped

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_20/251-1582729-5724456?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sennheiser+game+zero&sprefix=sennheiser+game+zero%2Caps%2C171&crid=2BKW5IMDK20SI

We've had a request to delete this thread, if it turns out it's not possible to allow voters to change their votes retrospectively. Sadly, it's not possible for voters to change their votes, but I'd rather not delete all the fine comments that have been put above. So, I'm going to leave it, as a kind of 'snapshot of opinion' as at this moment. It's still kind of useful (though will cease to be, as time goes by, of course).

Sorry, but that's the limitation of IPB, I guess. More info about it here, if you're interested: http://invisionmodding.com/topic/35255-change-vote-in-a-poll/

I used to use a £10 Logitech headset for gaming and too be honest it was pretty good, now I use the G430's and they are a very good choice. They are 7.1 surround sound and at the moment they are on sale at Amazon 

We've had a request to delete this thread, if it turns out it's not possible to allow voters to change their votes retrospectively. Sadly, it's not possible for voters to change their votes, but I'd rather not delete all the fine comments that have been put above. So, I'm going to leave it, as a kind of 'snapshot of opinion' as at this moment. It's still kind of useful (though will cease to be, as time goes by, of course).

Sorry, but that's the limitation of IPB, I guess. More info about it here, if you're interested: http://invisionmodding.com/topic/35255-change-vote-in-a-poll/
Yes was me, Many thanks for looking into the issue, I will see if I can find another way of doing this, whilst keeping the original post.

Yes was me, Many thanks for looking into the issue, I will see if I can find another way of doing this, whilst keeping the original post.
Cool, @lionel- good luck! Unfortunately you'll find it hard to do what you want within IPB, but you could always maybe put in a link to strawpoll.me and put the vote on there?

FWIW, my favourite (and current) headphone choice is the Plantronics Gamecom 380 (see http://www.plantronics.com/uk/product/gamecom-380 ). I've had it two or three years now (which itself is amazing, because all my past headsets have suffered as a result of me tripping over cables and ripping out the jack-plugs - even though I'm good at soldering, there is only so many times I can do that before I get sick of it!) The Gamecom is tough, very comfortable (I have a tendency to wear headphones all the time I am working and playing, so I can be wearing them for easily 15-20 hours a day - and unlike several sets I've had in the past, these don't hurt my ears from the contact-pressure). The frequency response is very good, the design is tough, and the mic is very clear (anyone who's heard me on TS or in-game can vouch for that!) And they were not expensive - I forget exactly how much I paid, but I got a free game with the headset (TrackMania) which I wasn't expecting, so that was nice! They're around £30 now, I think - I dunno whether this is more or less than I paid, it was that long ago!

Heartily recommend these - and I've tried them all before: Sennheisers (my favourite for wireless TV-watching headphones, but not as robust for gaming, imho), Creative, Logitech... all have died (either from broken wires in the arch-over strap or in the cans themselves, just from usage... and there is nothing worse than that 'one-ear crackle', imho - or they have died from me rushing to andwering a doorbell or telephone and tripping over the 3.5mm jack cable and tearing it off). The Plantronics Gamecom 380, in contrast, has remained despite my having given it the odd yank by mistake, and sounds as crystal clear and solid as it did when I first bought it. 

Cool, @lionel- good luck! Unfortunately you'll find it hard to do what you want within IPB, but you could always maybe put in a link to strawpoll.me and put the vote on there?
Yeah IPB handles it weird, but it is a good product imo it would be incredibly OTT to be writing custom SQL queries and commands for just that lol. 
Strawpoll is a very good choice, was going to see if it can be embedded but not used to IPB, was waiting to do this during work hours :D

Post Updated had to use goole as strawpoll didn't allow me to edit the options :/
I agree about Plantronics as well though @TinyBigJacko I used them throughout my house before going to wireless, but had you seen the wireless option from Plantronics though ? £30 is a very good price for a wireless headset, and I'm hoping the quality is good to as it's Plantronics. (I have not yet been able to convince my wife to let me get them for our 5yr old yet as we just dropped a load of cash for his computer. Maybe for his birthday though)

Post Updated had to use goole as strawpoll didn't allow me to edit the options :/
I agree about Plantronics as well though @TinyBigJacko I used them throughout my house before going to wireless, but had you seen the wireless option from Plantronics though ? £30 is a very good price for a wireless headset, and I'm hoping the quality is good to as it's Plantronics. (I have not yet been able to convince my wife to let me get them for our 5yr old yet as we just dropped a load of cash for his computer. Maybe for his birthday though)
I use TrackIR, with the TrackClipPro widget that clips to your headset. The TrackClipPro is wired USB, sadly, so this kinda renders the main benefit of a wireless headset a bit redundant, tbh!

There is also the consideration that having the world's best frequency-response for mic and headphone-speakers, and then subjecting that datastream through a (potentially) clippy band-pass-filtering D to A and A to D conversion in order to get it across the Bluetooth wireless layer, kinda renders spending gazillions on the best quality headset, a bit pointless. That's not to say that there is no place for wireless headsets - there surely is - but I would never expect the same kind of performance from them, as I would from a wired headset, so I would limit my spending price accordingly.

But for me, really, it boils down to TrackIR. If that wasn't 'wired-only', I'd definitely have a wireless headset.

I use TrackIR, with the TrackClipPro widget that clips to your headset. The TrackClipPro is wired USB, sadly, so this kinda renders the main benefit of a wireless headset a bit redundant, tbh!

There is also the consideration that having the world's best frequency-response for mic and headphone-speakers, and then subjecting that datastream through a (potentially) clippy band-pass-filtering D to A and A to D conversion in order to get it across the Bluetooth wireless layer, kinda renders spending gazillions on the best quality headset, a bit pointless. That's not to say that there is no place for wireless headsets - there surely is - but I would never expect the same kind of performance from them, as I would from a wired headset, so I would limit my spending price accordingly.

But for me, really, it boils down to TrackIR. If that wasn't 'wired-only', I'd definitely have a wireless headset.
I couldn't agree more about the quality side of things, I also can't stand it when people spend 100's on a really nice wired headset and plug it into a ONBOARD audio board OMG's  that annoys me so much LOL.

But personally since going to wireless the ability to just walk into the kitchen to grab more beer or go take a piss without having to worry when the next round of siege is starting make life so much more chilled, and just chatting while you get shit done with kids about, I can just get up do something and then sit back down without skipping a beat.

with the G933's you have the nice option of running it via 3.5 cable as well if you feel so inclined (or use it for mobile calls).

in regards to going wireless though, you could easily get something like this link for powering the trackIR you could also build one yourself if you feel proficient (as you said you could solder) you could just go straight off the power from the headset, most use standard usb voltage from battery. but then again what you have right now works so why change ..... 

Even cooler though would be taking something like the G933's and having the TrackIR camera behind you (or attached to ceiling @ 45 degree angle) tracking your headmovement from behind using the built in lights on the headset - then you have a completely unmodded headset with battery life (with lights) of 8 - 10 hours without lighting i think its infinite ??? ;)
LED_EFFECTS_2000.png

I can check it out tonight on my cam if you would like, but a lot of the quality & ability will come down to the ability and filters on the camera your using. i don't use trackIR but have fiddled with it in the past. I think TrackIR would probably do quite well with lines as reference points ?

*EDIT
Just checked the Voltage is 3.7V but enough to drive a few LED's but you may want to change from the ones your using.

Sennheiser 363d Price: 240£ 

Best headset i've ever had. Though the price explains a bit.

@lionel - you've given me some food for thought! Thanks!

I had always assumed that the TrackClipPro was USB for reasons that were more than just power... though I've never investigated this.

I reasoned that there might be some kind of 'device-detection' going on - i.e. the USB subsystem identifying the TrackClipPro and the head-tracking software therefore knowing of its presence, but thinking it over, I'm coming to the conclusion this isn't the case after all.

TrackClipPro does not appear in Device Manager (implying that it's not a 'intelligent device' and is thus merely using USB for power, nothing more).

This is backed up by the fact that the TrackIR software has a manual dropdown setting for 'TrackClipPro' or the normal baseball cap reflector... it's not automatic - so chances are, it's not 'detecting' the TrackClipPro... it just turns off the tracking-camera's inbuilt LED emitters on the basis of your dropdown-choice, because they aren't needed for reflection, if you're using the TrackClipPro, which emits from its own LEDs.

Finally, I wondered whether the TrackClipPro might even multiplex or modulate the LED signal it emitted, and TrackIR might thus be able to 'latch' on to it better (rather like a TV remote-control, which talks all manner of LED-semaphore shit without us realising it)... But evidence tends to suggest not...because even the TrackClipPro gets freaked out by really strong lights bouncing off the wall behind me, sometimes. Proper 'signalling' via the LEDs would make that unlikely (note to self... embed this in a head-tracker one day, and make a fortune! LOL).

So yeah, maybe a simple lithium phone power pack would work to power the TrackClipPro. If so... wow! I might finally be in the market for a wireless headset. Yippee!!

I'm gonna give this a go tonight. Thanks for the incentive! Really glad you reported that borked poll now! Cheers :D

Back