What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Bleeding in the city.

Sanguine

Unlinked
Blood loss

Right now with the new medical the bleeding system is a great addition to the server and an important incentive to keep in good health while playing, however in its current state its no different than needing to keep fluids topped up.  

The system works however lacks some finer details to what blood loss should really be like. In mostly all scenarios in RP from a medic's perspective the amount of people that walk up to me with only two pints of blood in their system and state "i feel fine" is quite immersion breaking. However i personally believe the players are not at fault here. The issue is there isn't enough side affects from blood loss to make it seem realistic and to actually make players think "oh no im in trouble". 

For all those who are not sure about the blood system. All Players start with 60000 (which is 6 Pints of blood)  Players starts to feel unwell after they loose 2 Pints of blood (this will cause blurriness on screen) After this point the system simply repeats itself until you hit 2 Pints where you will go into a downed state which is called Hypovolemic Shock (i can't confirm if that is accurate however i have only witnessed this once in my time playing.)

I believe that the Bleeding system needs more side affects, For example.

Side affects of Hypovolemic Shock below : 

• Breathing faster than normal.
  • Feeling confused or anxious.
  • Sweating a lot.
  • Passing out.
  • Having skin that feels cool.
  • Feeling weak.
  • Having a low temperature and low blood pressure.
  • Having a fast pulse.

Player affects of blood loss :

Nausea should be implemented to blood loss making the screen roll and phase in and out heavier like  how the nausea potion on Minecraft does (however not that extreme) this means that you will become dizzy and struggle to move and drive. your head is spinning and you shouldn't be able to run a marathon or drive like you're in a grand prix.

Forced movement speed reduction should be added to people who are roughly below 3 Pints of blood. At this point you are nearing Hypovolemic Shock and should struggle to move at a healthy pace. This means the player should be forced into an walking animation that makes you look drunk or perhaps slow and actively makes you look like you're not well. 

Prompts should be added to inform the player they are not well, the same way the old medical system stated "you head is hot" or "you feel blood streaming down your head"  prompts like "I feel dizzy", "i've got the shakes" and "im so cold" should be there to show the player how their body is talking to them in RP.

Audible injuries should be added to the player, they should be able to hear their own heartbeat now and again (similar to Arma3 advanced medical system) When a player was close to passing out from blood loss they would hear a rapid heartbeat in their head showing the starting signs of Hypovolemic Shock . There could also be forms of heavy breathing heard or perhaps sounds of discomfort after long exposure. 

Ragdoll / tripping up Should be more visible. Someone who is nauseous or feeling weak should have less control over their body. Falling over kerbs or perhaps trying to spint with only a couple pints of blood in your body is causing your heart to work harder that it already is. This should lead to eventually downing's and passing out for periods of time. 

Conclusion

With a more in detail blood loss system it will help players understand what their bodies are telling them in RP and also help us as healers know what is wrong from a distance. This will also increase the realism of how a player should behave when bleeding from several points in their body.  Other players will help each other more when they see their mate stumbling around or better yet make general day to day life feel a bit more punishing. 

Blood loss should feel more like an education rather than a punisment.

+1 - DayZ type blood effects.  If it is in there it might as well be done properly

Back