What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Bluescreen of death problems

elias 000

what happend whas that i did a windows update that made my pc go inte the bluescreen of death last time this happend we sent it in to repair and they switched some parts out and reset my pc last time this happend was in april 2016 and now i got it again i cant reset my pc i cant go back to older versions i cant do anything in my eyes as im not good with pc's

my specs are

gtx 1060 new 

a 5 year old i5

one samsung ssd card 500gb new 

and one 1500 gb 5 years old aswell 

i havent seen the error message in a while and dont remember it either 

if you got any tips explain what to do properly as im pretty bad with pc's

what happend whas that i did a windows update that made my pc go inte the bluescreen of death last time this happend we sent it in to repair and they switched some parts out and reset my pc last time this happend was in april 2016 and now i got it again i cant reset my pc i cant go back to older versions i cant do anything in my eyes as im not good with pc's

my specs are

gtx 1060 new 

a 5 year old i5

one samsung ssd card 500gb new 

and one 1500 gb 5 years old aswell 

i havent seen the error message in a while and dont remember it either 

if you got any tips explain what to do properly as im pretty bad with pc's
when did it bluescreen last? Do you remember the error code/string at the top?

its bluescreened in april last time and now ive got it since saturday after the windows update back in april when i got it it was a windows update that did it aswell

its bluescreened in april last time and now ive got it since saturday after the windows update back in april when i got it it was a windows update that did it aswell
If you're happy to give me remote control of your computer I can remote on and see if I can find the issue.

Machine is apparently unbootable and boots into the win 8/10 Blue-repair screen. @lionelyou got any input on dodgy updates going about?

I'm waiting on a video from @SGT elias 000to show me the exact issue.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

When you choose reset the pc, there should be an option that jsut preserves your files, and one that wipes the whole pc.

What's the reason you cant use the preserve-files option?

You should try resetting your reinstalling your BIOS mate, I had this problem too. What to do is google the code you get and you will find a lot of help on that

You should try resetting your reinstalling your BIOS mate, I had this problem too. What to do is google the code you get and you will find a lot of help on that
With knowing the exact issue - this suggestion is not relevant nor does it make sense. The computer obviously gets past the bios to get this far.

Not to mention for someone not comfortable with computers 'reinstalling your bios' makes no sense and is not an easily achievable option. Please dont provide poor information like this.

With knowing the exact issue - this suggestion is not relevant nor does it make sense. The computer obviously gets past the bios to get this far.

Not to mention for someone not comfortable with computers 'reinstalling your bios' makes no sense and is not an easily achievable option. Please dont provide poor information like this.
Mate, I litelary just stated what I had the problem with and what I did to fix it... No need to get like that bud? Reinstalling a BIOS is an easily achievable option. Youtube explains the ins and outs of it so don't get dickish about it.

Resetting your PC doesn't always fix the blue screen problem.

Mate, I litelary just stated what I had the problem with and what I did to fix it... No need to get like that bud? Reinstalling a BIOS is an easily achievable option. Youtube explains the ins and outs of it so don't get dickish about it.
If you feel someone disagreeing with you is dickish, you have a hard road in life ahead of you.

You have no way of knowing if 'your problem' is directly related to his, so it's terrible advice. Not to mention 'reinstalling your bios' has little to no meaning here. His computer is obviously getting past the bios since it's botting into the windows boot repair/advanced option screen.

As I said, there's been no root cause established for the issue, so jumping straight to the bios is moronic. There's every reason 'to get dickish' about it because you're providing shit advice that has no value and a legitimate risk of bricking the guys machine. The guy has already stated he knows very little about computers and this issue is not one that's resolved by a bios flash.

This is your LAST resort ALWAYS. You Re-install the PC before taking this step !!! 

on that note though, it is worth checking BIOS has not defaulted to IDE / RAID / AHCI for the main drive, this is one that can fuck a installation over. 

Had this last week with my cousins build that was over for repairs (short circuit on mobo) but whilst sat in the corner for 5 days till the weekend the BIOS battery had died.

So booted up and got the ^^above screens. so set it back to the proper RAID/AHCI setting and it still wouldn't boot (startup repair had buggered it) so you need to boot to the correct mode that you used when you installed the machine (if ssd it should be AHCI but is not always set to this) and then run through the startup repair a couple more times (i don't know why it didn't work first time ....)

This is only 1 scenario that "could" be BIOS related, but perfectly valid.

I would also recommend using startup repair from bootable media, not from the drive itself,
 https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
THIS WILL WIPRE YOUR USB THUMB DRIVE

Where in the country are you ? I'm located near Gatwick if that is any help to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back