What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Bodycams

Bobinz

How often do people say "i have this on bodycam"?

How realistic is that almost every civilian or gang member carries a body cam which is always on with him?
As far I was told, courts actually do not see civilians 'bodycams' as a credible source of information, so why should even police members ask if the civilian have "bodycams" of a robbery/incident?

Is this even "allowed"? For report, which are ooc, is the "bodycam" actually game recordings.

Probably this was already asked here on the forum a couple of times and I had a 6 months break but after being a little more then 2 days back in rpuk this seems to go around more often then before.

What are your thoughts on this?

For in character, civilians shouldn’t really be saying bodycams I wouldn’t think. It isn’t difficult to think of some more creative such as saying CCTV nearby, Google glasses type stuff or even holding a phone in your hand (/e phone) & vehicle dashcams 

I would agree with vehicle dashcams or recording while you have your phone out. But if you are showing a recording of you running and you got ran over and you wanna use this as a evidence to press charges ( as an example) this for me makes no sense.

This happens way to much. Many times when explaining a situation to police all they respond with is "you got bodycam of that?" Or when i do something criminal infront of someone and they yell "i got that on bodycam!"

Its unrealistic, only times i see it as acceptable is as you stated. Car dashcam, or if you are filming with your phone/camera and stating you are recording

It's been a thing since the Arma days "I GOT THAT ON MY GO PRO BUDDY, SEE YOU ON THE FORUMS"

Piss poor RP, but it is what it is, happy daily. Just try to play along with it in RP "I don't see a bodycam on you".  Turn it into an RP scenario if they're gonna play at that game.

If it is in fact to do with a report / rulebreak. Then they have no need to say anything about a bodycam, as reports are OOC issues. And we will never deny a report because the recording wasn't gained via an RP scenario (Sorry, this report has enough evidence, however I can see you aren't wearing a go pro on your head, denied.)

Last edited:
Yeah, what I mean was I kinda felt "stupid" when a police member asked me if I had a bodycam on during the robbery I was telling him about. I started questioning myself with.. " should I have a bodycame as a civilian"? 

So, the scenario was, I got robbed, they had me at gun point, took all my money, food, phone and radio, fair game.. so since they didnt cut the wires from my bodycam I could go straight to the police and show them that.
I have medal running all the time so, with a click of a button of course I can have "a bodycam" but RP-wise it makes no sense in my opinion.

And when I meantioned reports, I meant exactly that, they are ooc so not even for reports they shouldn't be called bodycam 😎

The officer has just used rather silly word choice there. Ideally, they should have mentioned a dashcam outside capturing it, did you record it on your phone? Is there CCTV?

Like ghstie’s said, it’s pretty poor when you have civilians running about claiming to all be in possession of Police-issued bodycams, there’s more realistic and interesting options out there.

Nothing game breaking tbh, it’s just generally just a bit dumb when civs claim to have bodycam.

This happens way to much. Many times when explaining a situation to police all they respond with is "you got bodycam of that?" Or when i do something criminal infront of someone and they yell "i got that on bodycam!"

Its unrealistic, only times i see it as acceptable is as you stated. Car dashcam, or if you are filming with your phone/camera and stating you are recording
I would okey on area if there is cctv. But should not have a sound 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

32 minutes ago, VeikkQ said:

I would okey on area if there is cctv. But should not have a sound 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Yes, this is acceptable to use in RP (in my opinion) Makes it realistic enough and wont me too overpowered! 

Back