What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Bored

SamSmock

Anyone else losing the novelty of playing on this server? Feel like there is nothing to do anymore besides join a gang or a whitelisted role.

Anyone know of a fun thing to do instead of this?

There is more to gang life or white listed roles but it all depends on your characters background

A lot of people have made businesses for them self. You got vehicle work shops such as auto exotic and tyre nuts who provide great RP 

You got people who have a mining business or other gathered resources you can get involved with the drug life selling drugs to locals and making connections for your self 

You have people on tweedle advertising house locations and becoming a real estate agent or private security or even running a business by making a shop advert for you.

Save up and buy a business maybe such as a 24/7, Fuel station

You can even rent the balcony at the gallery and host your self a event if you wanted 

There is a lot you can do in the city than you think you just got to be creative about it and if you feel like there is something missing in the city you can always make a suggestion 

It would be nice if there was more legally run businesses that offered player to player interactions.

like all shops, clothing stores, petrol stations, bars, restaurants, general stores, Tattoo shoos and banks are simply ‘menu’ interactions and used as passive income.

I can only think of Vanilla Unicorn and The Motor Industry that regularly offer ‘RP’ to customers. 

Now am sure a lot of the above provides RP to the owners but there are rumours some of these business owners earn millions and millions a week in passive income, if true, it would be nice to see them employing ppl to work in these premises and pay wages, create and encourage RP. 

It would be nice if there was more legally run businesses that offered player to player interactions.

like all shops, clothing stores, petrol stations, bars, restaurants, general stores, Tattoo shoos and banks are simply ‘menu’ interactions and used as passive income.

I can only think of Vanilla Unicorn and The Motor Industry that regularly offer ‘RP’ to customers. 

Now am sure a lot of the above provides RP to the owners but there are rumours some of these business owners earn millions and millions a week in passive income, if true, it would be nice to see them employing ppl to work in these premises and pay wages, create and encourage RP. 
i hole hardheartedly agree for an RP server an menu for a shop defeats the point of Roleplay should be called UIplay shop owners should need to manage staff and and stock and rp to get there money not buy property and just check stock is there once in a while. all other jobs, whitelisted factions and gangs have to rp to make their money why is it different for an fuel station owner how just comes and goes as they please. work for the money not i check once in a while see if there is enough stock in it. DEVS please consider this encourage RP not block it behind a Menu screen. 

i hole hardheartedly agree for an RP server an menu for a shop defeats the point of Roleplay should be called UIplay shop owners should need to manage staff and and stock and rp to get there money not buy property and just check stock is there once in a while. all other jobs, whitelisted factions and gangs have to rp to make their money why is it different for an fuel station owner how just comes and goes as they please. work for the money not i check once in a while see if there is enough stock in it. DEVS please consider this encourage RP not block it behind a Menu screen. 
Well this was discussed multiple times i will just give an example to clarify why this doesn't work.

Harris Marked its supposed to be basically what you proposed just now and look at how used it is ? Simply put, it's not used.

--> First:You force people into this and whats gonna most likely happen is you are not gonna see anyone at shops selling stuff because people have lives and can't put that much time into standing in the shopfront roleplaying 24/7

--> Second: Shops at the moment can only employee 3 people besides the owner and i do believe that shops do pay their employees and whoever brings them other deals like plastic sheets etc... but obviously from an outsider point of view you don't know that.

-->Third: Now this is a tricky one but i believe everyone that buys a shop at this point in time with the current prices they are going for you won't even get a return on your money on the entire time you own the shop, you only get that money back once you sell the shop into the next person so yes people are standing on millions but thats only after they sell the shop and they invest in something else.

--> Forth: How the hell do you roleplay a fuel station besides doing events from time to time i guess ??? (which will probably go with someone blowing it up)

--> Fifth: Paying people to do deliveries for you of any kinda of raw material, or paying people to do smoothies or anything else shop related isn't that RP ???

I understand you want people to be behind a shop counter and speak to you but its just not something that can really be done i honestly cant see anyone putting the time into AFKing behind a shop counter and hoping for 1 client every 1 hour.

All this that you just said its already in the server people just aren't willing to put the effort into doing it because its not worth it simple as, considering all the population in the server and the amount of shops that exist there is ALWAYS gonna be shops that are just gonna be afk and not use that shop and it will just end up being useless bussiness spaces around the map because no one can be arsed to stay there the entire day and after that you won't get repair kits or anything for your daily needs because there isn't any people providing those needs.

Please don't take any of this response as dismissive or arguing, simply just trying to offer a response in good nature.

1. No one gets forced to purchase a business, it's a choice someone makes. If someone is going to invest millions into purchasing a business with no chance of a return, i wonder what they get out of it, if not RP. If investing their 'free' time into attempting to make this new business enjoyable RP for themselves and others is not what they want to do, again, why purchase it. Am sure there are other reasons ppl may do it, a legal front, because it's location has significance ect. No one expects a shop to be 'manned' 24/7.

2. I have played other servers and rp games where a 'innocuous' business has been an amazing rp hub and rp generators because the owners have created it. Owning a business can be awesome and yes it is hard work and a commitment. I don't think anyone who does not have the energy, time or support from others to run a business shouldn't take that opportunity away from others, it takes away RP from the whole community as a result. The server and RP will only benefit with active player run business's. It's an investment, responsibility and a privilege to own, run and employ ppl who are also investing their time and energy into a shared goal of making a success of a business.

3. For this I can only imagine the reason to purchase a business could be for the potential RP you would get in return.

4. Imagination. A fuel station owner has the ability to employ multiple ppl and create a RP group to work the store, work the courtyard, fuel deliveries, Legal beefs with other fuel Stations regarding price, performance or whatever reason, I have seen it happen before. It's all down to the ppl owning it and hopefully finding the right ppl to join it. Employees should receive passive income whilst clocked in to work, they also should be able to take control of the store so sales have to go through them, maybe the same for the pumps. They also could be 'taxed' by the local gang for protection or forced to 'store' weapons or drugs as payment for operating on their turf.

5. Yes am sure there is RP that happens already that we don't see just asking is there a lot more we are missing out on ?

Hopefully am very close to actually putting my money where my mouth is and owning a business and having to actually attempt to do all of the above.

Firstly it will be my energy and dedication that will hopefully attract others to want to be involved and then it's a bit down to luck that these ppl have the energy, attitude and time to bring RP to the business and other community members.

Hopefully the community rewards and business that is attempting to bring Rp and offer the 'interactions' that a RP server is meant to by taking their custom to them.

The main obstacle is always money because some ppl will just say 'I can make £80k riding a taxi in 45 mins' and there is no way most business's can pay 3-4 employees £100k an hour to sit at a shop. It's finding ppl who realize the real pay is the Rp, belonging to a group and having a shared goal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't take any of this response as dismissive or arguing, simply just trying to offer a response in good nature.

1. No one gets forced to purchase a business, it's a choice someone makes. If someone is going to invest millions into purchasing a business with no chance of a return, i wonder what they get out of it, if not RP. If investing their 'free' time into attempting to make this new business enjoyable RP for themselves and others is not what they want to do, again, why purchase it. Am sure there are other reasons ppl may do it, a legal front, because it's location has significance ect. No one expects a shop to be 'manned' 24/7.

2. I have played other servers and rp games where a 'innocuous' business has been an amazing rp hub and rp generators because the owners have created it. Owning a business can be awesome and yes it is hard work and a commitment. I don't think anyone who does not have the energy, time or support from others to run a business shouldn't take that opportunity away from others, it takes away RP from the whole community as a result. The server and RP will only benefit with active player run business's. It's an investment, responsibility and a privilege to own, run and employ ppl who are also investing their time and energy into a shared goal of making a success of a business.

3. For this I can only imagine the reason to purchase a business could be for the potential RP you would get in return.

4. Imagination. A fuel station owner has the ability to employ multiple ppl and create a RP group to work the store, work the courtyard, fuel deliveries, Legal beefs with other fuel Stations regarding price, performance or whatever reason, I have seen it happen before. It's all down to the ppl owning it and hopefully finding the right ppl to join it. Employees should receive passive income whilst clocked in to work, they also should be able to take control of the store so sales have to go through them, maybe the same for the pumps. They also could be 'taxed' by the local gang for protection or forced to 'store' weapons or drugs as payment for operating on their turf.

5. Yes am sure there is RP that happens already that we don't see just asking is there a lot more we are missing out on ?

Hopefully am very close to actually putting my money where my mouth is and owning a business and having to actually attempt to do all of the above.

Firstly it will be my energy and dedication that will hopefully attract others to want to be involved and then it's a bit down to luck that these ppl have the energy, attitude and time to bring RP to the business and other community members.

Hopefully the community rewards and business that is attempting to bring Rp and offer the 'interactions' that a RP server is meant to by taking their custom to them.

The main obstacle is always money because some ppl will just say 'I can make £80k riding a taxi in 45 mins' and there is no way most business's can pay 3-4 employees £100k an hour to sit at a shop. It's finding ppl who realize the real pay is the Rp, belonging to a group and having a shared goal.
I mean the Harris market was added with the purpose of satisfying the people who don't have the funds to buy shops yet nobody seems to use it much anyway. If you ask me people that roleplay using the Harris market for a while and at a later date a COC application for a bussiness appears those people could have an advantage into getting themselves a bussiness yet this doesn't happen because maybe nobody has thought that far. 

TLDR: Roleplaying the Harris market would probably show the COC that you are interested in a business and have been roleplaying a little shop for a while and looking for an upgrade its an adavantage it gives you on your application for a business. This makes it so you have 2 options of owning a business:

1--> Roleplaying until a COC application comes.

2--> Invest a shit ton of money into a business

I don’t even know what the Harris market is , not even heard it mentioned in game.

something I will definitely look into once I find this info out IC

I don’t even know what the Harris market is , not even heard it mentioned in game.

something I will definitely look into once I find this info out IC
Its marked on the GPS so its not really rocket science to find it in character but fair enough if you didnt know about it

harris market, that place would need a creative person to run and use and be very lucky to get his business popular and get people to it, since implementation i am yet to see it being used for good RP. i say that because the current shops and other places are making it useless without someone really creative selling really needed and different things, and before you think i mean illegal stuff, thats a good idea but it will be chased down by police and those people wont be arsed to deal with that. could be anything

problem with making restaurants and some type of stores (not normal shops) employee based is that inactivity will be terrible, thats fine, it's not a mechanic shop, it's a shop that can revert to UI RP if no employee is 'on duty'

That’s how I have seen it implemented elsewhere. The employee can take control of the shop whilst clocked in but if no one around the UI is open to customers 

It definitely requires the right ppl looking for that type of rp to commit to rp’ing as shop employees but adds a lot of immersion/realism once those small interactions are commonplace. 

It also falls on the community to reward those ppl by trying to take their custom to them but usually once ppl are aware these places become little social bubbles

Back