What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Bounty Hunter License - You Decide

Bounty Hunter License Price

• Keep it at £500k

Votes: 157 39.3%
  • Increase it to 1 Million

Votes: 58 14.5%
  • Increase it to 1.5 Million

Votes: 29 7.3%
  • Increase it to 2 Million

Votes: 156 39.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilco

The King
Lifetime Donator
We have some changes up and coming to bounty hunters and the rules surrounding them after reading community feedback over the past few months since they were introduced.

Today we are having a poll surrounding the bounty hunter licence price.

Currently the licence stands at 500k and if your new to the server this could be achieved in a night or two meaning fresh players are then in a position of authority where they can restrain people and they might not understand our server and the role-play around it.

Please vote in the poll to what you think the licence price should be.

If we're gonna increase the price of the license, it'd be nice if we allowed gang members to join in. Role just isn't fleshed out enough imo

The bounty hunters CAN be amazing... Was working with one as a cop to locate a couple of mass murderers/armed robbers/car theifs/cop killer/...  at one stage, using his tipoffs and the police ANPR we were quickly able to apprehend the suspect. Nice roleplay opportunities for both sides, but ATM I feel it is used by people who sit at kavala garage waiting for someone to walk up to them and restrain him. Both sides had a lot of fun, role played through out... unfortunately the server restarted and I've never seen this gentlemen since to give him his £1million part of the bounty....(If I get a PM from him I can arrange a courier to deliver the funds directly to him)

Last night there were 2 cops on and I saw around 10 bounty hunters and chasing people around with there guns out. They shot at us for no reason. I think it should be bounty hunters should be white listed. 

1 million and ban the bad people or revoke their license. 

I'll explain why I voted for 1 mil. Basically I used to be a BH and I didn't metagame. Without this it is very hard to find people with good bountys and also you get shot/murdered a lot, by RPers and non RPers.

If they abuse the system, Don't RP or otherwise, warn them, revoke their license then if they aren't getting it, ban them. 

I think maybe sending them to prison should remove that license... there are a lot insta taze, insta restrain, insta jail..

what is the point? The people complaining have never been bounty hunters. You genuinely can't win without metagaming, and it's got to the point whereby you have to roleplay intensely with them for half an hour, just so they get bored and give themself up, for a bounty of 100k, which you only get half of.  Raising the money limit won't do anythinng except when people buy the license they will complain they want their money back, which is even higher now than it was before. just make the license 30m and let them do whatever the hell they want, otherwise what is the point of being a bountyhunter , when you are just constantly being treated like the kid that smells by the whole police force and the baddies united.

edit- the only way it will ever be fair is if nameplates are 100% removed from the game for civs, bounty hunters and police alike.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think although there are some bad apples, some bounty hunters are good and its good for the server. I would suggest bounty hunters have clearer rules of stopping powers and by use of RP not instant restraint. Keep the licence same price but can loose it if they are found not to follow rules. Could" wanted" posters be possible?

• BH should be whitelist
    The only way to control, train and moderate BH is to whitelist them
  • Ranks/Progression can be added for more fun
  • Prevent meta-gaming and people camping towns/green zones
  • Remove those who don't RP or meta game
[*]They can meta-game people with bounties over 500k
  • People who terrorise Altis will be imfamous and well known
  • Make consequences for people who go around stealing, robbing, killing 24/7
  • RP must still be followed - You have seen them on the news/TV/Newspaper and should not tase on sight. Talk to them and RP it out. 
You can have really good RP as BH. And I think the best part of being one, is tracking someone down over altis. That should be built upon. Clothing was being looked into as part of the tip. 

Changing the price might make people want to re-coup the cost faster and not play as well. If the above happens, the price isn't too important. 

I played as a bounty hunter and it is better when rped (sadly most of the times people just avoid rp because your a bounty hunter)

But I say keep it at 500k, you say people can earn it so easily but they could easily use the money to get rebel gear and do rubbishy role played robberies which is equally as bad in my opinion.

What there needs to be is a way to recognise people from faces (can't if they are wearing anything that covers face) as bounty hunters would have a picture available of people with bounties, on top of the tips you can get, which should also have tips like clothing, driving etc possibly.

I think the biggest issue with the bh is the lack of documentation saying what to do nd what not to do so you end up with this problem and people complaining.

Whitelisting seems pointless as you may as well make more cops.

Also I stopped being a bounty hunter as catching a high bounty of just 500k after sharing between my team of 5 went from 100k each to just 50k if your going to increase the cost of licenses you should improve the system for bounty hunting a lot more and make it so you get the full amount of the bounty again

Last edited by a moderator:
Played bounty hunter for a bit myself, and I honestly think as suggested before you should be allowed to meta-game people with  a 1m+ bounty. This doesn't mean that you're allowed to insta-taze them, but you can use the weak excuse of like seeing him on the news or something..

I vote for 1mil/1.5mil. 
I see a lot of hobo's running around with the BH stuff, seems to easy to acquire.

Yh nobody likes bounty hunters :)   they get in the way too many times

I want to vote for removal of the BH feature, but since that option is not here i vote for 2 mil.

Not gonna lie, played as a bounty hunter a few hours ago. Really not an enjoyable experience. People ignore you, break RP, think you're a cop... shit sucks yo. SO hard to play a profit without metagaming

I have had several issues with bounty hunters in the past. Even when RPing with a cop and medics in the past I have had a bounty hunter come up to me, meta game, restrain me and then try and take me away. The officer had to stop the bounty hunter and made him move on in RP but the bounty hunter remained persistent that he was in the right knowing my name. Because of this I think the price should be raised to 2m as at least then by the time people have gained that sort of money they have an idea about what is acceptable within the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back