What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Bounty Hunter RP

Brick

Developer
Dev Team
So another question/s about bounty hunter. Over the past couple of days I've been playing as a "corrupt" bounty hunter. Going against the law and deceiving the police. However I've been thinking about ways to improve that, and wonder If they are aloud.

1) Must I always find people "legally"? Within RP would I be able to rob people (alone or with friends), and send them to jail if I find out their name and they are wanted? Also, if I can do that, when must I be wearing my uniform? during the robbery? Or only when I arrest him?

2) What means of information can I use to identify people? I can not use their names but how about the tip offs? Can I say the person who tipped me off told me what the guy looked like (since otherwise how would the guy be able to tip me, if he didn't know his appearance)?

3) What means of things can I do while I have someone restrained? Take their guns? Their keys? Use a card in their wallet to ID them (if I believe they are lying to me about their name)? I assume it's the same as if they've been zip-tied. I've had people who I tell them I'm taking their keys and OORP tell them to give them to me, but they refuse. Are they breaking RP? Same with if I tell them I'm taking their gun/s from them. If I OORP tell them to put their guns on the floor and then put their hands back up, must they follow that? Or can they run? People have done this stuff to me many times and I'm never sure what to do. 

Last edited by a moderator:
(8.1.1) Bounty hunters must wear the bounty hunter uniform at all times while on duty. Making an arrest without the bounty hunter uniform is against server rules (Punishment is a ban)

Using a card to ID them is powergaming as they basically can't argue with "This says your name is X" - The police rule is that you can know an ID is fake but not what their real name is.

If you ask someone to give you keys during a robbery and they don't comply after a final warning that is grounds to kill them as they are refusing to comply. You can't just say "I'm taking your keys" as that would also be powergaming.

If they run when you unrestrain them you can just shoot again assuming you told them not to run. Thats what the police do.

I wouldn't recommend trusting a tip-off from a Civ as they could have metagamed that name and you can't know that. Getting a friend to get their name out of them means you can trust them a little more.

Any other questions, let me know ;)

(8.1.1) Bounty hunters must wear the bounty hunter uniform at all times while on duty. Making an arrest without the bounty hunter uniform is against server rules (Punishment is a ban)

Using a card to ID them is powergaming as they basically can't argue with "This says your name is X" - The police rule is that you can know an ID is fake but not what their real name is.

If you ask someone to give you keys during a robbery and they don't comply after a final warning that is grounds to kill them as they are refusing to comply. You can't just say "I'm taking your keys" as that would also be powergaming.

If they run when you unrestrain them you can just shoot again assuming you told them not to run. Thats what the police do.

I wouldn't recommend trusting a tip-off from a Civ as they could have metagamed that name and you can't know that. Getting a friend to get their name out of them means you can trust them a little more.

Any other questions, let me know ;)
The 8.1.1 rule still isn't very clear tbh. What counts as "on duty"?

About tip-off, I mean the built in system where you pay 2.5k and are told nearest town they were in. Obviously the "civilian" that tipped you must know what they look like, but can you use that as a reason to question someone? Obviously not just instantly taze/restrain them, but use it as a reason for how you know who they are? It's really hard to know what is and what isn't metagaming with a system like that.

"Making an arrest without the bounty hunter uniform is against server rules (Punishment is a ban)"

I assume that bit is rather more obvious. While actively hunting a bounty you should be in bounty hunter uniform. That is what is implied by "on duty"

I understand what you mean about tip-offs now. To be honest you only use information you personally have gained in character. If arbitrary NPC X you told you where a wanted person was last seen, they didn't tell you what the person looks like, therefore you don't know it. Don't try and claim you "know what they look like" as that is just proving that you had to metagame their name in order to initiate RP which isn't fantastic. It would just make more sense to question anyone in the area especially if it is a remote location. In remote places you can probably be sure that if you see someone at all, it was who you were looking for. That is perfectly allowed as long as you use in-game knowledge to do it.

Back