What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

BREAKING ROLEPLAY WHEN DOWNED - need rule.

DairyleaPP

@TheRealOutlaw Can approve that we both have been recently seeing people getting shot and downed and they are sat there saying "why you shoot me bro I done nothing wrong" ...

We both think this is failing role-play at its best and I think it should be implemented in the rules that when downed you have to act downed and injured otherwise don't speak attal.

When your running around and someone says "how do I put my hands up is it shift J" this is fail role-play because the person is speaking out of his/her character in game this is no different to being shot in the face and lay there saying "I could of shot you but I never" or "omgggg I was literally about to shoot you and all your friends".

Can we look into this please?

It comes under the same rules as a non downed player running around breaking roleplay.

We have enough rules already, its common sense that the rules extend to downed people.

Your examples are that of players that fail to accept that they cannot always win.. And when they lose it MUST be foul play or borderline, not their own fault..

I agree with Edgar, common sense! Roleplaying a downed person is actually really fun if people are nearby!

Roleplaying a downed person is actually really fun if people are nearby!
totally agree! 

BUT

a lot of ppl don't have  common sense do to the fact that they aether are not thinking straight and or .... are growing up ... ran across quite a few players who need every rule and guideline spelled out or it's out with the catchphrase "it's not in the rules"

AT the end of the day though we are all planing a role and that should start when we log on and ends when we are logged of. being down on the ground bleeding out should be part of that ...

When a player gets killed they will naturally be frustrated. Before the downed system was added they did not have a chance to speak or complain, so this pours out in direct chat. 

It is fail RP and they should try their best to save those arguments for a liaison room if they have an issue. It really distracts from the situation where they try to engage you in a debate and want you to justify everything you've done. 

Of course a downed player cannot break roleplay same rules apply however when some people get shot they seem to talk the exact same as normal like asif nothing happened.

Now depending on how far your willing to take "breaking RP" I would certainly say acting fine after you've just been sprayed down would be fail RP.

I just want to make people more aware when downed your not dead act injured or be quiet. Get salty or resolve problems in TS after.

Last edited by a moderator:
As Edgar said, breaking RP when downed is basic knowledge. But yes, it seems like people can't take that they die and they have to yell out a lot of shit.

It would be nice if the downed people would do some more RP like making a voice like they are hurt etc. The thing i don't like is the thing where the police can hot-mice that they are down, if i got shot in real life the first thing i would do was properly not to call in to my mates with a normal voice that i got shot and the robbers are running around in the building while the robbers can hear it, at the same time it isn't really value of life because if they do that stuff the are most likely just going to get a bullet through their skull.

I don't see how it's fail RP if he has done nothing wrong. The downed fase is amazing for additional RP. I love the crying, moaning, screaming and coughing. If I would be shot IRL out of the blue I'd probably ask why I got shot too. But yeah downed fase is same as fully mobile fase. No extra rules required.

Back