What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Bring back the new (old) voice range

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1L

When the new VOIP system was introduced the voice range was decreased wich was a massive improvement in my opinon, especially when in highly populated areas. You could have multiple conversations going in the same area and it was easier to tell who you where talking to because their voice was much more prominent then everyone else since they where closer to you.  As far as i can tell, currently there is no difference in volume if your right next to the person or 10m away on normal voice setting. Perhaps there is a compromise where the fall off range can be adjusted or keeping the same range but making the closes voice be louder than those further away. 

Pros:
- Happy ears
- Less of a migrane when multiple conversations are going on in the same area.

Cons:

- Ouch my ears!
- Less eavesdropping?

i dont know why it was decided that the old range should be brough back, hopefully this post can shine some light on that!

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I love having a good listen to some of the weird conversations that go on, I agree! My poor ears :C

• Love
Reactions: L1L
Agreed, it's annoying trying to process someone when you can hear the entire station.

Yes please, shorter ranges and the father they go the lower their volume is, pleeeaaase

this may be a good alternative to the other voice suggestion that requires a lot of dev work, for now at least because its there already

Big +1  this is a nightmare at events and gatherings and can ruin rp   

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back