What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Business App - Show if a business is open or closed (Business Directory kind of thing)

JackJohnson

Investor
Investor
Brief Summary:

An app on the phone that players can check which shows whether an employee of a business is online/clocked in or not. 

Detailed Suggestion:

Suggestion - An app for legal businesses to show that they are open & have staff online

Pages:
1. Home page / main display
2. Admin page (for business owners and employees)
3. Log in page

Details:

1. Home page / Main display

This page would would have a list of businesses (legal and city registered such as dealerships and mechanic shops etc...). On this page the business name would be displayed as well as either a green or red circle (if someone is 'clocked on') and an option to open a drop down list within that business. On the drop down list it would have the person (or several peoples) name and phone number of whoever is online/clocked in. Such as:

--------------------------------------------
Mosleys                   🟢  🡣

-John Smith (111-1111)  📞

-Trevor Smith (333-3333) 📞
AutoCare                  🔴
Auto Exotic              🟢  🡣

-Jack Smith (222-2222)    📞

2. Admin page
This page would only be available to people who have been given log in by the Government (CoC?) and are classed as a registered legal business. On this page it would allow the owner of the business to add employees details and also allow employees to clock in and clock out to show if someone is available. It could also allow the owner to check the last time an employee was clocked in. 

3. Log in page
Simple log in page, much the same as tweedle. Just an account name and password that has been issued by the CoC. 

The Pros:

-Allows players to know if a business is open or not & provides easy to access contact info. In the real world, this could be obtained from the likes of Google.

-Allows business owners better visibility of whether employees are working or not. 

-Allows for stronger roleplay between players as they could set up appointments, agree on meeting places etc...

-Allows the CoC to better monitor if businesses are actually active or not. 

-Saves players wasting their time going around to find businesses empty.

-Should negate some of the need for businesses to be constantly posting on Tweedle that they are opened etc... therefore allowing other things to be seen on tweedle by more people. 

-Massively increase the availability, amount of callouts and RP for mobile mechanics such as AE and TireNutz as people will be able to call from the app. 

-I have seen a lot of people moaning recently that they can't get vehicles etc... with the update (Great update tbh), this should help with that. 

The Cons:

-I can't really think of any, other than adding more work to the devs workload

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Allows for a smoother experience for all players. If it changes balance, it would be a positive change, however I don't think it does.

Massive +1. Especially with the new system implemented it would be another good addition to the phone and the city 

+1 Especially with a lot more now needing to be done face to face such as the dealerships it is really helpful to know when places are open. Perhaps have the business number listed rather then employ numbers.

+1 Especially with a lot more now needing to be done face to face such as the dealerships it is really helpful to know when places are open. Perhaps have the business number listed rather then employ numbers.
I know what you mean, however I suggested the employee number as it means you’ll be able to contact the person themselves. Take Mosleys for example, there is 6 people that work there (including Gooba) so if only his number or the landline was listed it may not always be answered therefore rendering the whole idea a bit useless. Employee number means that you can get direct contact with whoever is online 🙂 

Huge +1 from me, as someone who is in the city during 'unsociable' hours this would be really helpful! Great idea!

Yes! This is needed now with the new functions!

I mean this system "effectively" exists already for the law directory. Would it be a huge amount of work to collate "employees" of the shops as one entity in the database - forgive me if my lingo is out of context, its been a while since I worked with Dbs. If it showed them all online - by consent of course - they could have their numbers shown similar to basically a "Yellow Pages" IRL. Im not sure how many people remember what that is but it used to be valuable before the internet came along. 

Either way, its a great idea.  

I've been reddit reposted for more Karma! 😅

+1 Brought it up for suggestion a little while ago 

Still tricky to know in the city what's what so would for sure save plenty of time!

Last edited by a moderator:
well thought out suggestions, adds stuff to the phone and makes for more RP potential by letting people reach business owners

Best idea I've read all day

Back