What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Business cards and flyers

One Yeti

Business cards and flyers

At the moment the only way to share details like your name and mobile number to other players is by asking them to exchange numbers into their phone.

No problem, but it could be stream lined, especially for player driven business!

IMAGINE THIS:

Business cards:

Each player can have a "business card" with their name, mobile number, and maybe the service they provide. This would take up an inventory slot in a pocket, and when "used" instantly adds to the mobile phone. (as long as the player has a phone on their person.)

This could also add to the RP factor of people such as Solicitors, Taxi Drivers, and other player serving roles when they can say "Here, take my card!".

Flyers:

Similar principle but with artwork. These flyers could also include locations and times for events. dress codes and information for things like club openings, or new car imports. I imagine it would also take up an inventory slot, and once used the details are added to a phone on the players person, and an "alarm" notification set as a reminder on the phone, this warns the players of up coming events the same as a phone would IRL.

This could create two more job roles:

Designers: 

Those with the art skills to do so can start a self employed business as a freelance designer making these flyers. Maybe pay a business rate style start up fee at the city hall to become contactable for this line of design work.

Designers could then charge for their time to design and the price per x100 printed flyers needed. 

Designers may need to buy supplies such as paper and ink to fulfil the front to back economy of the role. 

Flyer runners: 

As it says really, you could pay anyone an agreed fee to distribute the flyers to real players, for example: £10,000 to hand out 200 flyers to players, (not locals.) 

I don't see a need for a license or cost for this, it could ne considered an entry role.

What do you think? 

Interesting idea, but how would these work? Would they be similar/resemble the ID card in the inventory (As to the way they're shown on screen)? Will it be a physical item?

Interesting idea, but how would these work? Would they be similar/resemble the ID card in the inventory (As to the way they're shown on screen)? Will it be a physical item?
I reckon the same as an ID card, but usable to add to your phone.

Once used the item does not disappear from your inventory, so a flyer for example could be passed to another player, maybe a friend you are explaining the event or service too. 

Interesting idea.

I once toyed with the idea of having some business card designs when I was creating fake ID's and paperwork for a roleplay scenario doing a robbery. I put together some quick ideas online (they were a bit crap!). The idea being you SMS them the picture of it - but of course that's a bit fiddly and not quite the same as having a business card in possesion.

U9mfaKp.jpg

I imagine an actual good design could be created in a HTML UI to display in game when the business card is opened. It maybe difficult for the inventory system to store personal information of another person on it though, and it remember who that player was. I think objects are just class names and knowing the difference between my business card (or flyer) and your business card in the inventory of another player would probably be the largest challenge, maybe.

Still +1 for the idea.

They need to add the ability to put your group emblem in  this case business logo on to the side of your personal vehicle's like as seen on altis life arms 3.

Would be a neat feature for buisness owners to have thier own branded vehicles for publicity etc.

They need to add the ability to put your group emblem in  this case business logo on to the side of your personal vehicle's like as seen on altis life arms 3.

Would be a neat feature for buisness owners to have thier own branded vehicles for publicity etc.
Like it! 

Interesting idea.

I once toyed with the idea of having some business card designs when I was creating fake ID's and paperwork for a roleplay scenario doing a robbery. I put together some quick ideas online (they were a bit crap!). The idea being you SMS them the picture of it - but of course that's a bit fiddly and not quite the same as having a business card in possesion.

I imagine an actual good design could be created in a HTML UI to display in game when the business card is opened. It maybe difficult for the inventory system to store personal information of another person on it though, and it remember who that player was. I think objects are just class names and knowing the difference between my business card (or flyer) and your business card in the inventory of another player would probably be the largest challenge, maybe.

Still +1 for the idea.
Perhaps something like this could be done through the F1 menu, that way you wouldn't have to distinguise between different ID Cards, i.e:

F1 Menu has option to set an ID picture, and a flyer picture.

When you then use say the business card, it would show a template, but just change out the picture of the face with the ID URL photo, and the name/number be set as the player's one.

Then same with the flyer, but instead, it would show a popup of just the Image URL, instead of the pre-made business card

I explained that terribly but I'm sure you get the point

Perhaps something like this could be done through the F1 menu, that way you wouldn't have to distinguise between different ID Cards, i.e:

When you then use say the business card, it would show a template, but just change out the picture of the face with the ID URL photo, and the name/number be set as the player's one.

Then same with the flyer, but instead, it would show a popup of just the Image URL, instead of the pre-made business card

Got the point. like the point. 

Like this, which is just about the extent of my HTML knowledge:

cCp1zYI.png

Really like the idea, already doable in a sense with SMS texting and such. I get it's a pain to hear people sometimes when asking for their number and it may be easier to streamline it like you've said. As Jason stated the part where this idea is flawed is having all of that information compressed into an inventory item that is useable. It could be an idea to have it as shareable information through the Caps menu much the same as showing someone your ID.

This could be done through a request format similiar to carrying. Once the request is made, the other person has to accept it in order to see and recieve your information. Upon accepting the request, an image of your business card could show up and the number included could be added to the persons phone. This could cut out any issues with VOIP or having to have a unique item to each and every person who requests a business card. This could extent beyond just business cards and if someone chooses, their "business card" could simply be a napkin with their phone number written on it and a smiley face or something. Allowing for people to have multiple "cards" for different circumstances.

Back