What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Business?

Im_Big_Red

I feel like what the city is really missing is more player controlled businesses, not just owned.

Like I would love to go to burgershot, a shop ect and have a conversation with someone to get your items ect.

There is a real low amount of RP controlled jobs ect. I know the dealerships have recently been updated which is perfect! That is how it should be.

The pawnshop for instance? Have it manned or with staff ect and they are able to purchase items from you. Not having to use tweedle to find out whos awake ect.

With the other stores, if you're not actually present or awake then the store should remain closed. I would love to go to tescos when no one is there and just be trusted to use self service but It wouldn't happen.

fuel stations shouldn't be closed if the owner isn't there, defeats the purpose of fuel stations

fuel stations shouldn't be closed if the owner isn't there, defeats the purpose of fuel stations
I never mentioned a fuel station. You can use your card at a fuel station when its closed.

The actual shop attached to it should be closed/locked until someone is there.

Also the city requires cash for almost everything? defeats having a bank card no?

The actual shop attached to it should be closed/locked until someone is there.
no it shouldn't
i can already assure you, coming from a CoC point of view that no one will stand at those things all day in hope of some random bloke coming to buy from them.

vehicle shops and maybe diners/restaurants and pawnshops sure, fuel station(and attached shops) no, unless you want to make sure people have smoothies

The issue with this is that not everyone is going to be awake when others need them. For example, with the mechanic garages around the city, if no one is online you can still purchase repair kits and repair your own vehicle. If not, you would have broken down vehicles all over the City when they are not online. There would need to be a way for players to access similar/workaround features for all businesses if they were to be closed.

I also believe that this would shy away potential buyers away from owning a shop. This is because shops/stores are open 24/7 and are always making money. If this were to change, the owners would only be able to make money from their business when they are online, which in most cases then wouldn't be making enough for it to be a viable business anyway. Shops/stores in particular are meant to be a source of passive income to owners.

-1 from me.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes i want to starve when no shops online. I cant see it working for 24/7, Robs and ehat ever the other one is called.

So RPUK wants to be known as the best RP server in the UK/Europe yet hardly any RP is happening in regards of businesses.

Fuel stations I get, I've said that.

Use a pawn shop for instance. That is for you to get loans or sell items IRL aswell as owner selling stock. Well I've been here nearly 3 months and not ever seen a single person in the 2 pawn shops.

There needs to be more RP other than Police v Crims and Mechanic garages.

This is a suggestion forum so this is my suggestion.

+1 - Happens on other servers and it works great and the RP is really good when interacting with the people there.

You do need to have a back up in place though for example when no shop owners/burgershot employees are online so that everyone doesnt starve to death. To counter this there are plenty of vending machines and water dispensers etc so maybe this could be built up a little bit. People could also rent taco trucks etc and sell street food in Legion.
Businesses can post on Tweedle when they are open and then price competition would really come in to play between the shops that are currently open. Maybe there could be an app to show which are open and you can set a GPS and view prices.

The server is really lacking original restaurant/food spots Im guessing because its not a massive money maker and not many ideas get brought forward but I really think they should.

+1 - Happens on other servers and it works great and the RP is really good when interacting with the people there.

You do need to have a back up in place though for example when no shop owners/burgershot employees are online so that everyone doesnt starve to death. To counter this there are plenty of vending machines and water dispensers etc so maybe this could be built up a little bit. People could also rent taco trucks etc and sell street food in Legion.
Businesses can post on Tweedle when they are open and then price competition would really come in to play between the shops that are currently open. Maybe there could be an app to show which are open and you can set a GPS and view prices.

The server is really lacking original restaurant/food spots Im guessing because its not a massive money maker and not many ideas get brought forward but I really think they should.
Appreciate that 🙂 the 2 previous cities I was in had this in place and it worked really well for RP.

It shouldn't be about a money though as such, if its ment to be the best RP then you need to consider IRL situations. For instance your local Nisa or Premier doesn't earn as much money as Tesco or Asda but they survive. Same as if I have the munchies at midnight and there is nothing open you order a takeaway ect.

I just feel in the city currently, if you are not part of a gang or big operation then all you have is Taxi and Mechanic. It's missing a huge route to market here in the RP world.

NO PIXEL have it down to a T, then there is Paradise Life RP who have a huge inspiration from NP.

Appreciate that 🙂 the 2 previous cities I was in had this in place and it worked really well for RP.

It shouldn't be about a money though as such, if its ment to be the best RP then you need to consider IRL situations. For instance your local Nisa or Premier doesn't earn as much money as Tesco or Asda but they survive. Same as if I have the munchies at midnight and there is nothing open you order a takeaway ect.

I just feel in the city currently, if you are not part of a gang or big operation then all you have is Taxi and Mechanic. It's missing a huge route to market here in the RP world.

NO PIXEL have it down to a T, then there is Paradise Life RP who have a huge inspiration from NP.
I've experienced it on No Pixel and it really is so good. Each food spot is custom designed with menu items and it works really good. Each place has its own vibe. You are right that being against this idea is almost like being against the idea of Roleplay in a sense.

I've experienced it on No Pixel and it really is so good. Each food spot is custom designed with menu items and it works really good. Each place has its own vibe. You are right that being against this idea is almost like being against the idea of Roleplay in a sense.
The city I came from I use to run burgershot, I had employees and gods imported the ingredients. You would have to ask customers what they would like and get them to sit down and it would be made fresh. Pates, lettuce ect...different drinks like milkshakes, slushies, water, OJ.

so like a bellybuster would completely fill your hunger but as it was 3 pates you would cost just under what a 3 single burgers would.

Meal deals so you could have any Burger, Fries, Drink and Fruit.

You're speaking my language in here... I would love to have a fancy restaurant where people come and dine in with live music from a pianist or violinist. More about the RP and bringing people together regularly for an experience than eating or drinking to combat hunger! Make a booking for a table, get seated by the matradi, show up looking glam and have a great night while communicating in the bar with people.

You're speaking my language in here... I would love to have a fancy restaurant where people come and dine in with live music from a pianist or violinist. More about the RP and bringing people together regularly for an experience than eating or drinking to combat hunger! Make a booking for a table, get seated by the matradi, show up looking glam and have a great night while communicating in the bar with people.
THIS!

My favourite spot personally in the city currently is the last train diner, love the style of it ect but that would be a great place to actually have some RP. Get people seated, serve them ect.

Everyone that is putting this down as a negative I 100% bet that you own a business yourself and you don't want restrictions put into place.

It just needs more RP in so many situations. I spend 6-8 hours a day in this city and it's repetitive with constant gang v gang, cops v gangs or people hanging out at mechanic spots....oh and just general drug dealing.

IRL dealing wouldn't be so bait or so easy for everyone to come by.

THIS!

My favourite spot personally in the city currently is the last train diner, love the style of it ect but that would be a great place to actually have some RP. Get people seated, serve them ect.
Yes and rather than all the thugs coming in and acting like they own the place, even they can take of their colours, have a shave, put makeup on and come in a suit/dress and be their best self. Lawyers, business owners, doctors, etc, coming together in one place without being in their day job. IRL even a gangster goes out for a nice meal and dresses/acts for the occasion.

Yes and rather than all the thugs coming in and acting like they own the place, even they can take of their colours, have a shave, put makeup on and come in a suit/dress and be their best self. Lawyers, business owners, doctors, etc, coming together in one place without being in their day job. IRL even a gangster goes out for a nice meal and dresses/acts for the occasion.
The city needs this! ❤️

Everyone that is putting this down as a negative I 100% bet that you own a business yourself and you don't want restrictions put into place.
I can confirm I do not own a business. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and have the right to disagree.

I agree with you in certain areas and I love to see roleplay down at burgershot and the pizza place near PD as people already do it. The problem with your idea is if businesses are closed, they would be needing features that allow you to work around that. Like I said before, it will also be affecting the economy which can have a domino effect. Everything would need to change as I don't believe people would want to purchase a shop for £10,000,000 only for it to be open when they are online and them having to be there operating it. I guess it could work but the current mentality and economy on the server would need a drastic change and things like that can take time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm I do not own a business. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and have the right to disagree.

I agree with you in certain areas and I love to see roleplay down at burgershot and the pizza place near PD as people already do it. The problem with your idea is if businesses are closed, they would be needing features that allow you to work around that. Like I said before, it will also be affecting the economy which can have a domino effect. Everything would need to change as I don't believe people would want to purchase a shop for £10,000,000 only for it to be open when they are online and them having to be there operating it. I guess it could work but the current mentality and economy of/on the server would need a drastic change and things like that can take time.
then that is the issue you've said it yourself. "current mentality and economy" - RPUK is listed as the number 1 in UK/Europe. I'm just point out that for the RP side of things it's not is it?

Also people can employ people to man shops ect, not all owners can be there 24/7 which is why you employ staff. You work on shift Rotation.

It's a UK based server with yes I know people round the world who play, but it's mainly our timezone, so for early hours of the morning GMT then they should employ someone who is awake at that kind of time no?

Or turn the 24/7 Shops into Amazon Wireless shops, so you're getting that RP factor out of it likes it IRL where there are shops that arent manned and you only pay for your products ect.

I agree with you in certain areas and I love to see roleplay down at burgershot and the pizza place near PD as people already do it. The problem with your idea is if businesses are closed, they would be needing features that allow you to work around that. Like I said before, it will also be affecting the economy which can have a domino effect. Everything would need to change as I don't believe people would want to purchase a shop for £10,000,000 only for it to be open when they are online and them having to be there operating it. I guess it could work but the current mentality and economy on the server would need a drastic change and things like that can take time.
A quick fix is a local can serve the basics when the owner and staff are offline, but the full experience is there when the owner/staff login. Passive income can still be a thing, but the place comes alive each day bringing in even more people and RP

@Im_Big_Red I don't know you and I'm married, but I love you hahaha

the problem is, i highly doubt most shop owners will sit at their shop all the way up in paleto in the hopes of those 2 minutes of RP it brings compared to 30 minutes(example) of wait time, might aswell just do taxi runs for money

Back