What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Business?

Im_Big_Red

I feel like what the city is really missing is more player controlled businesses, not just owned.

Like I would love to go to burgershot, a shop ect and have a conversation with someone to get your items ect.

There is a real low amount of RP controlled jobs ect. I know the dealerships have recently been updated which is perfect! That is how it should be.

The pawnshop for instance? Have it manned or with staff ect and they are able to purchase items from you. Not having to use tweedle to find out whos awake ect.

With the other stores, if you're not actually present or awake then the store should remain closed. I would love to go to tescos when no one is there and just be trusted to use self service but It wouldn't happen.

the problem is, i highly doubt most shop owners will sit at their shop all the way up in paleto in the hopes of those 2 minutes of RP it brings compared to 30 minutes(example) of wait time, might aswell just do taxi runs for money
I think the point is it shouldn't always be about the money.

I think the point is it shouldn't always be about the money.
I don't think its about money its more about people having the time no one is gonna sit at their shop 24 hours a day IRL are they ?

Also people can use the market stalls yet look at how unsuccessful they were what is gonna make shops any different if they change when even the market stalls aren't used? 

The fact that market stalls are such a good addition yet not used by almost anyone trying to start a bussiness just means that people won't do it.

I am of the opinion that forcing people to do certain things is not the way to go if people wanted to open up a restaurant or sit at a shop for 24 hours waiting to see who comes by they can already do that yet they don't do it and even the ones that don't have the businesses don't do it either with the tools that are already in the server like the Tray at most restaurants.

Also it isn't 100% true that shops don't roleplay i don't know about others but i buy alot of Fruit, Plastic, Drills from Trucking Companies or someone that is looking to make a name for themselves, Sponsor Events, ETC...

My point being forcing is not a good idea and might have the opposite effect, also kinda hard comparing NoPixel to RPUK considering that most of the people in NoPixel are there 24/7 or always have huge population at almost any times.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you’re deffo on to something here mate would just need to work a way for it to work when no one is around. But also still make it profitable for business owners who can’t always Be in the city. Undecided. No vote from me either way. 

I don't think its about money its more about people having the time no one is gonna sit at their shop 24 hours a day IRL are they ?

Also people can use the market stalls yet look at how unsuccessful they were what is gonna make shops any different if they change when even the market stalls aren't used? 

The fact that market stalls are such a good addition yet not used by almost anyone trying to start a bussiness just means that people won't do it.

I am of the opinion that forcing people to do certain things is not the way to go if people wanted to open up a restaurant or sit at a shop for 24 hours waiting to see who comes by they can already do that yet they don't do it and even the ones that don't have the businesses don't do it either with the tools that are already in the server like the Tray at most restaurants.

Also it isn't 100% true that shops don't roleplay i don't know about others but i buy alot of Fruit, Plastic, Drills from Trucking Companies or someone that is looking to make a name for themselves, Sponsor Events, ETC...

My point being forcing is not a good idea and might have the opposite effect, also kinda hard comparing NoPixel to RPUK considering that most of the people in NoPixel are there 24/7 or always have huge population at almost any times.
100% agree, business owners cannot be expected to be around all the time but that is why they can hire staff. They would have to conduct proper interviews, run trials and train people how to run the shops and interact with customers. 
this would also stop gang members just having 4 gang members as staff who can just put orders in every few days. You would have to recruit people who you don’t know, who can put in the hours. This would open a new avenue of roleplay for people who generally would never get the chance to be involved in it. 

I think the key point to this entire discussion is to define the differences between essential and non essential businesses. 

I disagreed with the changes to car dealers. I still do, however I understand why it was done. I'd class this as a non essential and would like to see more businesses pop up that fulfill other purposes and are staffed properly. 

Another way to say it is necessity vs luxury. Convenience stores and fuel stations are necessity. Liquor stores too as they can sell drinks etc. 

One can argue that restaurants etc are luxury therefore could (potentially) operate under different conditions. 

The biggest pitfall with all of the above is a sustainable population to make it work. I dont believe the server has that just yet. 14 people online in the early hours of the morning UK time attests to this. Need a much broader reach to fully sustain such a venture.

We're back to looking at this as if people just need to eat so they don't starve, but if there's more to do at these businesses than "eat to live" then it'll bring people together for more RP. Plenty of businesses can run in a basic way without being manned 24/7, this is great for passive income, but said owners should make more of an effort to hire people to bring the place to life each day, even if it's just for a few hours. For example, If I was hired by someone to manage a petrol station, I would use some of the marketing budget to get a food truck down, put out some balloons, have music playing and get a luxury car dealership to offer test drives so that the fuel sells, tool kits fly out the store, the food truck makes money and the car company sell some cars. Win win and very easy to organise. The RP is fun and people remember where to fill up their tank.

I think it is really nice when people are in their shops or restaurants working and serving customers, it really adds to the RP. However I do not think that people should be locked into doing this, if you want good RP from it then it needs to be people wanting to do it so they can provide good RP not just, 'ugh i want my shop to make money, better go stand their for 2 hours giving minimum RP.' 

If people want to do this they can, if they don't they shouldn't have to. -1

Realistically you're expecting people to fly in and just stand in a shoo for x amount of hours instead of having fun with their friends/gang. 

With all due respect on paper it is a fantastic idea, but would you happily boot up your pc and stand in a virtual shop hours on end hoping someone comes in for two seconds? 

Personally the role play here is amazing and that's without needing to go in a shop. There are events at the gallery, people selling medical supplies out a van, etc, etc. 

Create your story. 

I think it's a fantastic idea but personally i feel it just wouldn't work. The shops would need to be limited and less of them to stop workers just standing in a shop for 7 hours bored out of their mind. It would make a great social hub, people hanging around shops and what not, the only other way i see that it would work is if the food sold in shops just wasn't as effective or wore off quicker and your resturants / cafes had food that lasted longer creating social eating areas revolved around RP.

Back