What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Can something be done about the gangs

The Fiddler

Dean Cain
I've noticed a lot that a few select gangs walk around Kavala with large calibre weapons in clear view of police, police have to do something obviously as walking around with guns out is illegal. However as soon as they do it's the same "restrain me and you will be shot" and "I have a sniper in the hill". It's not roleplay, it's the same shit everyday that always ends up in gunfight in Kavala. Innocents get shot and in my opinion it's just baiting for a gunfight which is against a rule.

(3.7) Baiting - Baiting for the sake of a gunfight is not roleplay. Punishment is a ban. Examples: Flying over someone with a chopper waiting for warning shots to instantly shoot them back, robbing a service station with the intent of a gunfight, etc.

I can't imagine any roleplay that comes out of just walking around with a gun out. Anyway, it just annoys me so rant over.

I can't imagine any roleplay that comes out of just walking around with a gun out. Anyway, it just annoys me so rant over.
I get a lot of RP from having my gun. Now I'm able to wear the POLICE Tactical Vest, I RP as an undercover cop with his Mk20C etc..

Remember, it's not always the Rebels fault.

Rebels will always complain about Police,

Police will always complain about Rebels.

This will always be the same.

I've noticed a lot that a few select gangs walk around Kavala with large calibre weapons in clear view of police, police have to do something obviously as walking around with guns out is illegal. However as soon as they do it's the same "restrain me and you will be shot" and "I have a sniper in the hill". It's not roleplay, it's the same shit everyday that always ends up in gunfight in Kavala. Innocents get shot and in my opinion it's just baiting for a gunfight which is against a rule.

(3.7) Baiting - Baiting for the sake of a gunfight is not roleplay. Punishment is a ban. Examples: Flying over someone with a chopper waiting for warning shots to instantly shoot them back, robbing a service station with the intent of a gunfight, etc.
So you're saying that anyone who buys a 7.62 (which can't be concealed like a 6.5 can) is baiting for a gunfight? Most of the spawns you get in Kavala mean you spawn close to the GZ and it's a bit silly saying that they're baiting when inreality they're going to get a a car out or buy a first aid kit. I don't really see the point of highlighting the initiation a cop gets when they try to confiscate a weapon from a heavily armed rebel when you get the same amount of RP from a cop when they say "hands up or you will be tased". If even if you surrender yourself to avoid a gunfight, you are highly unlikely to be able to RP out of it as every cop seems to want to take every gun they see even though they are outnumbered and outgunned.

Not all of them want a gunfight but as soon as cop tries to do the right thing and attempt to arrest them their panic and forget how to roleplay and then turn hostile and propose gunfight options rather than make up a story as why they have the rifle are how they happened to come by it

High quality RP can come from carrying around a rifle. With a percentage of the cops they want to 'win'. By 'win' I mean take away the rifle or put the man in prison, but gunfights would never kick off if the officer did not want to 'win'. I'm not saying cops should not do their job although they should chill out a bit.

Can the topic please stay well...

On topic, no whining about people whining please, and thank you....

I will add though that I do find some RP can be had by having a completely unloaded AK-12 on my back with literally nowhere to store any mags. I find that cops are somewhat threatened by the naked hobo and I find it a nice little challenge to convince them otherwise. As with everything in life, you will loose some and you will win some and some will be rather odd and somewhere in between. 

Just make the most of those you win and make the ones in the middle rather peculiar you may have more fun than just winning.

On a related note, I do agree that running around Kavala with 7.62s robbing and shooting people is kind of asking for it and if done enough times may certainly be seen as baiting.

As always play nice folks...

strangely none of these brave rebels do this kind of baiting up in north east altis, then again not many venture up into alpha male territory , give them a reason to come to unmc lands and we will make sure they are all locked in a cage with nothing but hand to hand weapons for them to fight to the death with lol

As a part of one of the "bigger" gangs. When on i urge poeople in my gang to not carry weapons like this. 
I know there will be some kind a reaction to it.
When you will see us with a gun, we do have a reason for it. When im not on i cant decide what people to do.

I've seen a massive improvement from the Police in RP the last week  or two. It's been fun. 

Some people are honestly just looking to capture and kill officers and i see no fun in this. Least for the Officer that knows whats going to happen. There so many and better ways to do something like this.

Edit; @blaze1981, it's a long drive.. xD

Last edited by a moderator:
As a part of one of the "bigger" gangs. When on i urge poeople in my gang to not carry weapons like this. 
I know there will be some kind a reaction to it.
When you will see us with a gun, we do have a reason for it. When im not on i cant decide what people to do.

I've seen a massive improvement from the Police in RP the last week  or two. It's been fun. 

Some people are honestly just looking to capture and kill officers and i see no fun in this. Least for the Officer that knows whats going to happen. There so many and better ways to do something like this.

Edit; @blaze1981, it's a long drive.. xD
agreed but imagine if there was something so lucrative for gangs to steal to make the drive worthwhile I'm sure more would come

agreed but imagine if there was something so lucrative for gangs to steal to make the drive worthwhile I'm sure more would come
Aye!

Maybe a lucrative weapons cache?

As I see when I'm ingame. It's some sort of Action-reaction. When we get reports of people running around in kavala with bigger guns we already know "uuuuuh it's this gang again probably". And we go to there knowing we can't do anything because we will get surrounded by armed men who will say "hands up or die". Or we get taken hostage instantly. Two days ago there was a big gang (not naming) who took every police officer they saw hostage and the only roleplay they gave them was "call a negotiator or die". We got even our orders to not react to that gang due to the lack of roleplay they even took an unarmed negotiator. And those kind of things are the things that is bad for the relation between the police and rebels. I think those bigger gangs should be invited to be a ride along of the unmc sometime and see how they do. When the UNMC took us hostage they played some really funny games with us (rap battle, story time) and to be honest I wan't to get taken hostage by them again. And the next time I saw the UNMC doing a drug run. We went to the scene ofcourse. And guess what? Awesome roleplay there was a whole ceremony in the church.. It was amazing. And for the police I know there are officers who would like to win. Sometimes those are CSO's if you feel like they more wan't to win then actually roleplay. Report it to the higherup in the patrol. If I was the higherup I would go talk to the PCSO/CSO and probably give you comp. 

So I think that there maybe has to be a huge meeting between some gangs who are around and the police. Every officer can attend and every gang member can attend. And then we get some solutions. Like the police doesn't take your weapons 3 days long when you have them but you can't take police hostage be hostile towards others and they should try to make roleplaystories like we've never seen them. 

(I know my grammar or horrible)

Greetings,

KingGodDiabloZ

As I see when I'm ingame. It's some sort of Action-reaction. When we get reports of people running around in kavala with bigger guns we already know "uuuuuh it's this gang again probably". And we go to there knowing we can't do anything because we will get surrounded by armed men who will say "hands up or die". Or we get taken hostage instantly. Two days ago there was a big gang (not naming) who took every police officer they saw hostage and the only roleplay they gave them was "call a negotiator or die". We got even our orders to not react to that gang due to the lack of roleplay they even took an unarmed negotiator. And those kind of things are the things that is bad for the relation between the police and rebels. I think those bigger gangs should be invited to be a ride along of the unmc sometime and see how they do. When the UNMC took us hostage they played some really funny games with us (rap battle, story time) and to be honest I wan't to get taken hostage by them again. And the next time I saw the UNMC doing a drug run. We went to the scene ofcourse. And guess what? Awesome roleplay there was a whole ceremony in the church.. It was amazing. And for the police I know there are officers who would like to win. Sometimes those are CSO's if you feel like they more wan't to win then actually roleplay. Report it to the higherup in the patrol. If I was the higherup I would go talk to the PCSO/CSO and probably give you comp. 

So I think that there maybe has to be a huge meeting between some gangs who are around and the police. Every officer can attend and every gang member can attend. And then we get some solutions. Like the police doesn't take your weapons 3 days long when you have them but you can't take police hostage be hostile towards others and they should try to make roleplaystories like we've never seen them. 

(I know my grammar or horrible)

Greetings,

KingGodDiabloZ
CSO's don't patrol alone though. Were do they pick up the bad habits?

CSO's don't patrol alone though. Were do they pick up the bad habits?
By listening and following in the footsteps of a few ill trained/advised SPC's that they patrol with or through misinterpreting what is happening/has happened in situations and then later performing what they see as right when it's actually wrong!

Remember, it's not always the Rebels fault.
I can agree to this, I understand police are taught that if it is a gun then it is a gun. I feel even though your carrying a gun, add some RP to the situation and don't just immediately deny it. Give them a chance to rp out of it and let everyone come to a peaceful conclusion. Also rebels should start rping instead of threatening to kill cops, its stupid and involved no quality RP. I believe everyone should work equally on bring forth more quality rp to all situations.

Guy stands with his cock out. "That's not a penis officer it's a snake resting on my crotch in the sun!" There is only ever one reason to go up to an officer with your gun out fellas. Back when I was in the police it very rarely happened. I am very disappointed that it happens so much nowadays that the police just ignore it most of the time. 

As cop i have let people with guns go from greenzone with the promise they hold it in there backpack.

As unmc we only take out our guns when a threat appears. 

If you are not going to shoot or your not going to fire you wont need it to have out. 

If its a big gun and it dose not fit in your backpack leave it in your car. 

If you spawned in near the main road ( market as example) Rp with the officer that you woke up and had no change to sort it.  if the offficer refuse this then it might be time to explain it on teamspeak as you cant help it spawning next to the road. 

Bad non the less. dont have your gun out if your have no intention to use it. 

Yesterday i was pulled out of a truck and i had a weapon in my hands. i turned around and jumped back in. no officer did anything with it as i was pulled out when not intended. 2e time i jumped out and had my gun in my backpack. 

No problem with anyone. 

Back