What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Can't connect to ts.roleplay.co.uk anymore

Same problem here for a week straight now, 1 question for most that have the problems and are with KPN any chance u got the V8 Model of your router?

Same problem here for a week straight now, 1 question for most that have the problems and are with KPN any chance u got the V8 Model of your router?
I have not solved the problem yet but, @Ronald Strauss has found a solution that works according to him. The problem is the V8 modem of KPN for some unknown reason it really dislikes the RPUK teamspeak and doesn't want to connect to it. When you contact KPN they will provide you with instructions you have to follow in order to get a V9 or an V10. @Ronald Strauss got an V9 modem from KPN and according to him he can connect to the RPUK teamspeak server fine now with that modem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not solved the problem yet but, @Ronald Strauss has found a solution that works according to him. The problem is the V8 modem of KPN for some unknown reason it really dislikes the RPUK teamspeak and doesn't want to connect to it. When you contact KPN they will provide you with instructions you have to follow in order to get a V9 or an V10. @Ronald Strauss got an V9 modem from KPN and according to him he can connect to the RPUK teamspeak server fine now with that modem.
as i thought i looked it up too on the KPN forums alot of other people have the same problem with the V8 and a few certain IPS you can't connect too

​

😞

Even though I'm able to connect to the RPUK Teamspeak, I'm still experiencing Packet Loss issues in between 15% - 50%, which means that Teamspeak is still unusable. I currently have a Experia Box V10, which is the only modem which allows you to change the DNS Server. However I've contacted KPN tonight and a maintenance employee will be dispatched today in-between 2 O'clock and 4 O'clock, due to an unstable internet connection. I'll keep updating you about the situation, because I haven't got a solution yet!​

I'm tired of waiting for this problem to be fixed though, I wanna play again....

Have you guys found a solution yet? I am from The Netherlands as well, using KPN. Can't connect to ts.roleplay.co.uk, have been trying a few times now.

Though I can connect to other servers so that's weird, which I don't have any problems on.

1. Tried reinstalling, not succesfull

🤓

After contacting the KPN Service Desk they provided me with a new modem (Experia Box V10) which seem to have fixed the issue. Do you know which modem you have?​

Well I can at least tell you I don't have the newest modem, I will see if I can maybe do that.

I believe we have a fix for this, which will be implemented this evening (all being well).

The problem is complex. Information follows. You might wish to read this laying down, or with a pillow near your head. 😄

Our TS server has (recently) been using an IP address ending in .255 - and technically, there is nothing wrong with that at all.

However, in LAN environments, historically the x.x.x.0 and x.x.x.255 IP addresses were reserved as 'broadcast' addresses - and in almost all cases, that is still true now.

Most routers and networks interface cards are smart enough to know the difference between the local area network and the internet, and will look at more than just the .255 ending to decide whether to broadcast a packet on the LAN. If it's a LAN address with .255, broadcast it; if it's anything else with a .255 ending, sending it to the router for onward transmission to your ISP and then the internet.

However, it's come to light that there is something 'iffy' with these KPN/Arcadyan routers which (so far) only seem to be supplied in the Netherlands - especially the Experia V8. I'm not sure quite where it is in the firmware or settings, but it seems like it's telling the PC's network cards to consider ALL addresses that end in .255 as broadcast addresses, with the result that such traffic destined for these targets will NEVER be routed, and instead just 'yelled' across the local LAN, where, of course, it will never find its target.

You can test this yourself by doing some traceroutes (tracert command in Windows command prompt) and attempting to trace to a site that you know works, and then trying again with the last digit set changed to .255. The 'working' trace will show your own router as the first hop (usually less than 1 microsecond response time), and the second hop being your ISP's border router. And then a bunch of other hops, to the target. The 'bad' trace with the .255 will show nothing except a load of 'response timed out' lines, and absolutely nothing heard back from even your local router. This is because those packets are all being transmitted as broadcasts on the LAN, not as routed traffic to the default gateway (the router), destined for the internet.

So... one fix is to either update your router firmware (if such an option is available), or find the setting in the router which causes this (which may not be possible if it's buried deep in a flawed set of DHCP config code), or get a newer or just different router that doesn't have this bug.

The other fix is for us to change our TS server's ip address so that it doesn't use .255 as its IP address ending. And that is what we have now done*, just because we love you. Use ts.roleplay.co.uk to reach us on, and the DNS magic will handle the new IP address automatically.

The TS change won't solve your local config problem or fix your dodgy router, but it will at least mean you can access our TS server again and cry about your crappy router to anyone who'll listen. 🙂

If you get fixed by tonight's IP address change, please do post here and let us know.

Back