What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Car clean up script

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasonhk

Unlinked
I have noticed there has been a a lot of issues with car not syncing for everyone i think this is because the amount of cars that get left around is to much for anyone to sync.

I think this can be fixed with a script that cleans up cars that are not use every couple of hours this will also keep streets cleaner for people to drive around as i notice a lot of clutter of cars around legion.

Hi, you might think issues we're experiencing are because there's too many vehicles to sync, we don't belive that's the case. And if it is there's no evidence of that, it's just rumors. The FiveM developer recently changed a lot of vehicle behaviours which has caused a lot of issues on our server, there's nothing we can do about it except wait for the bugs to be fixed by him.

Furthermore I belive we have some script that cleans up abandoned vehicles in some cases, but really if you see abandoned vehicles call a mech to get it towed away.

I hope you understand, thanks.

I'm Pretty sure the script they already have only works when people are not around but with places like legion where there's always people so cars don't get cleaned up.

Last edited by a moderator:
So vehicles within FiveM are majority handled by the client in a lot of cases, hence why initial issues with car dissapearing etc, changing etc, vehicle delivieries not working. This was all related, we now have a slightly better handle and more reliable method of tracking what each client knows and reporting that back to a central place so we can action stuff like manual vehicle cleanup.

What I will do is write a quick script later which itterates non-owned vehicles (so used local vehicles - random local cars at the side of the road) and have the clients clean these up every so often. Whilst this is not perfect and probably never will be until Bubbles / CFX team as Hawaii said fixes his issues.

I fixed quite a lot of the invisible car issues the other day, however there is more work to do, I'll discuss with the core team and will discuss the best method going forward, another alternative mitigation method is to lock all NPC cars as we accepted a suggestion quite a while back before I redone the vehicle locking scripts.

Moving to accepted.

Quick update on the matter. NPC vehicles will always despawn when the game chooses to, usally when it's abandoned. We've never changed the behaviour to my knowledge on NPC cars to make them last as long as possible. There's no need to take any action with them to my knowledge. Furthermore it's been a accepted suggestion that we lock all NPC cars again.

On another note since we've fixed owned vehicles despawning it might cause issues if they are left abandoned, because they no longer despawn if left 'abandoned' like the used to. We were thinking of adding blips to every vehicle marked for impound for the mechanics on duty, making it possibly easier to quickly find vehicles to impound.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back