What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Car Key Sharing options (Permanent/Temporary)

Chris Loveridge

Los Santos NHS
Los Santos NHS
Los Santos NHS Training
Los Santos Senior Firefighter
So just like getting your house keys cut to share it with friends/family I suggest that we can also get our car keys cut by G6 allowing friends and family to have permanent access to personal vehicles until the car is sold.

As it stands if you share a house with someone they have access to any car in the garage. Unfortunately if they park the car in any public parking they can't retrieve it as they don't own the vehicle. If I am trusting someone enough to have access to my car from the garage its safe to say I wouldn't mind them having access to the same car from a public car park.

Could either be done via G6 creating another income stream for them or via the key sharing app(Permanent key share or Temp Key share options) which also allows you to revoke access whenever you want from a list of people who have access to the key.

Pros

Don't need to pay to move cars about due to friends/family parking them in public car parks and not being able to retrieve them

More flexibility with sharing cars with people

Businesses can buy trucks and share keys amongst employees

Cons

Dev work

If you fall out with someone that has keys to your house and car then they can still drive your car and store it wherever (G6 key cut option)

Last edited by a moderator:
Although I like the concept, it also lessens the benefit of being added to a whitelist faction where members can share vehicles through the organisation's parking.

One issue I see with this

You fall out with that friend, they take your car out and rack up over 1mil in tickets, and park it back up, it's your car and really there is no way to prove you diden't drive it, yes you share keys but how do you prove in RP you weren't the one driving it about, unfortunately your now responsible for paying off 1million in tickets

One issue I see with this

You fall out with that friend, they take your car out and rack up over 1mil in tickets, and park it back up, it's your car and really there is no way to prove you diden't drive it, yes you share keys but how do you prove in RP you weren't the one driving it about, unfortunately your now responsible for paying off 1million in tickets
I think that really falls down to who you decide to share your keys with rather then a problem with the sharing itself.

I understand @6AN6comment of there being potentially less benefit of going to a whitelisted group like a gang to get car sharing but there would still be the benefit of having the location of the cars be unknown. This would also open up car sharing to new and inspiring organisations, groups an businesses enhancing the RP they can do.

I see the points. I put the suggestion up more for friends who share a house. Someone who has keys to my house uses one of my cars for use while hunting due to its off-road and storage capabilities. She can't however park it up anywhere other than my house otherwise I have to go out and grab it for her to use again.

This would eliminate that issue. Also benefits new "gangs" who aren't whitelisted with a shared garage capability. They can base out of somewhere with public parking.

Also benefits the 2nd hand car community by allowing all employees to having keys to the cars that are being sold. So they can be parked up and the owner doesn't need to hang around just to pull the cars out or have 20-30 cars sitting out in the one place all the time

Back