What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Car locking/unlocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Staff Team
Staff Team
Brief Summary:

As of the recent update, car unlocking and locking has been changed.

you have to be facing the vehicle to unlock/lock it and the distance has been changed as well.

from my understanding it was changed due to you not being able to decide which vehicle you'd lock/unlock if there's 2 or more are around...

well... you can't really drive more than one and if you want to pull two, you could just walk closer to it and it would unlock the one closest to you, this is how everybody managed and not many people complained.

at the moment almost every person I meet and have had a chat with it, is more displeased than pleased with the recent change.

Detailed Suggestion:

My suggestion would be one of the two if possible:

1. if you are X distance away from vehicle (lets say 1-3 steps away) you can still lock/unlock it without looking, over that, you'd need to be looking directly at it

2. revert it back to what it was, it wasn't an issue of walking closer to the vehicle you wanted to unlock if you had keys to multiple vehicles

The Pros:

1. Much more realistic

2. Convivence when getting out of the car, even when I get the groceries out of my car all in one go , I'll lock the car from inside my house as I don't have another hand to lock the car

The Cons:

none really, will please the bigger part of the community

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

No.

+1 Was nothing wrong with the old system. Current one is was far less broken than this new one

I agree with this every time I go mining I keep getting spammed telling me my car is being unlocked and locked when I am down in the mines. The old system worked perfectly.  

Change was made a couple of weeks ago to implement what is effectively your option 1. Thanks for the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back