What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Car ramming

Nikki

Unlinked
I know this may come under fail driving or VDM. But its not specific. I myself have been rammed and have footage of it where someone does it to disable the car and sometimes their own to stop and rob me. Its just off putting and its no fun like a car chase. Its just bad RP and they never RP being injured after smashing their car into mine they just jump out and "Hands up" 

So my rule suggestion may read as such adding to (G1.8) Fail Driving

(G1.8) Fail Driving - Unrealistic driving is not permitted. Unrealistic driving is defined as performing unrealistic stunt jumps, driving off the side of cliffs/highways, Ramming other cars to disable and driving on like nothing happened, and driving at extremely excessive speeds while in urban areas. During police chases excessive speed is permitted. If you experience an accident then you are expected to roleplay out the accident, both from your health perspective and the damage to your vehicle.

Just a short sentence to add and it will remove a lot of silly ramming.

(Also police smashing into you and driving off isn't right but don't know how or if that could be added as a rule)

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, if you are going blindly into it and just prohibit as a whole, then the police will be the most screwed over. If you look at the G1.1, it already defines pretty well.

(G1.1) Random Vehicle Death Match (RVDM) - Using your vehicle as a weapon (Running players over, causing explosions, ramming player vehicles) without a valid roleplay reason is considered RVDM.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right. But i think it needs to be a little more clear. As everyone who has robbed me has rammed my car to disable it. If i reported all of them i would have 10+ reports up and i thought this many players cant really be breaking the same rule over and over again. But again you are right it is right there.

Disagree with this one unfortunately. 

I think ramming someone car whilst robbing them or threatening them is perfectly fine. A great method used by criminals. 

And RVDM is already a rule if there is no RP surrounding it. 

-1 for me

I believe that 'ramming' isn't something bad for the server seeing how if I want to rob someone in a car I would firstly go up shouting and telling them to pull over, if they decide to drive off I think it's very reasonable as a criminal to stop that car no matter the cost seeing as the other person most likely will inform either police or friends.

However in your statement it sounds like people randomly start ramming you.

Its just bad RP and they never RP being injured after smashing their car into mine they just jump out and "Hands up" 
Without any attempts to pull you over this would be considered G1.1 RVDM.

Car ramming is a pretty acceptable method used by crims and police alike in the server - but like stated above and under the G1.1 rule - if they ram you before saying anything or threatening you in any way then it would be in breach of this rule and you would be well within your rights to report them

"extremely excessive speeds while in urban areas" No one is ever not gonna speed on a gta game.

-1 for me

I believe that 'ramming' isn't something bad for the server seeing how if I want to rob someone in a car I would firstly go up shouting and telling them to pull over, if they decide to drive off I think it's very reasonable as a criminal to stop that car no matter the cost seeing as the other person most likely will inform either police or friends.

However in your statement it sounds like people randomly start ramming you.

Without any attempts to pull you over this would be considered G1.1 RVDM.
A car going 100+ mph drives near a taxi on a highway and shout to the driver for him to pull over, if he doesn't comply, he starts ramming the taxi. Do you consider this reasonable RP to stop the car?

Tbh, in my honest and humble opinion, going up to someone and ask them to "pull over" if denied start ramming the car massively is terrible RP.. I wouldn't even consider it RP.

Inform the police? about what? someone asked me to pull over? 

If the point is, people should be more thoughtful before bursting into full rocket league mode. YES definitely!! Just as people should prefer words instead of instant jump to guns, I think the same logic should apply for ramming. 
I understand people want to rob other people, but find a way to do it proper.

Indeed going straight from pull-over to full ramming is a bit much but sometimes you need to disable someones car, say they robbed your friend, or kidnapped someone you know, you cant just pull up along side and ask for them to come for a chat. -1

Back