What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Carboard boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1L

My idea with this is to make things easier and abit more, in my opinion, intuitive and rewarding for the smelters, miners, shop owners and anyone else who does trade RP on the server.

The short version is this:
Introduce a new item, cardboard boxes, similar to the evidence bag item, but it allows you to reduce the inventory weight of x (i suggest 100 slots) amount of items. Can be bought from the shops, hopefully you get the idea.

For example, one cardboard box has 100 slots inside it whilst weighing 25 if placed in a container or vehicle inventory. for items that currently weight two slots like steel, you would be able to place 50 inside the box, the reason i've specified containers and vehicles is because this is where i see this item being used and making sense,  i would like to see people having to walk and carry the box prop between vehicles during packaging, delivery etc. The carboard box wont go into your player inventory.

Obviously there should be some limitations in place, for this I suggest that items such as weapons (perhaps some allowance for ammunition) or anything that can be ordered from the warehouses aswell as raw materials won’t be possible to pack into the box.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG ALL THE +YES!!!!!!!!! I NEED THIS!!!!!! As a professional Sminer this would be a dream!!!!!

• Hype
Reactions: L1L
+1 I think it can be a great QOL change and can encourage more creativity and avenues of roleplay to be created

I've seen similar systems from Minecraft mods. Issues come players who put items in items in items creating infinite loops that caused all kinds of issues. Unsure how this would behave in FiveM but how do you prevent abuse of thus system if possible?

I've seen similar systems from Minecraft mods. Issues come players who put items in items in items creating infinite loops that caused all kinds of issues. Unsure how this would behave in FiveM but how do you prevent abuse of thus system if possible?
I would simply not allow boxes to be placed in-side boxes and pray that it solves it 🙂

My idea with this is to make things easier and abit more, in my opinion, intuitive and rewarding for the smelters, miners, shop owners and anyone else who does trade RP on the server.

The short version is this:
Introduce a new item, cardboard boxes, similar to the evidence bag item, but it allows you to reduce the inventory weight of x (i suggest 100 slots) amount of items. Can be bought from the shops, hopefully you get the idea.

For example, one cardboard box has 100 slots inside it whilst weighing 25 if placed in a container or vehicle inventory. for items that currently weight two slots like steel, you would be able to place 50 inside the box, the reason i've specified containers and vehicles is because this is where i see this item being used and making sense,  i would like to see people having to walk and carry the box prop between vehicles during packaging, delivery etc. The carboard box wont go into your player inventory.

Obviously there should be some limitations in place, for this I suggest that items such as weapons (perhaps some allowance for ammunition) or anything that can be ordered from the warehouses aswell as raw materials won’t be possible to pack into the box.

i best be seeing you in the mines 24/7 if this gets implemented then ye little cardboard box merchant 😉

Implemented!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back