What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Carry options, we want your opinons!

Bowen

Staff lead - Shed connoisseur
Staff Lead
Staff Team
Los Santos Police Command
Los Santos NHS
Los Santos Police Trainer
Los Santos Firefighter
Hello all, I am here to ask the community a couple of questions on behalf of the staff team regarding the carry feature on the server. 

As it stands at the moment, you can /carry someone and they may decline it. This has been put in place to stop people trolling but running up to downed people and carrying them away with no reason. This however has been mitigated by the ability to drive a car up and load them in (which requires no consent and at the moment is realistically a bug).

The issue we are facing is that we are starting to receive complaints about people refusing the carry despite there being no RP reason to do so. For example:

player 1 gets in to a fight with player 2. Player 1 kills player 2 fairly, with good RP etc and player 2 RPs as though they are completely unconscious, yet player 2 refuses to be allowed to be carried.   
The issue here is, how can someone who is otherwise unresponsive, stop someone from carrying them? Furthermore, in its current state, if you are downed, it is fairly easy for a troll to come and pick you up in a car.

Our suggestion is that we make it so that you must accept a carry so long as there is reasonable RP behind it and not just someone trolling. This would be enforced under the power gaming rules. We also suggest that along side this, a feature is put in place that in order to place someone into a car, you must first be carrying them. This stops trolls rolling up and putting you in a car with no consent. 

The reason we are posting this here before just going ahead and making these changes is to get your responses and feedback. We value you as members of our community and do not want to make this potentially balance altering change without at least hearing your opinions. That being said, this in its self is not a vote for a feature, just because it has 100 upvotes, doesn't mean that it will 100% go through. We purely want your input. Some of you may even have a better solution to the problem, if so please post it below. Some of you may not see any issues at all and would prefer to keep it as it currently is, again if so, please post below and let us know! 

It should be noted that as a team not all of us see an issue and even amongst those of us that do, we don't all agree at the moment on the solution. That is one of the reasons why we want you, the players to let us know your thoughts on the matter. 

Like I said, please post any and all suggestions, thoughts, feelings, opinions, etc about the carry feature below. Your feedback is always welcome! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think when downed/incapacitated, you should not be able to decline a carry. The current way of putting people in cars works okay, and if it was to only be carried/handcuffed people then more cars could have issues - I know a lot have wonky hitboxes on where you can actually place people in.

If someone trolls and you lose stuff to that troll, a player report and compensation request will sort out any potential losses.

I would say instead of doing this you make it so downed players can be ziptied and moved around/put into cars. i have said this for months now, a new player that has just joined the server wont really have access to a ziptie so it stops the potential trolling. If this was to be made a thing zipties would have an additional feature, increasing the price and making it even harder for trolls to get a hold of.

I for one like the idea, there have been many times when we have had people down and they just say oh your not strong enough to carry me even when there are two of us there.

I like the idea of adding in to the rules that if there is an RP reason then you should accept a carry. My only question would be about dumping body’s, I know most of the time this is why people do not want to be carried as they want to picked up by the NHS so would you class dumping as a good RP reason or would that fall under trolling? 

My only question would be about dumping body’s, I know most of the time this is why people do not want to be carried as they want to picked up by the NHS so would you class dumping as a good RP reason or would that fall under trolling? 
That's a very good question. What are your thoughts on this?

That's a very good question. What are your thoughts on this?
This is the problem is it’s very hard to tell the difference between trolling and RP when it comes to dumping. I think dumping is good as it makes people fear for there life more.

The current problem is there is only really two options, let the NHS pick them up or dump them so they have to respawn. 

Maybe make it so NHS have to take a lot longer time to get people up from serious injuries? This is then taking them out of the situation? Also this would then mean you could have doctors and nurses in the hospital so they would need to be there longer? 

Sorry rambling now 😀 

definatly makes sence that you wouldnt be able to resist picking being picked out whilest you are down, its how it used to work back on arma and it wasnt realy an issue back then? i think a simmilar mechanic where you have to aquire a stretcher or as @Coozersuggested zipties would be enough to stop the trolls as the established population would know that they need the item and the others not.

All you need to do is enforce roleplay by rules, if proper roleplay is provided, there should be no reason to decline the carry, yes, you can struggle and let them carry you for a couple of seconds and drop of their shoulder and repeat and other things you can come up with.

but not blatantly say "you can't pick me up, I'm too heavy"  

If it were to be changed to just come up to someone and pick them up, it'll remove the aspect of roleplay (slightly) when "dumping" or other situations similar to that, HOWEVER, you could still struggle if it were changed and keep dropping off their shoulder which would be funny, great RP and buy you time if you were waiting for someone to come and save your ass.

I  understand some people are upset that the other person won't allow him to pick you up, that's why you got the option to bring a vehicle, but again, it means you need to put effort into taking that person and then dumping him.

I won't vote at all as I honestly can't see anything bad of how it is now and I don't think it'll change much if it were to become different besides making it a bit easier for people who don't like to roleplay and just straight out "dump him to make him lose something" mindset.

Im against it. Too many attempts to dump are just to be a dick to someone. Ive never been dumped with good rp. I think you should only allowed to be placed in a vehicle if you have been carried and thus youve allowed your consent to be given to be carried. Youre actively consenting to continue with the scenario and you accept the consequences of that agreement. 

If youve been downed then in my mind the scenario has now ended, if you want  to be carried off to some creepy dudes basement and chopped up and put into dog food cans then hey thats your fetish but if you want to sit and wait for 40 minutes for an NHS guy/girl to come help you so that you can "leave" the scenario youre in I think you should be able to do that. 

It comes down to consent for me and I dont consent to someone else needing to get their rocks off by dumping me in the water. 

If i want to reward someone else then i will find other ways to reward them. Im just not a fan sorry. 

Its a difficult situation to handle because no matter the way it is, trolls will always find a way to go around it. If you completely remove the decline feature, the trolls will adore you but if not, they will continue putting you in vehicles as they do now so its annoying for the person down.

I originally thought that it would be a better idea to allow you to ziptie people on the floor and then carry them without refusal but I think that even then it would simply be a matter of trolls getting zipties. I agree with the suggestion probably best that it is a rule that you must accept a carry if there is valid roleplay reason behind it.

I didn't see this post and made one myself on the subject. I think this is a great idea and would help in a lot of situations where RP is put to a halt due to players not accepting you carrying them when they're completely incapacitated which makes no sense in RP in my opinion. The only cons I think is trolls but is easy to put a rule up against it if they're not involved that they shouldn't be able to abuse the fact you can carry them. 

People should fear being in even hard to reach spots and not think because they're in a particular spot where if someone was to not be able to carry someone and not be accessible by car they have more of a chance to get saved in that particular situation

Would there potentially be a consequence if abused?

If someone has been killed and there on the ground incapable to move with good roleplay behind it, I feel like to make the rp good, realistically you should be able to carry them and if they refuse that's fail roleplay on there behalf
I'm a little late to this suggestion but it would be good to see what others think 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back