What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Cast To Device Troubles

Farmer Giles

So i usually stream movies to my xbox one and have been doing so for a long time!

Yesterday i tired to do this and for some reason it would not not connect. I restarted my computer and its will only read media from my computer, but i cannot cast movies to it! 

This is the box that comes up! 

9a4f71a0f93662f8e937c829d8d21a5c.png

Anyone know how to fix this, it just constantly says 'Contacting Network Device...' 

I'm afraid I have not done any casting myself, so I wont be able to answer ... Sorry (thought it was worth letting you know at least)
I am a little confused by your post to what it is you are actually trying to do, it is convoluted and vague as to what is connecting to what (this isn't helped as I have never streamed or owned a Console (bar the Sega master system when I was 7ish(it was a gift I had no choice!(a year later I got my hands on a sun microsystem OHHHYEAH(I wasn't really allowed to use it but a geek has to geek))))).
 You cant stream to your Xbox now ? or your trying to stream to your own computer ????? (I am presuming this is push technology not Pull) 

If I need to read files over a network I just share a network drive, I know this doesn't fix your issue, but it is a rock solid way of working with files on the network, truly tried and tested.

i have no really used the cast to feature for the xbox but i do use in house streaming alot 

i can recommend using a app called plex - its a server for media you host on your pc and the app you download on the console - works flawless for me

Yeah so what exactly are you trying to do? Watch a movie stored on your computer - on the Xbox one? In that case it looks like you're maybe trying to use DLNA. Cast is a strange term to use and that usually means MiraCAST or ChromeCAST technology, rather than DLNA streaming.

Your easiest bet would be as @lionel suggested of just sharing the folder your put your totally legally acquired media into and then any device can read the content and stream it.

Or as @TCK Imstyle suggested - Plex is a GREAT application, generally best run on a dedicated server/computer. It basically gives you your own in-house netflix. You download the media to the computer, it goes an gets all the artwork, etc. and it streams to pretty much every device going.

6a3773c75c36d939e27f430c2292f823.png

Thats what i mean by 'Cast To Device' Im pretty sure your correct about DNLA! 

I seen an error come up yesterday somewhere that i do not have a DNLA server set up or something? Is there anyway i can set one up on windows 10? 

f2c71537585d6b0c0e4f2f25e83f7701.png

Here i have allowed the access but im still getting the loading icon and the text saying 'Contacting Media Device' 

Dont worry lads, windows needed an update!

I have updates on automatically, but for some reason did not update! 

Back