What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Changes in police reports and holding cells.

Daanv

Professional Stunt Driver
Staff Team
Los Santos NHS
Good Morning everyone,

This suggestion includes some quality of life improvements for both the police and the detainee while they are processing or being processed at station after having made and arrest of having beren arrested.

I will make a list of what i believe to be improvements that can be implemented, and will explain what i mean with them.

• Booking a detainee into custody 

Allow an officer to actually book a suspect into custody using a scripted menu they can fiill in.

this could look like the following:

Suggestion 1.pngSuggestion 2.png

I am hoping that the above suggestion will limit the amount of suspects in the cell without being attended to and limit the time the suspect has to stay in the holding cell.

It would also be great if this could then be logged on the suspect his record so that any officer can see when this person was arrested before yet maby not charged.

i believe this would add a good level of roleplay and would ensure that people are not abandoned in a cell.

• Finger Prints

The current system for checking finger prints work pretty well however can have a slight improvement for when it comes to dealing with people that we cannot identify.

It happens quite a lot that someone has been arrested yet is not willing to inform the police with his name or details, at this point the police can ask for a forensics trained officer to attend to the cells and run the suspect his finger prints.

this would normally work if said person has had his prints taken and added to his record in a prior instance however this is not always the case.

this leaves the police with a person they cannot ID nor even make a proper report on.

What im suggesting is to add a way to make a report on a so called john Doe and make it so that the police can add the suspects finger prints to the report. 

this way the police can run his prints trough the system if arrested in the future and the prior report on john Doe would pop up.

Pro's

• Better and easier processing.
  • More realistic (cops wouldnt just give up on trying to id someone irl)
  • Staff / POlice command could police who is leaving people in cells unattended

Con's

• Likely a butt load of dev work
  • More paperwork for the police

These are my two suggestion please let me know what you think of them using constructive feedback.

More needless paperwork when we're here to RP, not fill in forms 24/7. 

The only semi-useful part of this suggestion is attaching the fingerprints of an unknown criminal to the report. 

People being left in the cells occurs so infrequently that this would have no bearing on it anyway, It is dealt with by staff and Police Command when it happens already. 

This is just going to result in more Police RP being dictated solely by procedures, further stripping any personality out of the processing RP as officers are forced to jump through hoop after hoop. This in turn creates more 'RoboCops' who just follow procedure mindlessly, instead of putting their on personable spin on their RP.

This will simply add time to the already higher than necessary amount of time that an officer has to have their head buried in a PNC/Form whilst processing people, instead of being able to do their job freely.

Not worth the dev time. There are more useful things that it can be spent on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly, we're here to have fun.
GTA RP is glorified cops and robbers, with twists, turns, drama and above all fun. 
The police service effectively serves to provide the story for the criminals. There would be no criminals without the police. 

Players would already rather bleed out, throw themselves off a pier, and other various methods to avoid custody, and the custody system we currently implement.
2 months ago there was a spirited discussion in Pol-Mem and after that I genuinely think that custody improved, but its still a long process, without much interaction. Some officers are a lot better than others however. 
What you're suggesting adds time to the custody processing, and takes more time from officers away from actual roleplay. 

Something that i've spoken to various members of the community about recently is that I think that policing on RPUK needs a shift. Roleplay Policing does not need to be "effective" (Except CID) No one is getting a well done badge for arresting 20 criminals in a 2 hour stint. Infact, if you manage to arrest 20 criminals in 2 hours, you've probably not roleplayed all that well at all imo. We, as police officers, should be out there, improving peoples experiences, stories and making sure all have a great time - while we have a good time ourselves, of course. After all, we're supposedly representing the "most important" whitelisted faction. 
TLDR - The number of incident reports you file, or their comprehensive nature does not a good roleplayer make. 

I like the suggestion, it would improve things inside the cells. The RP that is carried out inside the cells is always down to the individuals themselves. I rather have a good chat with someone than slap the max sentence on them.

-1 Theres enough paperwork involved in the custody process already.

Besides how are you going to fill out the form if they refuse to give their details nor want to cooperate. (Which is not suprisingly alot of people)

If the sole purpose of this is to log PIC's just make a script where you automaticly check them in somewhere that logs who checked them in. Similair to the doctor at Pillbox.

-1 Theres enough paperwork involved in the custody process already.

Besides how are you going to fill out the form if they refuse to give their details nor want to cooperate. (Which is not suprisingly alot of people)

If the sole purpose of this is to log PIC's just make a script where you automaticly check them in somewhere that logs who checked them in. Similair to the doctor at Pillbox.
Hey jesse,

Thanks for your reply.

I believe the second part of my suggestion goes into dealing people that cannot be identified.

As for paperwork im not to concerned about it would maby take someone 30 seconds to fill in the required info.

The suggestion is mainly because i notice a lot of people being abandoned in a cell or being left in there with barely any rp or interaction (after or before the writing of a report) 

I like the idea however I must agree with others about it being needless paperwork, I personally don't think the benefits you state are enough of a benefit.

The suggestion is mainly because i notice a lot of people being abandoned in a cell or being left in there with barely any rp or interaction (after or before the writing of a report) 
This is exactly where you find the root of the issue.

We book people into Custody (Obviously what no one wants as it takes a long time to complete the reports). After this like you know yourself as officer here we have to write a rather detailed report and have accurate evidence of their deeds which usually takes around 20-30 minutes depending on their deeds.

Now the problem lies in the fact that they don't want to be there stuck in custody for a long time and people know that everytime they interrupt the officer writing the reports their time in custody is prolonged. I don't personally don't mind being in a custody cell rping with PIC's for 2 hours but there is literally no PIC that enjoys RP in custody as theres fuck all to do for them.

Of all people I had in the holding cells I maybe genuinly 4 people wanted to roleplay in their cells (Actual RP not the wahaha I am going to beat you up cunt).

The majority of them just want to get it over with and I don't think this suggestion just doesn't add anything to changing the status quo.

Also there is not always CID available or forensics trained SGTs+ to take prints. (for the note on fingerprints)

Back