What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Changes to car Customization

Isak

Staff Team
Staff Team
Investor
Cars need some more love.

​

At the moment it is extremely easy to change your cars appearance. You could pop into LS Customs and change the color of your car in seconds and be unrecognizable at most.

What I am proposing is to get more use of the many Mechanics we have at Auto Exotic and Tire Nutz. Imagine going down there to get your cars color changed, maybe some new rims. Or even camber on your wheels?

This would open up a lot more RP possibilities when it comes to cars other than getting them repaired and refuled at the mechanics.

​

Features

Call or go up to a employee and ask to get your cars color changed, tell them what color you want and they would show you a few variants of the color you are after. After choosing you would have to complete a payment and they would proceed changing the color with some sort of animation.

Same procedure would be for changing the rims on your car.

Camber and Wheels. This is something I think a lot of people would like. There are plenty of tuner cars on the server and there isn't much you can do with them other than the stock upgrades. It would be very nice to be able to camber your wheels on your cars and fine tune your cars. Wheels are one very essential thing with a car and with that I also think adding some add-on wheels would improve cars a lot. The stock GTA wheels are quite boring and isn't very unique and nice looking compared to most stock rims on add-on cars.

LS Customs should still be used for customizing your cars appearance (spoilers, bumpers etc) other than color and wheels as I do not believe the server has the work force to have the mechanic shops do all the work quite yet!

Pros: A lot more RP, Realism, Extra Customisation

Cons: Dev work. People might not be able to do their desired car customizations at times there aren't any mechanics around at the shops

Balance: It will change and fix how people can just go and change their cars appearance to loose police in a instance.

Thanks to @Stvefor some of the suggestions!

Upon first joining this server i thought this was the case as LS customs wasn't on the map.

This would be much more enjoyable and more interaction.

BIG +Support

Theoretically this can already be done to an extent, for example if you and the auto exotic / tirenutz employee both go to LS Customs you can give him keys to the car and then he is able to change the mods on the vehicle (I think). But I like the suggestion +1 from me.

Yes, love this. Having it just be cosmetics means that people wont necessarily suffer as much if they are only playing at times when Tire Nutz and Auto Exotic are closed.

IMO, I'd rather we removed LS Customs and went with TireNutz or Auto Exotic to customize your car.

It not only adds realism but it stops people driving into an LS customs and within seconds drive out and the car is completely changed making it harder for criminals and police searching for said vehicle. Same with people driving in to automatically fix their vehicle within seconds.

Removing and adding the feature to these RP driven mechanic shops, would create a lot of realism but I feel for that to work with the complete removal of LS Customs, we'd need more RP driven mechanic shops.

• Hype
Reactions: Rot
This was always the dream when the shops first started opening up and i know that Tire nutz used to do exactly what you suggested @Nuclearas they are located very close to bennys. the problem is that it not only doesnt make for a very genuine RP experience, it kind of also defeats the purpose of having our own location on the map. If thats how we went about doing things it would make more sense for us to just close shop and take over Bennys... 

To add to your suggestion, i think the interface the police has atm for uppgrading/modifying their cars could work realy well for auto exotic if the implementation is even possible.
Ofcourse it would be neat to have some new rims and other swanky modifications seen in other suggestions, ill link a few bellow. Additionaly (i might be bias) but i generally feal like there is alot of missed potential in Auto exotic and Tire Nutz in general. 

The car community really needs some more love man, all we ever get is new cars every once in a while and when we do, they seem to be missing half the available mods for them..

Like mentioned above, there's a bunch of things we'd like to see:
-DLC wheels
-DLC paint jobs
-Headlight Colours. 
-Custom Rims
-Drifting Cars
-Drifting Courses
-Racing App
-Improved LS Customs Script
-Nitrous
-Marketplace for cars (possibly like a 2nd hand garage where people can list their car for a fee and anybody coming in can view it and buy it)
-Transferring cars via dealerships

I'm sure there's more but my low IQ brain could only think of these for now.

It not only adds realism but it stops people driving into an LS customs and within seconds drive out and the car is completely changed making it harder for criminals and police searching for said vehicle.
this is against the rules aint it? just report 🤓

I think we at Auto Exotic get asked this question about 10times a day from people. it would be great if we could and it would bring so much more rp to the shops. i would love to keep Benny's and places like that so we are not bogged down with upgrades as we only have 4 holes. Maybe when they come to us its 2/3rds of the price or half. 

i know Tire Nutzs have been taking peoples cars to Benny;s and rping it that way but at AE we would have to take them all the way to city hall or a back alley near Auto Care which breaks the rp fun of getting upgrades. It has been fun rping that the equipment is on its way just saying we ordered it off wish .com so it could turn up at any time. 

Last edited by a moderator:
10000% agree

Working at Auto Exotic we tend to get around 4-5 people a day asking if we can upgrade their vehicles.

I would love to have this function at the player run mechanic shops. May give some incentive for new ones to pop up also.

I'm of the mind that the player run mechanic shops and the city run shops can work in tandem. However there are certain things you can get done at Auto Exotic or Tire Nutz that you could not get done at a city run shop. e.g level 4 upgrades and NOS for the cars that have that available.

For how it works I would say someone would talk to a mechanic shop employee. Then they can go into an 'upgrade bay'. Similar to the G6 and Police bob shop. A list is made of all the upgrades they choose. The car is with the mechanic shop for an amount of time dependent on how many things they've changed. After that time the mechanic shop bills the person and then they receive the car.

Theoretically this can already be done to an extent, for example if you and the auto exotic / tirenutz employee both go to LS Customs you can give him keys to the car and then he is able to change the mods on the vehicle (I think). But I like the suggestion +1 from me.
I Don't know if i miss interperted the suggestion but i think isaac is speaking about "forcing" people to go to TierNutz/Auto Exotic for specific mods and making them unable to get in benny/LS customs.

As for the suggestion itself, might be bias but if you ask me i would love to have these 2 shops maybe even more for example like Hayees mechanic shop or the one in beekers to be the only places where you could mod stuff. My reasons for this is it would add more businesses into the city and also people would have to contact an employeed mechanic to give them the mods they want to acquire which makes for more roleplay for mechanics and for people that go mod their cars.

Obviusly i am not saying remove all automated shops i would say keep only 1 so in case the mechanics arent awake you can still do it and for that i would say the shop at beekers would suit the job but maybe make the prices of certain mods more expensive on this shop like 25k or 50  more expensive for engine and armor for example

As for people that dont know what type of customization their car has i would suggest that they can go into the shop and go like normal benny and LS customs but cant buy any mods since they arent employed in the respective shops. (This is just for the average joe that doesnt know what upgrade looks cool and stuff)

Last edited by a moderator:
I Don't know if i miss interperted the suggestion but i think isaac is speaking about "forcing" people to go to TierNutz/Auto Exotic for specific mods and making them unable to get in benny/LS customs.

As for the suggestion itself, might be bias but if you ask me i would love to have these 2 shops maybe even more for example like Hayees mechanic shop or the one in beekers to be the only places where you could mod stuff. My reasons for this is it would add more businesses into the city and also people would have to contact an employeed mechanic to give them the mods they want to acquire which makes for more roleplay for mechanics and for people that go mod their cars.

Obviusly i am not saying remove all automated shops i would say keep only 1 so in case the mechanics arent awake you can still do it and for that i would say the shop at beekers would suit the job but maybe make the prices of certain mods more expensive on this shop like 25k or 50  more expensive for engine and armor for example

As for people that dont know what type of customization their car has i would suggest that they can go into the shop and go like normal benny and LS customs but cant buy any mods since they arent employed in the respective shops. (This is just for the average joe that doesnt know what upgrade looks cool and stuff)
Could also be done in the same way robberies work. If there arent too many police around, you arent gonna be able to rob it. Could be reversed so when there is 0-2 mechanics around you could go to LS Customs

Back