What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

changes to crafting levels

Niamh

So this has been bothering me for a while. The only way to advance your crafting skills is by making lockpicks even though there are a bunch of things to craft none advances your craft level. Lockpicks take 4 steel to make which is a lot of money or grafting and you won't make the money back even if you sell them.

Just to make it clear how much grafting one would have to do is 1400 lockpicks which is 5600 steel. Which would cost about 4.2mil to get max level with very little benefit to the individual  until they hit max level. 

My solution would be like most things in the server would be to have all the items you need to craft added to your level.  Plastic bags, zip ties, plastic, wood and hemp would only add a very small amount but from there the more advanced the recipe would add more points.

Pros:

Makes a crafting level more feasible. 

Can add more variety to the server.

Cons:

Dev work

Does this suggestion change balance on the server?

I believe this would balance the server better.

•  

Pretty sure this was spoke about by the devs and they were going to add this in the future already but yeah it was a pain using up over a million worth of steel to get level 2 crafting in order to create different items

+1

I had heard there was more coming to basic crafting but I agree more should affect it, laptops I would have thought have an effect but don't

but what do anyone do with 1400 lockpicks other than flood the market and make them worthless

+1 here

I had heard there was more coming to basic crafting but I agree more should affect it, laptops I would have thought have an effect but don't

but what do anyone do with 1400 lockpicks other than flood the market and make them worthless

+1 here
I mean you can already buy them in from the general warehouse.

+1

Seen as you can make much more technical items and the level doesn't increase is confusing.

Even if the main lockpick cost less to craft. 2 Steel would make it more beneficial and to have them removed from the main warehouse. So it was a craft only item.

A hard balancing pass would be good for the entire range of items. Lowering costs and adding xp to shorten the grind and make the rp more important rather than accumulation of wealth, be it real or perceived. 

Big plus 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like a more than reasonable suggestion! +1

200.gif

I've only recently trying to get my crafting up and noticed this aswell. Even now that steel is worth so little, it's still just a wast of steel to use 4 steel on a single lockpick (which is way overpriced for a simple lockpick). 
Some recipes that you can craft without the crafting skill should definetly give you crafting xp instead of just nothing and even if that's not something that can be done lockpicks should not cost 4 steel anyway. 
Definetly a big +1 to this suggestion

+1 from me. I will happily get on my hands and needs and beg. Current situation makes no sense espically being able to craft high tier items with no xp gain

Back