What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Changes to Help RP

Scott1994_

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
I have some ideas to help Roleplay and I am interested to hear people thoughts......

Mechanics

I think we should remove Body kit and Mechanic Kits....... or just mechanic kits (Also can't rob from mechanics -mechanic kits)

Pros:

-More opportunity for RP in garages as the people on the tow, have to take the cars to a garage to get fixed by a mechanic, People should not be allowed to fix cars if not employed by a garage or on mechanic job.

-Make it more realistic in chase when police or criminals crash, they are out of the chase and have to wait for mechanic to fix cars.

- would stop people getting robbed for kits as no one should have them if your not mechanic. if not signed on as mechanic cant use them. 

-makes it more realistic and adds to serious RP as you've got to wait for tow truck to then tow you to garage, no road side repairs unless slight damage 

Cons:

- Garages or no mechanics on duty cars stuck and can't get fixed (Pro - more opportunity for jobs in garages and more customers)

- People moan that have to wait to get car towed to garage to get fixed and then wait for fix (shouldn't be con really as meant to be serious RP server)

-People not actually wanting to RP properly or keep robbing them or being nuisances 

-Develop work already busy

Food

Food should go out of date/ rotten after certain amount of time...

Pros

-Stops people stock pilling food, but all so adds more jobs as people have to RP making food people order as if they make alot they waste money as it goes rotten, we would add RP and interactions as cafe, food places. would mean more legal jobs to RP as you can save money by waiting for someone to order fresh food. 

-Means Shops have to be active or their shop will run out of fresh food

-means prices could get lowered because shops cant stock as if they do risk loosing stock/money to going rotten

- bring more serious and realistic RP to server

Cons

- People moaning that keep loosing food and not want to RP it properly or just rob it and be pains

- Food/ gas shops not being open or ran properly

-development work

Heists

We should add like little heists and big heists where the gangs or people not in gangs have to organize heists and find out certain information to complete them and the right equipment

Pros 

- People love the scavanger hunts, it cold take weeks / months of planning finding the right equipment and information to complete heists

- give people something different to do than just rob and shoot as these heists add to big prizes once completed

-improve RP and how people communicate with each other

Cons

- To much Development work

-People Wont Rp it properly and share information or just incapacitate each other

RP

people RP has got to improve and be more serious, some of the things i see on the server are really not serious RP. For instance ive seen people get involved in situation that they was not involved E.G people was dressed as seagulls and had a hostage in a room in Pillbox, so someone ran in and asked them if they could join in, they ended up getting taken hostage and had to prove they was not there different character as they thought this person was under cover, People just following police and getting involved in other RP can often ruin the RP the police and that person has created, unless your going to add good RP to it, do not get involved in other people RP just cause you are bored there many other incidents this is happening.

The same as just because you get into a argument with someone doesn't mean you have to automatically incapacitate them, you can just walk off after or carry on argue then lead it into fighting, i feel people just eager to get into a fight and win. same as drug deals some people just going so what if drug dealing what you going to do cause in a group... for me ruins the RP as i like to hear people excuses for shaking hands... just cause you shake hands does not mean you have to be arrested or run. sometimes you can be but i think it adds to RP to hear excuse and then decide if good enough... i think we can all improve ourself as RP and remember it's a serious RP city and need to help the developers and staff as much as they need to help us make it a better interactive city...

personally i think the city has amazing people in it and staff, it can improve and get better but its everyone job to make it better. 

Removing mechanic kits so people actually have to go RP with mechanic shops/ mechanics instead of fixing their car up in 3 seconds on the side of the road, +1!

big +1!

people RP has got to improve and be more serious, some of the things i see on the server are really not serious RP
Absolutely this, i feel like its been a constant loop and while im sure part of it is due to people growing bored and running out of things to do on the server there is no denying this is only something players can fix not updates, if one person provides a low quality of rp the other person has this mindset of matching that and it just slowly spreads from player to player dropping the overall standard of rp from people, i feel some people treat the server like its still altis life on arma 3.

The food and mechanics stuff you suggested would be great for boosting up the usefulness and dependency on businesses which in reality there should have been a dependence on in the first place, so big chonky +1 from me!

Lets engage in some bigger picture logical thinking. 

When I review suggestions like this, I think about how it can have an impact on the community as a whole.

BIG! -1 on removing the ability to fix your own cars. NPC's are crazy unpredictable, randomly appearing, desync disabling cars super quick. The server would immediately become a mechanic simulator, which would drive away new players from the server quicker than being robbed in their taxi's by cutlass.

The only way this would be remotely acceptable would be if the amount of damage a car could take was increased considerably, but which however would leave us moving backwards in realism. I know being able to fix your own car mechanically on the fly isnt realistic, but its a "game play stifling" problem which would destroy the community, so I would prioritize Gameplay over Roleplay on this occasion.   

For me, the ability to get our own cars back on the road is an important quality of life fix due to the temperamental nature of driving in the city.

BIG! +1 On removing the body repair kits and limiting to mechanics only. Want your car looking nice? Go to a mechanic and real roleplay can take place. OR make them one time use! 

Medium -1 On mechanics not being able to get robbed. We already have enough protected factions without people "roleplaying" mechanics not being able to get robbed. Garages would just become safe zones, this isn't the direction any of us should want.

I agree with everyone else.

Medium -1 On mechanics not being able to get robbed. We already have enough protected factions without people "roleplaying" mechanics not being able to get robbed. Garages would just become safe zones, this isn't the direction any of us should want.

I agree with everyone else.
It would not because you can rob them just can not rob them of Mechanic Kits or Body kits... as it affects the RP because not all garages can store them like AE or Tire nutz. I think you can have repair kits but mechanic kits are not allowed to be used by anyone accept garages.... The whole idea of Tow trucks and roadside is just to get your vehicle up and running to maybe get it to a garage, so i think removing body kits and mechanic kits would be perfect to improve RP in garages, and tow trucks can just have repair kits... as it repair engine to 60% maybe more or less which still makes it realistic than you twatting a car or local and engine stopping to have it at 100% again at roadside

It would not because you can rob them just can not rob them of Mechanic Kits or Body kits... as it affects the RP because not all garages can store them like AE or Tire nutz. I think you can have repair kits but mechanic kits are not allowed to be used by anyone accept garages.... The whole idea of Tow trucks and roadside is just to get your vehicle up and running to maybe get it to a garage, so i think removing body kits and mechanic kits would be perfect to improve RP in garages, and tow trucks can just have repair kits... as it repair engine to 60% maybe more or less which still makes it realistic than you twatting a car or local and engine stopping to have it at 100% again at roadside
+1

Back