What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Changes to the police drones.

Elakin

Back from the dead
Unlinked
It makes absolutely zero sense for someone to be manning a drone and watch over people from half the map away for an unlimited amount of time.

For the past 3 weeks, it has been directly over the Coalition Ranch for hours on end, some days it has been there for most of the day, watching both the hill and the ranch.

If it's going to be used so very frequently, at the very least give it some sort of maximum range, and need to be recharged/refuelled. 

Should atleast have a limited range, maybe a 1mile radius before it looses signal, letting crims maybe being able to find the drone controller in the area

10+ Hr flight sim simulator, joke lad 

I do agree the drone needs to be more balanced. 
Replicate RL to an extent where the drone is launched from a designated drone vehicle (maybe one of the Vitos) with a limited range. As well as having a battery life of day 20 minutes or so. 

I do agree the drone needs to be more balanced. 
Replicate RL to an extent where the drone is launched from a designated drone vehicle (maybe one of the Vitos) with a limited range. As well as having a battery life of day 20 minutes or so. 

Sounds like the perfect Balance there alrdy, 

maybe add can only be used 5 times in a day 

-1 . It's already nerfed quite a lot. Really noisy, no camera meaning you have to be around 300-600ft to actually see people so you can hear it and if you hear it then the sensible thing would be to stop performing crimes if you don't want it to catch you

If you don't want it over the coallition ranch then do not murder 30 cops.

It makes absolutely zero sense for someone to be manning a drone and watch over people from half the map away for an unlimited amount of time.

For the past 3 weeks, it has been directly over the Coalition Ranch for hours on end, some days it has been there for most of the day, watching both the hill and the ranch.

If it's going to be used so very frequently, at the very least give it some sort of maximum range, and need to be recharged/refuelled. 

If this suggestion had come from anyone else, other than a person I have caught murdering people in broad daylight. Out in the open, probably about 6 times to boot. On top of that, from a group who will happily flash their firearms combined with running around their compound in circles. Then it would have credence. You can currently hear the drone from over 1500ft away. People don't even render in until you're within 600ft and from some gang compounds 400ft. 

While we're here. 
Mt Haan road is massively skewed. You can make more money per hour on Mt Haan than anywhere else in the city and the coalition make a fortune in tax from it. So of course the drone is overhead. That's where probably as much as 85% the drug dealing dispatches come from. If you feel targeted, that's why and everybody here knows it. 

On top of that, if I want to catch an organised crime group doing something illegal, I know I'll be successful if I go to the ranch because your group isn't careful and you don't care about being seen with weapons. As far as I can tell, at all! On top of that, you're happy to murder police officers on the street with firearms and then leave them to be taken to hospital. The only group currently worse than yourselves for running around broad daylight shooting people (outside of a gang to gang conflict), are probably 229. 

One time, you, yourself, stabbed someone at coalition ranch. You then dumped that persons body in your own pool! So I put the drone away, drove out to the ranch and saved that person's life. Interviewed them and they told me all about you and why they were stabbed. 

The recent container raids against Vagos - the one that wasn't even a Vagos container, was used, and accessed by someone who was in yellow Vagos colours, and drove directly from the Vagos convoy at their safehouse to the container before engaging in a gunfight with Aztecas. 

Ultimately, the drone only catches "stupid" criminals. If your character falls into the category of "stupid criminal" then I apologise for any offence you might take if your intention was not to roleplay as a "stupid" criminal.

All it does is watch, record and report in, and it's not even stealthy in doing so. It flies through the city slower than almost every vehicle, unless you travel the city on a faggio sport. It can't maintain a pursuit. keeping the camera on people that are moving around whilst flying, is literal aids. 

If I could persuade someone else to be like me and not want to touch grass, who takes enjoyment in sitting in the sky for hours on end doing absolutely nothing then I would sit in NPAS-71 instead. At 1000ft you can't hear it, and you can't see it, but it can see you. Not only that but it flies faster than pretty much any car. It has thermals. It can read number plates of cars. The camera can lock on and there's virtually only one escape from NPAS.
Also If it's not moving and just hovering over, the fuel lasts over an hour and refuelling is probably a 5 minute break. 

You can literally hear the drone before it can see you. How are people still getting caught doing crimes by it? Didn’t realise the crims were quite *that* thick. 

You have an early warning that you’re about to be watched thanks to the noise. 

You can literally hear the drone before it can see you. How are people still getting caught doing crimes by it? Didn’t realise the crims were quite *that* thick. 

You have an early warning that you’re about to be watched thanks to the noise. 
You can't hear the drone

Last edited by a moderator:
They litteraly use binoculars instead...
Yes so no thermals or anything. Just a magnified view which you have to be low down to see anything. 

At the end of the day criminals should have to be more smart to avoid crime.

• Not shoot right in front of cops
  • Not be stupid
  • Be smart, cover your tracks, don't be obvious
  • A mass shooting is going to attract a lot of attention, if you want the attention then you suffer the consequences 
You can't hear the drone
You can, I believe you can hear it upto 1500ft. It's about 5x louder than NPAS 

It doesn't make sense for the drone to be in the Sky 10 hour a day though, surely it should need to have time where its charging and uploading evidence, I've used the drone my self I know what its like when its up there and its even more useful when your tapped into the gangs frequency, BUT 10 hours a day its way too overkill.

Being caught by the drone is not the issue here @Qrow.

Whilst yes, I think it’s a bit ridiculous you can file up a warrant from the safety of PD with only the use of a remote control drone (which adds absolutely nothing to RP other than ‘haha I see you commit a crime and there’s nothing you can do about it’) I’ve sort of come to an understanding that the police enjoy winning a lot more than they enjoy balance.

My issue with the drone is the hilarity of it being completely unlimited and without limitation. You COULD sit NPAS above us for the entire day, but you cannot as efficiently, because it requires refuelling. Why should a drone be any different?

It can barely be seen, is even more difficult to shoot, and is there at all times. Where’s the balance/fun in that?

I’m not even going to respond to ‘haha just don’t do crime!!!’ because Christ alive what a pointless  argument.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't want it over the coallition ranch then do not murder 30 cops.
Not sure why you have mentioned this multiple times..its got nothing to do with that, it's the fact it just sits there for extended periods of time, not only is it annoying as fuck to listen to it buzz constantly its stupidly unrealistic for it to be able to fly for that long from that distance.

+1

Just like Kai stated, even NPAS had to stop and refuel etc. So why should a drone be any different.

Find it funny how this got taken so out of context, we’re talking about battery life and how unrealistic it is, people are just unhappy cause Coalition smoked a shit ton of feds / people.

. As far as I can tell, at all! On top of that, you're happy to murder police officers on the street with firearms and then leave them to be taken to hospital. The only group currently worse than yourselves for running around broad daylight shooting people (outside of a gang to gang conflict), are probably 229. 
Taking about battery life of a drone, was this really necessary to talk about? 

Back