What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Changing the Fighting style of the server

AdamMono

Most people would agree with me if I said either remove shooting from cars or make it first person in cars and then stop people from running people on foot over. Everyone knows that any time people get into a gang fight, it always involves 25 cars ramming into each other and shooting at each other from inside the vehicle, which really shouldn't be the case. It becomes a lot more realistic and the fights become much more enjoyable for both parties when you make people get out of their cars.

The advantages of implementing this would be;

• Much more thrilling battles
  • A change to the "war car" meta as a whole would result in a change to all car prices.
  • In addition to making police work considerably more entertaining, this would give them more time to respond when they get shot out of their cars, lengthening and intensifying chases.
  • In these situations, large-scale gun battles would encourage planning and tactics, which would also improve roleplay as a whole.

-1 for me only because I find first person shooting in cars impossible, the gun is half the screen you cant even see what you are shooting lol. Not only this imagine how aids police would be if we cant even shoot them in cars anymore.  If you give first person car fights a go you will clock on how awful it is,  I have seen ballers fight hustlers 20 man deep and hardly anyone smashes into each other, this could be a skill issue, desync, so many things, and changing that rather than optimising the server to run better in my opinion is a waste. I feel this would be a change to benefit gangs that are constantly loosing car fights or who do not have the numbers to compete in a car fights. If you cant fight in cars then don't, fight on your terms. 🙂

This isn't really a change the devs can make, sure they can force first person on you when shooting from vehicles but the main thing that needs to change is the mentality, if you want to see change, start with your RP fighting style, less Rocket League more rock up ditch the cars and engage in CQB, the change needs to start with the player, why make the devs waste time and effort forcing a change upon yourselves when you can just do that yourself by not engaging in the Rocket League meta?

-1 from me.

7 hours ago, Dazz said:

Real ones remember this @YacobBarbar

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Between this and ed's vid I would love to see more gang fights like this, be much more entertaining, seems more fun on both sides and I'm sure the gangs would have more fun without the shooting bringing police and then getting annoyed the police are involved

Also as a additional

If you want the gangs to stop useing cars and going for rocket league style car fights, give the police the power to crush any car used in a gang v gang car battle, if they can impound and scrap it on the spot I'm sure the way the fighting happens will change pretty fast, that or everyone will be fighting in shitbox cars

Coming back to this, but if we want to see any change we also have to see it from police. Using their cars at weapons by driving through people at 100mph while those people are already out numbered massively by police 

Coming back to this, but if we want to see any change we also have to see it from police. Using their cars at weapons by driving through people at 100mph while those people are already out numbered massively by police 
That's a more recent change and mostly because people were shooting at cops for piss poor reasons mostly

-1 for me only because I find first person shooting in cars impossible, the gun is half the screen you cant even see what you are shooting lol. Not only this imagine how aids police would be if we cant even shoot them in cars anymore.  If you give first person car fights a go you will clock on how awful it is,  I have seen ballers fight hustlers 20 man deep and hardly anyone smashes into each other, this could be a skill issue, desync, so many things, and changing that rather than optimising the server to run better in my opinion is a waste. I feel this would be a change to benefit gangs that are constantly loosing car fights or who do not have the numbers to compete in a car fights. If you cant fight in cars then don't, fight on your terms. 🙂
(this is just my opinion on the topic not a shot at any groups in particular, I've never played as police this is my view from a criminal playstyle)

I feel this idea would be great specifically for that reason, by making it unappealing to fight in cars unless it's on a target that's not expecting it like a driveby, it pushes gangs to return back to fighting on foot. It removes the goofy-looking gang car fights that go on where people seem to just drive back and forth taking shots at each other like they're jousting until one of them dies. It also means gangs will have to operate more carefully, shootouts become riskier, and in a way, it also helps with something I've seen often (granted not as much recently) which is when the police arrive the fights tend to continue for a good few minutes after as everyone is zooming around in their cars all they have to do is hit the gas when they've had enough and lose the police while if on foot it pushes groups to be more careful, have escapes planned ect and just generally be much more cautious when warring which honestly I feel is a good thing.

Shooting people who are not expecting it is called rdm it’s the thought that counts I guess Not sure how that would promote people fighting on foot, I don’t understand why you don’t fight on your terms look at cutlass they never login unless they are fighting on their terms it’s ratty but it works instead of forcing server change change the way you fight. When hustlers don’t want to fight in cars a phone call is made they agree to fight on foot, why would you need to change the whole server because two groups can’t agree on how to fight. If you are getting annoyed with car fights agree in rp to not fight in cars or do what other gangs do don’t login until you either get your way or war ends? I am sorry man but I would eat my head set  if I login one day and I’m driving in first person just because Dave from the pink gang doesn’t like car fights 😕 

@ZulufighterI have never done such ratty behaviour how ever gangs do it and I feel rather than changing a server change the way you war/fight. I do not agree with the ratty strategy certain gangs use to ensure they don’t lose a war  I went 6 months in a war with coa and cutlass and I hated the fact they were able to maintain the war by not login in. All I am saying is there are ways around it in rp rather than asking for devs to change stuff. EDIT- I also think staff should step in when certain gangs don’t login any more because they are loosing the war, in some ways you are forced to keep fighting rather than the other gang giving up. Another thing gangs do is go back and forth no you push no you push, just hold your ground too many people have a ego where they need to prove themselves hold your turf if you don’t want to car fight stand your ground. That’s my view anyways mate 

Last edited by a moderator:
Shooting people who are not expecting it is called rdm it’s the thought that counts I guess Not sure how that would promote people fighting on foot, I don’t understand why you don’t fight on your terms look at cutlass they never login unless they are fighting on their terms it’s ratty but it works instead of forcing server change change the way you fight. When hustlers don’t want to fight in cars a phone call is made they agree to fight on foot, why would you need to change the whole server because two groups can’t agree on how to fight. If you are getting annoyed with car fights agree in rp to not fight in cars or do what other gangs do don’t login until you either get your way or war ends? I am sorry man but I would eat my head set  if I login one day and I’m driving in first person just because Dave from the pink gang doesn’t like car fights 😕 
I meant more in regards to drivebys when the rp has already been built up prior to justify the driveby ofc! And I completely understand your viewpoint but I guess from my perspective its a view of you cant fight on your terms if the group your fighting have the option to just disregard your agreements, say if I want to force a foot fight so we stick to buildings and rooftops what most likely will happen is they either sit outside doing donuts shooting at us from their cars still or they go out and cause issues to our business that will force us to leave our area and fight on their terms rather than being stuck barricaded up in a room or on a roof. I'm personally not in support of driving in first person but I do feel forcing people into first person when shooting is a different story. It's definitely something I believe isn't down to the devs and staff to sort but more reliant on gangs and the rp they provide but unfortunately if people have the option to they're always going to opt for the "meta" to make themselves have the best chance of winning. Its certainly just a situation where I think there may be no good middle ground which isn't down to anyone's fault its just purely down to what works best when it comes to combat.

Back