What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Clarification of map markers/cctv in OOC context

MrKraken

Just wanted to clear something up, not wanting to lodge IPCC or anything like that as it's a bit of a wobbly line for one, no idea on the other. 

Map markers, eg. Drug Processing markers, they wouldn't actually show up on a RP map would they? PC in character said "did you not see on the map it was weed processing?". Surely that's just game mechanics right? There wouldn't be bloody great markers on an OS map saying "convert your fresh weed into street skunk here mofos!".

Secondly, fuel robberies on the database. YEsterday, suited and booted in hi-vis bib, hard hat, overalls & shades with a fuel truck to look the part. RP'ed my way out of a robbery with Maverick & Welshy (err...twice). During the being caught at weed processing, one of the PCSO's brought up the attempted robberies, which made for an awkward bit of RP moment as that scenario was RP'ed out. Is that game mechanic nudging itself into RP or not? I know, cameras etc. but as I was unknown and unprocessed by police before those robberies, it wouldn't have my name on there  to match it to the system surely? Also point to note, looked completely different as was wearing a diving suit. So just wanted clarification to where the lines seem to be a bit blurred with RP & Game mechanic :) 

Both on video waiting to be edited for the old youtube gimmick too :p  

Map markers, eg. Drug Processing markers, they wouldn't actually show up on a RP map would they?
In character no they don’t exist. However the police would know its a heavy drug area simply from monitoring traffic and stopping vehicles. 

Secondly, fuel robberies on the database. YEsterday, suited and booted in hi-vis bib, hard hat, overalls & shades with a fuel truck to look the part. RP'ed my way out of a robbery with Maverick & Welshy (err...twice). During the being caught at weed processing, one of the PCSO's brought up the attempted robberies, which made for an awkward bit of RP moment as that scenario was RP'ed out.
The officers who RPed it out as not being a robbery should really have cleared those of their PNC or at minimum put a note saying to ignore them as the game automatically adds those. 

Pretty much exactly the way I thought it should be (on both counts). 

Thanks Mattch

The officers who RPed it out as not being a robbery should really have cleared those of their PNC or at minimum put a note saying to ignore them as the game automatically adds those. 
This part in particular. If some officers are forgetting to do it, or ask for authorisation to remove it, then they're not doing their jobs properly. I'll make a note of this, and pass it up for mention in the next police meeting :)

Back