What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Clarification on 'Bank Backup' Rule

Frisky Hen

The Only Hen with a Cock
Hi folks,

I'm just posting this to ask if the admins/mentors/police seniors could give some clarification on the rule that gangs are not allowed call for backup during a bank op (I would paste the rule but the rule section is down atm). 

Tonight officers responded to a bank operation. There were 10 officers on duty so all came down to assist. It became apparent that we were outnumbered and when negotiations failed and the blasting charges were placed we tried our best to take out the rebels. Thoughout the fight we noticed that rebels who had been killed were returning to the area (after their NLR time was up). 

I had a situation like this before and asked an admin if it was okay for them to come back. The admin said they could not; the reason being that once they die they start a new life with no memory of the bank operation. Therefore there is no way they can return without being called in as backup (breaking the bank op rule). 

I mentioned this to a rebel during the bank op just so he could tell everyone in case they didn't know. I was told that the rebels had contacted a separate admin who said that they were indeed allowed return and resume the fight once their NLR ends. 

I was wondering if @Wilco or someone less amazing (shameless kiss arseing)  might be able to clarify who is right in this scenario. 

---

Another thing that came up after a chat with some of the rebels. Often cops return to the scene of a bank op. As far as I am aware once a cop dies at a bank op he should resume normal patrol. During the first 15 minutes of patrol he should ignore any calls from the bank channel. If, after that 15 minutes is up, he/she hears a call for assistance they are allowed to come to lend support again. 

Is this correct? 

---

I have a feeling some rebels will say the way I'm viewing this is a double standard but I don't believe it is for a number of reasons. 

1. Almost all of the combat bank ops I've seen recently have ended in a rebel victory. 

2. Lets say its 14 cops vs. 14 rebels. 1 of those cops might be a cso, most will be PCs (short range scopes) or SPCs (while scopes aren't bad the MK20 isn't too effective against rebel armor). The likelihood is that the cops are going to be heavily outgunned and out-ranged, particularly on nights like tonight when there is a skeleton crew of cops on duty. 

3. It also sets a limit on the time rebels can stay at the bank. If they get greedy and stay for too long they may get swarmed where as if they work efficiently and quickly they can get away with a decent amount before any police reinforcements arrive. 

I'd like to point out I'm not saying anyone has broken a rule. It appears, from talking to police, rebels and admins, that nobody can really agree on these rules and their meaning. 

Also, because its 04.52am right now. Here's my dancing hen ;)  

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
The rules are very clear about this. Once you're dead you can not return to the bank, under any conditions.
Even without the memory of a bank OP, the calls and request for backup should simply be ignored by anyone that has died or wasn't present at the time of detonation.
If they do they would be in breach of the bank OP rule. As always, the same applies to rebels.

TL;DR.
No, you are not allowed to return under any conditions if:
- You've died.
- You were not present during the time of detonation

P.S.
There could be no paragraphs as Tapatalk is weird when it comes to pressing 'Enter' to input a paragraph

It's a tough one. I'd avoid coming back to the area but I believe if someone asks you, you can go. Doing so will probably result in arguments/reports tho.

The rules are very clear about this. Once you're dead you can not return to the bank, under any conditions. Even without the memory of a bank OP, the calls and request for backup should simply be ignored by anyone that has died or wasn't present at the time of detonation. If they do they would be in breach of the bank OP rule. As always, the same applies to rebels. TL;DR. No, you are not allowed to return under any conditions if: - You've died. - You were not present during the time of detonation P.S. There could be no paragraphs as Tapatalk is weird when it comes to pressing 'Enter' to input a paragraph
But as frisky said, some admins say one thing, whilst others state the opposite. I think we will need someone in charge to clarify this.

The rules have changed over time, I'll see if i can get a decent response for you.

To add to this, would it be possible to clarify the below situation:

- Assist gang in bank job.
- I die.
- When re-spawning, I do not know about the bank job.
- I hear about the bank job from gang, but know I cannot help out as I was there before.

Now that my new life knows about the bank job, but is hesitant to go to it, am I allowed to assist in Kavala when the gang are selling the gold? Rather than at the bank itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
"You may not call for backup, only those on site at the beginning of the heist may take part". The rules are very clear in this :p Wilco can't make it easier.

"You may not call for backup, only those on site at the beginning of the heist may take part". The rules are very clear in this :p Wilco can't make it easier.
As Zippo pointed out if admins are unsure how can we be 100% sure? I wouldn't jump the gun Puppy ;) 

Is this the same for police then? I think thay should have the same rules.
As far as I'm aware police can come back if they are called in from a normal patrol after 15 minutes. Not 100% on that though so I asked to clarify that too :) 

To add to this, would it be possible to clarify the below situation:

- Assist gang in bank job.
- I die.
- When re-spawning, I do not know about the bank job.
- I hear about the bank job from gang, but know I cannot help out as I was there before.

Now that my new life knows about the bank job, but is hesitant to go to it, am I allowed to assist in Kavala when the gang are selling the gold? Rather than at the bank itself.
I know that in the past police who have died at the end of a bank job have set up at Kavala preparing for the gold to be sold. Not 100% sure this is allowed but if it is there's no reason rebels can't do the same. 

Back