What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Clarification on "Voice ID"

MrTurdTastic

Los Santos Police Senior
Los Santos Police Senior
I've had a few discussions with staff and other players and it seems that no one can come to a consensus on whether or not Voice ID is powergaming or some other rulebreak.

Some clarification on whether or not Voice ID is a rule break would be great, could include caveats such as only invalid if person is wearing masks etc.

I'd say, it depends. If you recognize the voice, perhaps clothes, walking style, etc - you could assume Voice ID from that. I.e they sound like X and have similar traits to X, probably X. 

If they're totally out of character, but just have the same voice you could just ask the question - is this 'X'? If they say no, follow the normal procedure for ID'ing someone. 

I wouldn't say it's powergaming - powergaming is where you'll ultimately win a situation because of actions you've taken. Not really sure it fits into any other rulebreak apart from G 3.5 Character separation, this is where you could claim you know someone and perhaps make a situation when it might not actually be them. 

Following this, interesting topic! 

I'd say, it depends. If you recognize the voice, perhaps clothes, walking style, etc - you could assume Voice ID from that. I.e they sound like X and have similar traits to X, probably X. 

If they're totally out of character, but just have the same voice you could just ask the question - is this 'X'? If they say no, follow the normal procedure for ID'ing someone. 

I wouldn't say it's powergaming - powergaming is where you'll ultimately win a situation because of actions you've taken. Not really sure it fits into any other rulebreak apart from G 3.5 Character separation, this is where you could claim you know someone and perhaps make a situation when it might not actually be them. 

Following this, interesting topic! 
Yeah this is why I think some clarification is needed. It leaves too much up to ambiguity imo. For example, if I'm UC as a cop, different clothes, mask etc. identifying me by my voice is technically valid. But given that I've gone to lengths to alter my appearance, posture etc. It could quite easily be me on another character which is where I think it falls short for me.

iirc it has been said many times you can voice id but not soley. you have to have another reason to ID them.  suchas tattoo or gang affliation etc. You cant just go "yu sound like"

I usually go for a, you sound familiar if they reply with something like oh shit is that you Samuel then yea it's them, if they don't i sometimes Add on a is that you ??? Or you sound alot like this person I know called ??? But only if it's appropriate like someone haveing a messaround

Alot of it will also be situational, so if they are dressed up and messing about for fun I see no reason for me not to be like is that you ??? But if it was someone robbing me and they are armed I wouldent try and be like that you under that mask as they will probably dump you

Back