What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Clear Dispatches

BronsonN

Brief Summary:

In the dispatch system add an option on a call you are assigned to called 'Clear call' which will not just hide that call from your own dispatch list but from all other players dispatch list. 

Detailed Suggestion:

Currently when you are on duty as something like a medic during a busy period with multiple calls coming in since you can only hide calls that come in as other calls are dealt with it becomes unclear what calls still need responding to and what calls have been dealt with. I feel like the ability for people to 'clear' calls on the dispatch system in which rather than just hiding the call from the local user it should remove the call from every other unit who can see that call so they know this no longer needs someone. Although medics already have skulls to indicate dead players we still have plenty of other calls coming in so the dispatches are relied on by a lot of medics to know what has been called in. I feel like this simple addition will help to lower any confusion within services when it comes to people knowing what calls have actually been handled.

The Pros:

This would help clear up some service time of responding to the same calls that have already been dealt with and overall make the dispatch list more accurate to what actually needs a response.

The Cons:

The development time it would take, I am unsure how the system has been built so if it is done in a way where dispatches have synced IDs and so on it should be relatively easy however if it is made in a way where it is hard to reference dispatches after they have been made this could be more difficult.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

No.

I totally agree, it becomes really difficult to manage the dispatch list, it also makes it difficult when going from call to call during a busy period or when there are multiple medics on dealing with different incidents, the callout list becomes relatively redundant and you end up relying on the skills around the map to guide you which patient to go to next. 

The callouts could also be auto-deleted, or have a marker for 'No trace of patient' when the dead body is moved, similar to the skills disappearing on the map, it will make things a lot more efficient for medics, rather than being sat there for a few minutes trying to clear the dispatch log and figure out which are active calls, they would be easily indefinable and would be able to deal with the active calls accordingly.

I like that very much! Also maybe a function to sort the dispatched, as for police to hide drug dispatches or to search through them. Also for a dispatcher role to be able to pin a dispatch so it doesn't get pushed down. 

I like that very much! Also maybe a function to sort the dispatched, as for police to hide drug dispatches or to search through them. Also for a dispatcher role to be able to pin a dispatch so it doesn't get pushed down. 
This is done rather well by the filter. sinc filtering to frontline will show drug dispatches. fts will be shoen to traffic and firearms will ofc see firearms. at least last i tried it worked similar to that

This is done rather well by the filter. sinc filtering to frontline will show drug dispatches. fts will be shoen to traffic and firearms will ofc see firearms. at least last i tried it worked similar to that
There is a filter 🤭

If everyone who can see the dispatch, can remove the dispatch, say for mechanics too. What is going to stop people from removing dispatches just because they can, or out of spite, even though it has not been attended to.

If everyone who can see the dispatch, can remove the dispatch, say for mechanics too. What is going to stop people from removing dispatches just because they can, or out of spite, even though it has not been attended to.
This.

In addition my concern would be corrupt peoples covering up dispatches for their affiliated groups.

just for the dispatcher role for NHS/FIRE/POL

The option could be limited to whitelisted emergency services as taxi, mechanic, tow trucks are more likely to abuse this due to competition and so on .

This.

In addition my concern would be corrupt peoples covering up dispatches for their affiliated groups.
The use of this button should be logged and maybe when a call is cleared a notification can pop up saying `MP-48 (John Doe) has cleared Drug Dealing Call (ID: 84)` so it is clear when one person keeps on clearing the same type of call to the entire service.

Or maybe since police calls are so sensitive it could be restricted to certain ranks or dispatch however for fire and NHS there is not much reason for someone to abuse this although the before mentioned logging and notifications could be added for cases where it might happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
The option could be limited to whitelisted emergency services as taxi, mechanic, tow trucks are more likely to abuse this due to competition and so on .

The use of this button should be logged and maybe when a call is cleared a notification can pop up saying `MP-48 (John Doe) has cleared Drug Dealing Call (ID: 84)` so it is clear when one person keeps on clearing the same type of call to the entire service.

Or maybe since police calls are so sensitive it could be restricted to certain ranks or dispatch however for fire and NHS there is not much reason for someone to abuse this although the before mentioned logging and notifications could be added for cases where it might happen.
I only clear them if I get there and the car is gone as a mechanic, saves others from turning up and wasting their time

Back