What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Coca Cola

SGT Owen

Roflcopter
Lifetime Donator
Picked up some diet coke yesterday, saw in tescos they had them in glass bottles. I personally think it tastes so much better from the glass bottle than a can/plastic bottle.

Anyone else or am I just being a bit of a numpty? 

http://imgur.com/sfBKCsw

Last edited by a moderator:
Really hate diet coke.. would much rather Pepsi max.

but they taste much nicer from a can

Picked up some diet coke yesterday, saw in tescos they had them in glass bottles. I personally think it tastes so much better from the glass bottle than a can/plastic bottle.

Anyone else or am I just being a bit of a numpty? 

http://imgur.com/sfBKCsw
All the snazzy cafe's do those glass bottles and yes I have to agree it does taste better, especially ice cold and with a lemon :)

It does indeed taste better from a Glass bottle, then can, and plastic bottle at the bottom of the list.

There is some scientific reasoning behind it @SPC Owen - the glass does not react with the drink in anyway to alter the flavour, where as the metal cans are subject to oxidation or other reactions where metal is in contact with an acidic solution, the plastic bottles more so when exposed to UV radiation (sunlight) as this can slowly break down the plastic which in turn can leech into the drink, not enough to be toxic, but could alter the taste.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UV_degradation

That article explains how UV light attacks various different polymer plastics such as PTFE, PET, LDPE etc. It cna be mitigated by adding chemicals that hamper the UV attack, which i suppose may also affect the taste.

fbd.jpg

Isn't that the reason why food tastes nicer from gold cutlery, because it is unreactive?

I personally hate Diet Coke and love the original Coke, but I have to agree drink ping from a glass bottle is way better than a plastic one

I personally only drink Light/Zero Cola, as long as the brand is: Coca Cola or Pepsi(max). But I just drink it straight out of the 1.5L Plastic bottle(I drink ~4.5L a day :O)

I don't like cola from a glass, if I were to drink it out of something else than a bottle it would be a can :p

I personally only drink Light/Zero Cola, as long as the brand is: Coca Cola or Pepsi(max). But I just drink it straight out of the 1.5L Plastic bottle(I drink ~4.5L a day :O)

I don't like cola from a glass, if I were to drink it out of something else than a bottle it would be a can :p
Damn that's a lot :)

You need to be careful Puppy, besides all the shit it has on it, i had a mate that had to go to surgery because he drank so much he started having some wholes on his stomach or something like it.

@Zeito glad to see someone reads the lad bible! ( article about that the other week )

Havent had it out a glass bottle in a long time but I'm going to keep an eye for it!

@puppy1004as Cardoso said be careful mate, that diet stuff has sugar substitutes which apparently can cause cancer + it's not good for your body (I only drink diet/zero)

Outta the glass!

You need to be careful Puppy, besides all the shit it has on it, i had a mate that had to go to surgery because he drank so much he started having some wholes on his stomach or something like it.
I'll reduce the amount I drink then, I don't want to go to surgery. Thanks for the warning Cardoso <3

@Zeito glad to see someone reads the lad bible! ( article about that the other week )

Havent had it out a glass bottle in a long time but I'm going to keep an eye for it!

@puppy1004as Cardoso said be careful mate, that diet stuff has sugar substitutes which apparently can cause cancer + it's not good for your body (I only drink diet/zero)

Outta the glass!
Yeah, I'll buy less of it and just drink more water instead of Cola :D

@puppy1004and @Samatlewissas for the risks of the artifical sweetner Aspartame - it's only really dangerous to your health in that ball point pen ink is dangerous to your health. You'd have to ingest something like 25kg of biro ink before it made you seriously ill. In all this EU referendum nonsense one thing to bear in mind is here in the EU wer have extremely strict food quality and testing regulations. A diet soda is not going to kill you.

The same above applies to tap water - unless there's a serious break down in your water infrastructre (such as in Flint, Michigan) tap water in the EU is relatively safe.

@puppy1004I saw something about tap water and the chemicals/metals that are in it so try mineral water haha!
I live in the Netherlands :p It's all cleaned very very good here :p

@puppy1004and @Samatlewissas for the risks of the artifical sweetner Aspartame - it's only really dangerous to your health in that ball point pen ink is dangerous to your health. You'd have to ingest something like 25kg of biro ink before it made you seriously ill. In all this EU referendum nonsense one thing to bear in mind is here in the EU wer have extremely strict food quality and testing regulations. A diet soda is not going to kill you.

The same above applies to tap water - unless there's a serious break down in your water infrastructre (such as in Flint, Michigan) tap water in the EU is relatively safe.
Fair enough, Ill reduce on my cola amount anyway. Just incase.

I live in the Netherlands :p It's all cleaned very very good here :p

Fair enough, Ill reduce on my cola amount anyway. Just incase.
I love original coca cola, but i dislike the 'film' it leaves in your mouth after. I've switched to drinking fruit-flavoured sparkling water from my local Tesco. 5x 1L bottles for £1.50 (less than €2) No calories, no 'sugar', it's artificially sweetened with Sucralose, which is modified natural sugar. It's not broken down by your body and just passes on through in your piss. Nice and safe.

I love original coca cola, but i dislike the 'film' it leaves in your mouth after. I've switched to drinking fruit-flavoured sparkling water from my local Tesco. 5x 1L bottles for £1.50 (less than €2) No calories, no 'sugar', it's artificially sweetened with Sucralose, which is modified natural sugar. It's not broken down by your body and just passes on through in your piss. Nice and safe.
Hmmmm... That does seem like something that I would try once :p I'll go and buy some soon :D

Back