What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Coding for Arma 3

emi

Los Santos Police Senior
Los Santos Police Senior
Los Santos Police Trainer
Is there any way I could learn SQF? I tried myself but couldnt do it if anyone has a website about or something like that would be amazing!

Well learning the syntax is pretty simple; actually understanding what you're trying to achieve and the tools available is a different story. Learning the syntax is a good place to start though, then try checking out some github pages for popular open source gamemodes on arma 3 if you want to create something similar.

Oh and take a look at the editor in-game, no point in knowing how to script if you have no idea how the editor works. 

If you have little/no experience with any sort of functional or object based programming run and hide, SQF is a baad place to start.

That being said syntactically its based on C so in that regard its kinda simple. So if you have programming experience, grab a few missions and take them to pieces and see how they work. The Biki is ehhh kinda...  OK with documenting the scripting stuff and a little on the engine if you come across anything you are unfamiliar with.

For more specific stuff look at scripts people have written. A good place for some relevant stuff like that is http://altisliferpg.com

thats pretty much how I started, so take that how you will!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back