What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Community Meetup Poll 2

Where, roughly, is good for you?

• North

Votes: 45 26.9%
  • Mid

Votes: 79 47.3%
  • South

Votes: 61 36.5%
  • Further than North

Votes: 19 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever we decide to do I'm definitely going, can't pass up a chance to meet Dain in person.

Paintball and some drinks/food afterwards does sound good!, Cant wait to meet everyone :)

I'll show you all how we play paintball in MURICA !!! I wouldn't miss this for the world. Btw we need to do PRNA vs cops lmao

Manchester, middle of the UK. Has an airport, has lots of clubs and stuff to do in the city.

Literally the perfect option.

I would probably recommend Leeds to be honest, it's in a nice central location, has an airport, and has been rated many times as one of the best places to go out in terms of night-life. I'm sure there's a good Paintball or Airsoft place around somewhere as well.

I would probably recommend Leeds to be honest, it's in a nice central location, has an airport, and has been rated many times as one of the best places to go out in terms of night-life. I'm sure there's a good Paintball or Airsoft place around somewhere as well.
Leeds would be perfect for me, I only live about 10 minutes away in the car :eek:

Airsoft sounds really fun, too. Always wanted to play, would be great to maybe have everyone pitch in and rent a site for the afternoon?

Leeds would be perfect for me, I only live about 10 minutes away in the car :eek:

Airsoft sounds really fun, too. Always wanted to play, would be great to maybe have everyone pitch in and rent a site for the afternoon?
I've played both Paintball and Airsoft a few times, honestly I think Airsoft is a better choice overall.

- Paintballs are expensive to buy at the site (and they usually don't allow you to bring your own). The free 100 paintballs disappear quickly and refils usually cost about £30-40 for 1000 more...

- Airsoft you usually get about 3000 pellets included in the original cost. I spent a whole day spamming like crazy and only used 2000 pellets in a day. They let you take the pellets home and can usually use them again at other sites.

- Both Paintball and Airsoft hurt the same, especially if you get hit in a sensitive spot. Although I admit, hitting someone with a Paintball and watching it splatter is far more satisfying.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Mycaelis I'm guessing you live close, as you suggested Leeds.. Where have you played Airsoft before? I should probably look into this a little more.

I live about a 2 hour drive from Leeds to be honest, but it's just a nice centralish location which is why I suggested it.

As for airsoft, I've been a couple of times (actually going again in 11 days) to Blue Streak Airsoft near Aylesbury.

It's actually on an old RAF base / ex rocket testing facility. (Their website is a bit pants).

If you're looking at Leeds, there are a lot of sites, with a mixture of landscapes from woodland, to stone quarries, I think a couple are even based on huge abandoned industrial sites with lots of buildings / close quarters stuff. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I live about a 2 hour drive from Leeds to be honest, but it's just a nice centralish location which is why I suggested it.

As for airsoft, I've been a couple of times (actually going again in 11 days) to Blue Streak Airsoft near Aylesbury.

It's actually on an old RAF base / ex rocket testing facility. (Their website is a bit pants).

If you're looking at Leeds, there are a lot of sites, with a mixture of lanscapes from Woodland, to stone quarries, I think a couple are even based on huge abandoned industrial sites with lots of buildings / close quarters stuff. 

Close quarters, with plenty of buildings and some open ground is exactly what I'm looking for, never really been interested in fighting in the woodland to be honest. I'll definitely look into this, can't imagine it's a cheap do but should be well worth it.

Has anything been taken any further yet then? Would be nice to know so I can try not to be sat on a platform in the north sea....

I'm working on solidifying plans this week, so expect a new thread in the coming days; I'll be taking names of those who are serious, and putting a solid date for those who need to book time off. For now feel free to chuck any suggestions in here and I'll do my best to incorporate them.

South --> Better (cheaper!) flight connections.

Not too fussed about the date, as long as it's in a weekend.
Leeds Bradford airport is a good northern airport where I've had flights to and from Germany for 40EUR - cheap cause no one wants to go there. I'm happy to do an Airport run in my Scooby too if people need lifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back