What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Computer broken

Alieni

So...i went in and checked if i could update my bios drivers...as my Computer was put together by hp...thats where i looked for them drivers...and basically here's what I got  myself into https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vex7-kvW1oc

Any help would be appreciated. ..

Last edited by a moderator:
If your computer doesn't POST and you can't get back into BIOS I would think you are having the same problem I did a little while back with my parents PC.

If that is true then I would clear the CMOS settings (Loads of step by steps online on how to do this). Then when you boot back up I would go back into BIOS just to be sure and reset to default settings. Hope I helped. I'm not a expert on this topic.

First off, Is the computer in warranty and do you have a service agreement with HP (you may be entitled to a free engineer visit) it's worth checking.

It could be as simple as the BIOS resetting the graphics option back to onboard as the default card, try plugging your monitor into the mainboard graphics socket and go checnge the preference in the BIOS back to PCIE.

Are you getting beeps when you turn your computer on ? if so, how many and what sequence.

First off, Is the computer in warranty and do you have a service agreement with HP (you may be entitled to a free engineer visit) it's worth checking.

It could be as simple as the BIOS resetting the graphics option back to onboard as the default card, try plugging your monitor into the mainboard graphics socket and go checnge the preference in the BIOS back to PCIE.

Are you getting beeps when you turn your computer on ? if so, how many and what sequence.
Yes it starts to beep when I start up the computer, and its a sequence of 6 beeps.

I tried plugging my monitor to the mainboard, but i got the same result. 6 beeps and no singal for the monitor.

Is it under warranty though? how long ago did you buy it and did it come with a service agreement?

remove the graphics card and try booting again.

ok, pop the gpu out and try booting again.
Ok that made the computer To show video. Now im just returning the computer To factory  settings as it refused To boot To windows. May not work tho as it's  stuck at  8%.

Best of luck man :), once you get windows booting successfully you need to pop the gpu back in and cross your fingers !

I tried popping gpu back, doesn't work. apparently this bios is like really broken...There's no option for sleep mode anymore. And there is no audio drivers installed at the moment.. By the way my Computer is hp pavilion p6-2481eo. The motherboard it has is

MSI MS-7778 

if anyone here knows where could I get the original driver for it...please let me know. need to get that put back in

Looks like the problem with the bios was that it was ment to be installed on a Windows 8.1 machine. And I am running Windows 10 as of now, would it be a good idea to downgrade to 8.1 and then try to install the same driver update? 

Looks like the problem with the bios was that it was ment to be installed on a Windows 8.1 machine. And I am running Windows 10 as of now, would it be a good idea to downgrade to 8.1 and then try to install the same driver update? 
If im right it shouldn't be a big problem on where it gets installed as long its not a vista ;) But you could always try it atleast if it works out then your fine and if it doesn't well then i have no idea at this moment maybe you @Fuel knows what to do?

I'd reccomend calling one of the indian tech support guys. 

Dont actually do that :D

If nothing else works, downgrade to Windows 8.1 and try to install the same drivers.

Not a problem at all.

I've read throught that, but sadly didn't find a fix for my problem so far.

Today I tried to install a 8.18 bios update, which I can remember being the one that was there originally, but it said that my Computer wasn't compatible with that. Now does that suggest that my Computer should indeed be running Windows 8.1 in order to install that? as it says so in the requirements.

EDIT: Okay I got the audio problem sorted now by installing drivers manually...so I suppose I'll be able to install some kind of drivers for the graphics card aswell so that the motherboard would atleast try to work with it again....

EDIT: It's all good now, thank you for the help ! 

Just had to disable secure boot and enable some kind of legacy thing in the bios settings. Now it runs on the graphics card just fine. :)

Back