What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Computer help..

Newt

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
HI guys

I'm pretty  clueless when it comes to the PCs what to get and what not I was wondering if one of you out there in the world web can help me.. I'm looking to by a new desktop computer but as I said I have no idea what the computer jargon means..

I have found a site where you can build your own pc but no idea where to start (won't shear the link just in case..) help me please xx 

Do you have a budget in mind for what you want to spend in total?

What will the system be used for primarily? Gaming, office work, video production?

Are you alright building the system yourself if you order parts, or have somebody that can do that for you?

Are there any requirements that you definitely want, or do you want us to just suggest what we think is best?

- Marc

Budget: £1000 up words 

All 3, gaming office and video 

I have a man...

suggestions/recommendations names anything! 

Not it in any way computer savy please and thank you! X

OK due to the amount of people posting their budget and bot actually having that amount then coming back later with the same request, with a completely different amount.

Do you actually have £1000 to go out and spend on computer parts right now, or is this how much you want to spend at some undetermined point in the future?

Cheers,
Cynical Lionel

yes.. yes  I do £1000 upwards, to get today tomorrow some time in the week. 

Few questions! Do you need peripherals (eg monitor, mouse and keyboard or headset)? Also, do you want an optical drive? What kind of case would you like blue, red, green, no color? And do you want me to include the operating system in the 1000 pounds, or can you get an OS yourself?

I have keyboard mouse monitor and all that just after a new pc, okay so.. this is what is on my list so far please do say if I'm doing it horbaly wrong.. 

CPU: Intel® Core™i7-6700k

MOTHERBOARD:  Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3

RAM: Hyperx predator quad ddr4

GRAPHICS CARD:  8GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 x2

HARD DISK:  500GB Samsung 850 EVO x2

POWER: Corse air 850 RMx 

PROSEESOR COOLONG Corsair h80i hydro cooler

EXTRA FAN: 120mm Apache Black Fan x2 

I have keyboard mouse monitor and all that just after a new pc, okay so.. this is what is on my list so far please do say if I'm doing it horbaly wrong.. 

CPU: Intel
00ae.png
Core
2122.png
i7-6700k

Not bad ATM, how much RAM?

CPU: Intel
00ae.png
Core
2122.png
i7-6700k

Looking good so far, I wouldnt go SLI if I were you, so many games don't utilise the tech properly, and worse than that can cause headache's further down the line, if your good with tech it shouldn't be an issue.
use the SSD for storage and get yourself a m.2 NVME driver for your boot drive.

If you can fit it in your case, I would Highly recommend the Corsair H105 as a cooling solution.

If you are going SLI on the 1070's your going to have to make sure your case has good airflow, plus you will have increased fan noise.

Hyperx predator quad ddr4  32gb ram. what graphics card would you recommend has a replacement, the case is a nWIN 805 BLACK MID TOWER GAMING CASE 476 x 205 x 455mm (Approx H x W x D) is that big enough for it all? would this be okay for the SSD 128GB SAMSUNG SM951 M.2?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Newt, 

I think the case that you have right now is big enough to house all the components you have in mind. But as Lionel said unless your man knows something is a about SLI technology you should probably avoid it. Also, do you plan on overclocking?

What should I swap it with? Ermmm what's over clocking? 

Unless you want to game in 4k (you would need a 4k monitor to. it is really high quality, it just looks nice) you can do with one gtx 1070 and learn how to use the PC. after you become more proficient with pc building and troubleshooting you can buy a second 1070 if you think you need it. Overclocking is increasing the performance of the CPU and GPU by increasing the clockspeed, this to is something for when you need a better performance from your pc. (it also makes it run hotter, so you might need extra fans when overclocking and going SLI, which is really overkill imo)

I do have a 4K monitor, ahh okay so just the one gtx 1070. So is that okay then for everything I have listed?  Thanks for all the help by the way I'll do a final list of everything to make sure it's all good!

If you want to game with your 4k monitor the one GTX 1070 might not be enough for certain very demanding games like The Witcher 3. (either learn about SLI and be ready to troubleshoot a lot or overclock your pc.) Also, ARMA 3 might not run very smooth in 4k and ulta settings while running with one GTX 1070. (But I do not know a whole lot about ARMA performance)

Enjoy building your PC!

Hyperx predator quad ddr4  32gb ram. what graphics card would you recommend has a replacement, the case is a nWIN 805 BLACK MID TOWER GAMING CASE 476 x 205 x 455mm (Approx H x W x D) is that big enough for it all? would this be okay for the SSD 128GB SAMSUNG SM951 M.2?
 the SM951 is a little slower than the 950, but that's like arguing that the Ferrari is 4 mph slower than the Lamborghini (its true but little difference).

If you can take the hit for 32GB of ram then its nice to have, 16GB is a pretty standard size though that fits many many purposes, if your running out of cash, I would recommend dropping this to 16 as your first step, unless you have some VERY specific requirements that need huge amounts of ram.

Your case is big enough for it all, but you would need to scrimp on the AIO water cooling and just get a single block :( personally I think that is a horrible idea, no point in having all that power if your restricted on how fast you can run it.

I would recommend another case, personably I love the Cosmos line from coolermaster (I have X2 of the Cosmos 1000 soundproofed edition) It is as sturdy as a rock, absolutely massive and will last your years and years and years. On looks i think its fine, But I know some people prefer shiny plastic to look inside. (I would also recommend buying second-hand)
If you do go looking for another case, do try and get one with space for dual radiator on the top :) 
Otherwise the h80i that you selected is the best choice for the current case.

Would the h100i v2 be better? And for the case maybe this COOLERMASTER MASTERCASE PRO 5 GAMING CASE,"?

Would the h100i v2 be better? And for the case maybe this COOLERMASTER MASTERCASE PRO 5 GAMING CASE,"?
nice case, the H100i is a thin radiator which means you get less cooling for your airflow, the 105 is a nice thick radiator. for such a minimal difference in price I would stick with the 105 (have fitted it before and it provides some great cooling for notoriously hot systems)

another viewpoint  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/199352-corsair-h100i-vs-h105-which-is-better/

The V2 apsect is just a rebranding and there is no difference from the h100i (I have looked couldn't find any) but the rad has exactly the same specs so only changes will be either Pump or fans if any.

Remember when fitting the AIO the Fans must be plugged into the CPU fan socket and the pump into Chassis fan socket :) 

Back