What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Connecting a SSD Drive.

Karnii

Bought a new SSD Drive, connected the bastard thing to both the Power and Motherboard, but for some reason it does not show the new SSD is connected when i check my hard drives on my PC.

Tried connecting it to a different power cable, also tried a different slot in the motherboard, nothing seems to work. any suggestions?

Cheers :p

I'm guessing you never formatted it, look up guides fam.

I have my 2tb Hard drive plugged in but it doesn't show up because I have never formatted it.

Start Menu > Right-Click "My Computer" > Select "Manage"
In the window that opens, select "Disk Management" from the tree in the left panel (towards the bottom of the tree)
Your existing hard drives should come up with blue or green barred boxes denoting the partitions, and there should be some information on each. Your new SSD will most likely have a box with a black bar extending the full length, denoting unallocated space. Use Disk management to initialize the new SSD. It should then appear in "my computer."

Last edited by a moderator:
press windows key, type ''disk management'' into the search box, scroll down look for you new ssd, right click it, select new volume, create with partitions, boom, job done

I'm guessing you never formatted it, look up guides fam.

I have my 2tb Hard drive plugged in but it doesn't show up because I have never formatted it.

press windows key, type ''disk management'' into the search box, scroll down look for you new ssd, right click it, select new volume, create with partitions, boom, job done

Start Menu > Right-Click "My Computer" > Select "Manage"
In the window that opens, select "Disk Management" from the tree in the left panel (towards the bottom of the tree)
Your existing hard drives should come up with blue or green barred boxes denoting the partitions, and there should be some information on each. Your new SSD will most likely have a box with a black bar extending the full length, denoting unallocated space. Use Disk management to initialize the new SSD. It should then appear in "my computer."

Thank you very much, got it sorted, its formatting. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much, got it sorted, its formatting. :)
Please ensure you have AHCI enabled on the motherboard for your SSD.

rather than give my own version
http://forums.crucial.com/t5/Crucial-SSDs/Why-do-i-need-AHCI-with-a-SSD-Drive-Guide-Here-Crucial-AHCI-vs/td-p/57078

please note if this changes the mode of the channel your windows installation drive is on Windows will not boot.

e.g. most boards will allow you to changes sata channels 0-4 to ahci or channels 4-8 etc etc this depends on which board or manufacturer.

Back