What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Consequences for police informants.

BASIC1

Unlinked
So I'm just gonna keep this short and simple. I understand that "grassing" is RP, but what I don't understand is how gangs do it so openly and brag about it. In my opinion, giving information to the police as a gang member should be kept very quiet, bragging about it is poor RP.

I think that if for example, The Lost MC or the Firm, or just any kind of entity finds out that a certain gang is snitching they should have GUS removed for a certain amount of time, not forever of course, or they should lose gun connects just some sort of consequence, as this is RP it would make sense. 

I don't really look at the forums so if this has already been suggested my bad.

I feel like there used to be rp when ‘snitching’ but now gangs snitch so they can get a win from it by either putting the other side in prison or making them lose a gun. As the same people who snitch in these situations are the same ones to get arrested and provide the rp of ‘fuck off’ to police instead of actually rping. 

Maybe something to change with:

(G5.2) Believable Character Roles - If you wish to roleplay as a lawyer, it may not be realistic that you will repair your car at the roadside, or shoot and kill a man for scratching your vehicle. Pick a style that suits your character's backstory and role and stick to it. You have multiple character slots for a reason!

For example, is it "believable" or "realistic" that a gang member openly "brags" about their criminal activity or snitching.

Im not saying the "snitching" RP needs to stop, but i think the bragging about it might fall under this rule.

Ideally, i think the snitching needs to be dealt with IC, and the Bragging OOC.

just my 2 cents

I agree with you when it comes to the whole bragging about snitching, it makes no sense at all, but snitching, in general, is another avenue of roleplay and shouldn't have these consequences if they're not caught.

HOWEVER...

If this were to be implemented, gangs need to start taking the police more seriously. What I mean by that is, that gang members have a huge shootout then multiple firearms officers turn up and the gangs just shoot past the cars ignoring their presence entirely, that is also poor RP.

Also another point, this doesn't only go to gangs but your average players as well, but the amount of NVL we see when we have ARs pointed at people and they like to play the game of 'fuck around, find out' because they think police won't shoot them because they know the police policies on shooting people. Although this is a newish player, this is a good example of what not to do and have seen even longer-term players doing the same thing... this player in fact fucked around and found out: 
https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/1QgzpKiKntPtdm/d13371b5mzEx?invite=cr-MSxodUwsNzA1MTQ5NjAs

My point is that if there were to be consequences for this type of poor RP (which I think there should be), then there should also be consequences for the other elements of poor RP that players demonstrate. If we want these elements of RP to be more serious, these other elements also need hammering down on, we shouldn't be picking and choosing what RP needs to be more serious, all elements of roleplay need to be more serious as a whole.

My point is that if there were to be consequences for this type of poor RP (which I think there should be), then there should also be consequences for the other elements of poor RP that players demonstrate. If we want these elements of RP to be more serious, these other elements also need hammering down on, we shouldn't be picking and choosing what RP needs to be more serious, all elements of roleplay need to be more serious as a whole.
I agree, you can't have one without the other.

To be fair though, I don't think police should get anywhere near a shootout while its active, I think they should observe, locate cars that are shooting and try single them out at the end. cause at the end of the day as much as police are there to obviously stop crime and prevent harm, they also need to prioritise there own health. 

I think gang war as a whole needs to be changed, when you're 5 months into a war it gets repetitive and I feel people seem to just eventually break character and put RP to aside. They also get pissy with police cause its frustrating losing a gun you spent 5 hours to acquire, especially when its the 10th time it happens haha. I been there and done my part crying about police but nothing will change if the way gangs work stays the same.

(G5.2) Believable Character Roles - If you wish to roleplay as a lawyer, it may not be realistic that you will repair your car at the roadside, or shoot and kill a man for scratching your vehicle. Pick a style that suits your character's backstory and role and stick to it. You have multiple character slots for a reason!
This rule is very important... but gets broken a million times a day haha, when you're roleplaying as a gang member, and find out weazel news is taxing on your turf its confusing to say the least. 

For example, is it "believable" or "realistic" that a gang member openly "brags" about their criminal activity or snitching.

Im not saying the "snitching" RP needs to stop, but i think the bragging about it might fall under this rule.

Ideally, i think the snitching needs to be dealt with IC, and the Bragging OOC.

just my 2 cents
Yeah this is pretty much my standpoint, apart from the OOC, I don't think it should fall under a rule break, but I think the factions and gangs should create consequences in RP.

I used GUS as an example because it would make sense for your coke connect to cut you off if he finds out you're working with the police. I just think its important if we are talking about serious RP for there to be repercussions.

I completely agree that it doesn't make sense in RP for members of OCGs to be bragging about snitching to the police. Snitching will always happen and I don't think it's a bad thing as I'm all for having more avenues to RP in the server. However, I do agree there should be consequences to it. Reputation of the group you are part of used to be a huge thing but I feel like nowadays people don't really care for reputation as such in terms of RP, more so which gang has the best shooters and most firepower. Although this is a big part of RPUK as much as a lot of people don't want it to be, I feel like valuing your own reputation in the city is not a thing for most people nowadays, which is a shame to see. 

Consequences to OCGs that have members commit acts that would bring down a reputation would be a great idea, but hard to implement I'd imagine. The way around this all would be for gang leads to actually care about the status and reputation in the city, but this is is obviously down the individuals and how much they want to RP. 

RP issue and nothing to do with staff IMO

If gang snitches or you think they do don't trust them then, simple as that.

This shouldn’t need a forum suggestion, it’s a problem with what players conceive as ‘criminal RP’, a mindset more than anything. If gangs weren’t so ok with having snitches in their gang then people wouldn’t snitch, but gangs are all against the Police until it suits them and then brag that they done it. If criminals know they are connected to a snitch they should be doing something about it, not giving them a pat on the back and asking them to join their gang…

Back